XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:38 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Batman the telltale series (Need help)
PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2016 12:50 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

Hi Im a complete noob to translating video games and i want to get into it to translate it for my brother.
Id like some help w translating batman the telltale series because so far i have only come accross some tools but no instructions on how to use them...
If anyone knows how to use "TTG tools" or some other program that can help me translate please give me a detailed explanation and keep in mind i have basically no computer knowledge apart from gaming.

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: Batman the telltale series (Need help)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 12:09 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Hey, things you're asking are already covered in other forum topic, so here i will just try to gather all things.

To edit game text you will need 2 tools (in fact first is included with second tool, but that not important at this moment;)):
1. TTARCH
2. TTG TOOLS

1. First extract content of "TTG TOOLS for Batman.rar" archive to some folder, let's assume that will be "C:\TTG Tools".
2. Now extract "ttarchext.zip" archive to same folder, and replace all files when you will be asked, this will update ttarchext to newest version.
3. Before you can use TTG Tools, you have to configure working paths for app. To do this open "C:\TTG Tools\config.xml" in notepad, and edit 2 entries: pathForInputFolder, pathForOutputFolder. Content of your file should look like this:
Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Settings xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" pathForInputFolder="C:\TTG Tools\input" pathForOutputFolder="C:\TTG Tools\Output" ASCII_N="1251" AdditionalChar="" deleteD3DTXafterImport="false" deleteDDSafterImport="false" importingOfName="true" sortSameString="true" exportRealID="false" unicodeMode="0" />

Ok, now everything is setup and we can start edit game files:
4. Open our extract folder "C:\TTG Tools", hold down shift key and right click on empty space in folder window, from context menu select "Open Command Window Here"
5. In new window(the black one;) enter following command:
Code:
ttarchext.exe -f "*_english.landb" 60 "G:\Batman Episode 1\archives\BM_pc_Batman101_data.ttarch2" "C:\TTG Tools\input"

ofc, you should replace "G:\Batman Episode 1\" with your custom game path. If everything goes well, you should see something like this at end:
- 17 files found
- done
, and then you can close command window.

In "C:\TTG Tools\input" folder you should see many files like "env_asylumconstructionsite_english.landb", "env_asylumconstructionsite_vickitrinary_english.landb" etc. This are localisation files you want to edit. Godxon1 posted nice tutorial how to do this, so i just quoting his words with small modifications:
Quote:
1) Start TTGtool, click yes, start "Auto(De)Packer
2) Choose: 58 Batman: Telltale Series
3) Click "Decrypt, Export"
4) Edit text files, that are in OUTPUT folder and copy them to INPUT folder
5) Start TTGtool, click yes, start "Auto(De)Packer
6) Choose: 58 Batman: Telltale Series
7) Click "Encrypt, Pack, Import"
8 ) *.landb files, that are in OUPUT folder move to game directory/archives and you have translated game! :D

for example, text for first mission of episode 1 are placed in env_mayorsoffice_english, you can start there;). Good luck.