Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
michalss

Re: Tomb Raider (2013) (PC) (PS3) (XBOX) (*.tiger)

Post by michalss » Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:18 pm

game contains 3 different text formats :(
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/

turkgamer
advanced

Post by turkgamer » Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Too many of people wants translate this game, please someone help us, work on packer :(

Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie » Sat Mar 30, 2013 10:45 am

Sammie wrote:all .mul files in title_ENGLISH have FFFFDD41. Why not FF0001?
And all .mul files in bigfile_ENGLISH have many different locals (FFFFFFF7,FFFFDD51,FFFFDD61,FFFFDD63,FFFFDDF,FFFDDC1,FFFFDDCF,FFFFDDDF,FFFFDDE7,FFFFDDFF)
Of course I see, all have 0x1 bitmask, but why are there so many different locals in the english file and only one locale in the other language-files? What's the rest of this locale-stuff in the english files?
Okay, I see the english files are primary for multiple languages. Most of the .mul-files (95%) have bitmasks for english, czech, portugese, polish, korean and chinese.
Some other files have 1-2 additional bitflags for spanish, italian, french, german or arabian.. doesn't make real sense - thats the reason for the different locals. This is just a jumble. :)
All other Language-Packs (French, German, Russian ..) are separated and have only her own locale-flag.

The language-slots for hungrian and englishUK are unused, but not integrated (game starts in regular english-mode). But for japanese the game is trying to load the locals.bin and can't find them (errormsg+crash ^^). So it should be possible to inject another language in the japanese locale slot. I don't think its hard to modify the patch-file. Theoretically we could create a new bigfile|title_<lang> files with modied .muls and append (or replace) a new locals.bin to the patch-file. But I have no time to test it within the next 4 weeks. My holiday is over. :(

Axsis
advanced

Post by Axsis » Sat Mar 30, 2013 1:26 pm

turkgamer
advanced

Post by turkgamer » Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:09 pm

You are being a little bit selfish here. There are so many groups waiting for this tool to translate this game. Please consider this. So many people are waiting for this packing tool.

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Sat Mar 30, 2013 11:54 pm

turkgamer wrote:You are being a little bit selfish here. There are so many groups waiting for this tool to translate this game. Please consider this. So many people are waiting for this packing tool.
Don't run your mouth, nobody is being selfish. It's simply because the tool doesn't exist to share. If your "group" care so much about it they should stop being lazy ass leeches and learn to make tools to extract, repack so they wouldn't have to rely on others. Yes, there are many people who want a repack tool but it doesn't seem to be happening anytime soon so get over it or try make a repacker yourself. It's not nice to put pressure on people.
Click the thanks button if I helped!

relight
beginner

Post by relight » Sun Mar 31, 2013 4:55 am

I'm curious if anyone has found data in the game relating to all the icons?

Skill icons, weapon icons, etc. Any icon in the game, I'm interested in it!

Ekey
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Post by Ekey » Sun Mar 31, 2013 9:15 am

relight wrote:I'm curious if anyone has found data in the game relating to all the icons?

Skill icons, weapon icons, etc. Any icon in the game, I'm interested in it!
All ui graphics in GFx files (DTPData)

Code: Select all

pc-w\main_menu_1.drm
pc-w\main_menu_multiplayer.drm
pc-w\main_menu_options.drm

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Sun Mar 31, 2013 3:39 pm

mmm... I'm curious, has any one tried to capture the model with the tressfx on?? Is there a way to get hair mesh with that effect??

CMihai
veteran

Post by CMihai » Sun Mar 31, 2013 6:30 pm

What do you mean with all effects? There's a mesh for TressFX hair in files.

Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:25 am

Darko wrote:mmm... I'm curious, has any one tried to capture the model with the tressfx on?? Is there a way to get hair mesh with that effect??
There is no "real" mesh for the TressFX hairs. Take a look at my screenshot. (Its just a fake visualisation, cuz there are no real polygons)
This meshfile contains only start- & endpoints for each of Lara's 12576 single hairs. The gameengine is calculating thin colored lines between these points.
TressFX has no polygons and no textures, its just GPU-accelerated physics calculation (gravity, wind, collision, laras movement).

If you want to render this stuff in a 3D application, you have to script something to parse the points out of the meshfile and render colored splines with this data or connect the data with a hair-plugin or a fibermesh. Depends on your application and your knowledge. ;) Some of the Lara's meshes have an additional lowpoly-mesh inside the regular mesh. I think this lowpoly-mesh is a dummy for the collision-calculation and can be used for you own collision detection. Autodesk has some simple hair tutorials for Maya.

Darko
double-veteran
double-veteran

Post by Darko » Mon Apr 01, 2013 3:57 am

Sammie wrote:
Darko wrote:mmm... I'm curious, has any one tried to capture the model with the tressfx on?? Is there a way to get hair mesh with that effect??
There is no "real" mesh for the TressFX hairs. Take a look at my screenshot. (Its just a fake visualisation, cuz there are no real polygons)
This meshfile contains only start- & endpoints for each of Lara's 12576 single hairs. The gameengine is calculating thin colored lines between these points.
TressFX has no polygons and no textures, its just GPU-accelerated physics calculation (gravity, wind, collision, laras movement).

If you want to render this stuff in a 3D application, you have to script something to parse the points out of the meshfile and render colored splines with this data or connect the data with a hair-plugin or a fibermesh. Depends on your application and your knowledge. ;) Some of the Lara's meshes have an additional lowpoly-mesh inside the regular mesh. I think this lowpoly-mesh is a dummy for the collision-calculation and can be used for you own collision detection. Autodesk has some simple hair tutorials for Maya.
So It's something simikar to the hair modifiers in 3ds max.

Tnaks.

HeliosAI
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Post by HeliosAI » Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:09 pm

Sammie wrote:

Hey is there a possibility to just have a file with these vertices? I'd like to create a decent detailed hair mesh based on this ><

Sammie
veteran

Post by Sammie » Fri Apr 05, 2013 1:10 pm

o0Crofty0o wrote:Hey is there a possibility to just have a file with these vertices? I'd like to create a decent detailed hair mesh based on this ><
There is a possibility, but you have to do it by yourself. :mrgreen:

But common, its not so complicated.. all necessary tools are on the first page.. extract the meshes with Ricks Tool, search for files 3CBA8000.drm in bigfile.003.
Extract the .drm with Ekeys Tool and load the extracted mesh into Noesis..

Here you have the choice.. you can modify the pyhton plugin to print out the mesh.vertBuff & mesh.vertIdx after line 291 in a arbitrarily format. (One Idx connects two vertices [Start+Endpoint of every hair]). Or you can try to export the mesh as .obj and parse the vertices from the obj-file (its ascii-format). Good luck. ;)

Gh0stBlade

Post by Gh0stBlade » Sat Apr 06, 2013 1:54 am

Have there been any bigfile list updates?
Click the thanks button if I helped!