XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:15 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:39 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 84 times
Have thanks: 24 times














You can make the ads go away by registering

enter wrote:
so what i'm doing wrong can someone help please.

First of all, the UFBE_0_2 does NOT support the game or any other games from frostbite list for that matter except SWBF 1 / 2 and Battlefield 1, that is why you get errors, the extraction messes things up, also the tool only supports DATA folder of the games NOT the Update/Patch folders.

The only way for now to extract the game fully is by using the python script of SWBF2beta that I posted in first post of this thread.
After you delete your extraction and try the script to dump it all again use the mesh_tool again by daemon1 and should work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:46 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
mono24 wrote:
First of all, the UFBE_0_2 does NOT support the game or any other games from frostbite list for that matter except SWBF 1 / 2 and Battlefield 1, that is why you get errors, the extraction messes things up, also the tool only supports DATA folder of the games NOT the Update/Patch folders.

The only way for now to extract the game fully is by using the python script of SWBF2beta that I posted in first post of this thread.
After you delete your extraction and try the script to dump it all again use the mesh_tool again by daemon1 and should work.


i can't find the SWBF2beta script in first post of this thread, i'm really new to this i hope you can help me, and i will promise not bothering you again because i know the beginner are pain in the ass.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:10 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 84 times
Have thanks: 24 times
enter wrote:
i can't find the SWBF2beta script in first post of this thread, i'm really new to this i hope you can help me, and i will promise not bothering you again because i know the beginner are pain in the ass.

Do not worry, your not bothering me, I am as a beginner as you are, I simply had lots of trial and error and I remember what it works and what to try, no one taught me, yet had to diligently read and re-read and researched and gather all possible information I could find out there.

Let's begin:

-if you already have python installed version 32bit 2.7.3 and up, then disregard step 1:

Step1: download the latest 2.7 32bit python https://www.python.org/ftp/python/2.7.14/python-2.7.14.msi
NOTE-if you have installed version 3.x.x you MUST uninstall it because it wont work, only works with python 32bit 2.7.3 and up, not 3.x.x.
Step2: now that your python is nicely installed download the following:

Step3: extract NFS_P_dump.zip anywhere you like:
-right click on NFSP_dump.py and click on Edit with IDLE
-a python IDLE window will pop up
Step4: in that opened window edit ONLY the following lines, in the beginning of the file (as I mentioned I already edited so you wont have to edit other than the correct paths)
Code:
bf4Directory        = r"X:\YOUR PATH\Need for Speed Payback"
targetDirectory     = r"X:\YOUR PATH\NFSP_dump"

make sure that
Code:
targetDirectory

is NOT same drive/HDD where the game is installed to avoid other errors like read/write erros and other potential errors, and also to speed up process, you can extract the game like that in one hour or less depending on your PC specs of course in some cases it can take hours, anyway.
-so make sure X on bf4Directory is where your game is installed and correct path to it
-while X on targetDirectory is the other drive/HDD where you want to extract the game with the correct path of your choosing
NOTE:-for instance mine looked like this;
Code:
bf4Directory        = r"R:\Origin\games\Need for Speed Payback"
targetDirectory     = r"E:\3D Assets Game Geometry\NFSP_dump"

there for yours needs to look different once you edit it with correct paths
Step5:-now after correcting the paths, while still on that window opened hit F5 on your keyboard if a pop up shows up to save click OK then another window will open and extraction should begin, just sit back and let it run you will know when its done when nothing else happens and at the end of the window extraction you will see
Code:
>>>

remember it takes a loooong time, hours

have fun, cheers


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:50 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
mono24 i really can't thank you enough for your kindness, i will try it but i'm sure it will work perfectly.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:48 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Hello i need to ask you one more time, did i have done something wrong? i did exactly like you said but i still get this problems
photo: https://ibb.co/kq7Wgb

maybe i don't know how to use the mesh tool, can you explain how can i use it the right way, if that not to much to ask for, and thank you again.

EDIT: Nevermind bro i figured out, thank you so much for your help. ( the problem was the car needs skeleton and without it will never make the mesh file )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:59 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 84 times
Have thanks: 24 times
enter wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind bro i figured out, thank you so much for your help. ( the problem was the car needs skeleton and without it will never make the mesh file )

Glad it worked out, but what are you using for the mesh extraction? in your posted picture it sais "frostbite_faceposer".


