It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 11:53 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Various TMNT games
PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:50 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 1 time

I'm attempting to extract and make available any existing 3d models from any Ninja Turtles games. On a few I've hit some walls and am fishing for ideas.
issue= The extracted files are also in a unique format and there doesn't seem to be an available method to take them further.

- TMNT 2 Battle Nexus (Windows)/TMNT Mutant Melee:
* Extracts with: Game Extractor
Multiple extensions are present (.l, .lp, .lpa, .lpac, *none*) including known character names else there are several "demo_.dats" in the full archive. Opening in Wordpad yields the same extension result.

- TMNT 3 Mutant Nightmare (GC):
* Extracts with: manual iso/Dolphin
more to come but see above

- TMNT Danger Of The Ooze (Wii):
* Extracts with: Quickbms
Extensions are generally the bland type of file (.model, .texture, so on) but that clearly isn't the true filetype.

- TMNT Legends (Android):
Conventional Unity does not work here however the main files can simply be extracted manually from an emulator after an update is downloaded. Those files can then be deflated with a Quickbms script, TinTin I believe which leaves several small .dat files in place. Myself and others have yet to find what opens those. This game in particular of course has a high request volume right now.

- Nicktoons Online Java games:
The homesite itself is host to several Java games. However as opposed to the norm the games themselves appear to be hosted elsewhere and are loaded through a shell. All attempts to retrieve and download the game files are coming up short. The main case of my testing has been the Turflytle game.

Any and or all help would be highly appreciated by myself as well other modders around the net whom are developing fan projects. Sample files will be uploaded by myself for others to research upon request. Thanks for your time and again all the great work all of you have put in here over the years.

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: Various TMNT games
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 8:03 am 
veteran

Have thanks: 3 times
I'm pretty keen to see those TMNT Legends models out there particularly. I've also got my hands on the raw data from Turtles in Time Reshelled if that is of interest to you.

Post subject: Re: Various TMNT games
PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:14 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 1 time
Thanks. I have all that myself though, pretty much the raw stuff for every TMNT game now. Still just stuck on uncracked formats though, both of those for example. Added Smash-Up to my to do list as well now but as I'm extracting for a host site I'm working through the ones that can already be converted to usable models in full first, those being the Unity based Android games and holy moly is there a lot of models to package and upload. Especially in that Portal Power game. Someone else has captured the majority of the Legends ones with ninjaripper and an emulator and has the models hosted on Sketchfab if your just looking for those. I just want to understand the original format for school and research purposes myself.

Re-Shelled is a little more problematic as I've looked at the files for the whole game and it seems that this may be a 2.5d game of sorts, not unlike Donkey Kong Country for example whereas the engine is just directed to draw what appears to be a 3d object on a 2dimensional plane rather than containing true 3d models built of vertices and planes, hence why I didn't list this one in the first place.

The Y2k games for now I'm going to switch gears and look at the XBox versions as some people around the web claim to have had luck with but I have a feeling Konami uses the same base format for all the games regardless of system and I'll end up back where I was in the original post. If just looking for models from those including Melee I know for fact that the PC versions can be ripped easily with any 3d screen capture utility as I've already done that for shins and grins, ninjaripper being the one that brings them out T-posed of course and 3d ripper DX just in their captured poses. They're pretty small models including the stages though and not hard to work with as well the texture assignments come out just fine.