Join also our Discord channel! Click here.

Splatterhouse 2010 NIF files

The Original Forum. Game archives, full of resources. How to open them? Get help here.
Kung Fu Man
n00b

Splatterhouse 2010 NIF files

Post by Kung Fu Man » Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:38 am

These are the one files I can't completely figure out (and given that almost all the files are xml files masked as other formats, that really wasn't hard).

This is what I do know:
*The header of the file is 20.5.0.0 , so this should open up in NifScope at the very least. Instead the program crashes outright when it tries to read any of these files.
*Despite what a thread on NifTools' website says, this isn't compressed with xbdecompress.exe. Try to use it and the program even tells you outright it's not compressed with it.

I can supply sample files as needed, but I could really use another set of eyes on this if anyone can help.
http://randomselect.piiym.net/sh_resour ... 3_mask.nif

EDIT: And I just realized like an imbecile while jumping between windows I was posting this in the wrong form and can't delete it now --; If someone could move it...

Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Splatterhouse 2010 NIF files

Post by Henchman800 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 1:29 pm

I know it's a little late......almost 8 years haha
But I just stumbled across this version of Noesis with mviewer: https://github.com/majimboo/mviewer
I don't know why, but it handles the Splatterhouse 2010 .nif files!
Heres an example:

EDIT:
I also used this tool to unpack the "archive.psarc" in "USRDIR":
PSARC Extractor 1.0.zip
Hope I could help :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Henchman800
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Re: Splatterhouse 2010 NIF files

Post by Henchman800 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:11 pm

:!: :!: IMPORTANT INFO :!: :!:

My above mentionend method ONLY works with PS3-files. XBOX360 seems to not be supported by this noesis version!

EDIT:
skeletons and weightpainting are also supported!