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:26 am 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1129 times
mono24 wrote:
enter wrote:
EDIT: Nevermind bro i figured out, thank you so much for your help. ( the problem was the car needs skeleton and without it will never make the mesh file )

Glad it worked out, but what are you using for the mesh extraction? in your posted picture it sais "frostbite_faceposer".

its an internal name for same program i used to make all mesh and face tools for frostbite


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:46 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
mono24 it's like what daemon1 said.

So guys i have a big problem with the quality of the model and the textures:

1. the quality:
I know why the model doesn't have a good quality, because when you export the model with a very small scale then when you try to import the models on any program you will find that the model mesh it's kinda messy and bubbly, so can you guys edit the mesh tool to generate the car with bigger scale so we can fix this messy bubbly mesh problem.
The following picture explain the problem more
Image

2. The Textures:
a. When i convert the textures with this tool ( Batch_Itexture_Converter_SWBF2.exe ) i have a problem which is the tool doesn't convert all textures correctly some textures get damaged
The following picture explain the problem more
Image

b. The model does not have the same textures names, i think the mesh tool generating a new names for the textures.
The following picture explain the problem more
Image

so i have a question after all that i use 3dsimEd to convert Forza cars, so i'm asking if it possible to you guys to make a plugin for that program so we can open the .meshset files on it, like i do with .carbin and .modelbin files.

Thanks guys for your help, cheers.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:13 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1129 times
1. i have no idea whats your problem with mesh, it must be loaded in any program correctly. If your program loads it incorrect, this is a problem of that program.

2. black textures are not damaged, they are probably DX10.

3. its not easy to get texture names from frostbite engine, you need to use a lot of files and links between them to get texture names, so this is not supported in my tool. There are not so many textures, you should be able to apply them manually.

4. i'm not going to make any plugins for 3rd party programs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:26 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
daemon1 wrote:
1. i have no idea whats your problem with mesh, it must be loaded in any program correctly. If your program loads it incorrect, this is a problem of that program.


For the mesh i use this tool ( XPS .mesh.ascii importer for Blender ) from this tutorial https://sta.sh/04jxcv9d9o0


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:33 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1129 times
enter wrote:
daemon1 wrote:
1. i have no idea whats your problem with mesh, it must be loaded in any program correctly. If your program loads it incorrect, this is a problem of that program.


For the mesh i use this tool ( XPS .mesh.ascii importer for Blender ) from this tutorial https://sta.sh/04jxcv9d9o0


it works for SWBF1/2 and all other games because they use standard frostbite normals for smoothing. NFS is using something else.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:39 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Quote:
it works for SWBF1/2 and all other games because they use standard frostbite normals for smoothing. NFS is using something else


Then no hope of fixing this issue, WOW that will take so much time to fix, i think i will wait the gamemodels guys to upload there cars, but thank you so much man for your help.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:23 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1129 times
enter wrote:
Then no hope of fixing this issue, WOW that will take so much time to fix,


I dont know how long it will take, i'll deal with it someday.
Because now EA decided to do ALL their games on frostbite, so you can expect all new NFS games to have this. And those DX10 textures. Be ready.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:38 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 84 times
Have thanks: 24 times
enter wrote:
1. the quality:
I know why the model doesn't have a good quality, because when you export the model with a very small scale then when you try to import the models on any program you will find that the model mesh it's kinda messy and bubbly, so can you guys edit the mesh tool to generate the car with bigger scale so we can fix this messy bubbly mesh problem.

Did you perform that in 3DSmax just as to apply a smooth option?
enter wrote:
2. The Textures:
a. When i convert the textures with this tool ( Batch_Itexture_Converter_SWBF2.exe ) i have a problem which is the tool doesn't convert all textures correctly some textures get damaged

You have a couple of options out of the many out there that are simple to use:

Option 2 a bit more fancy one that can be used on many games:
DDS_Converter-6712-3-0


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: NFS Payback
PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:31 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jan 06, 2018 9:28 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Quote:
Did you perform that in 3DSmax just as to apply a smooth option?

yes

And about the textures tools you provide they are just for dds textures, i need a tool can convert from .Texture to .DDS and it must be have a chunks option too, because if the tool does not have the chunks option it will not work anyway.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Squadalahman, Wallace and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group