It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 4:27 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: [PSX] Parasite Eve 2 create script dump texts
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:53 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 2 times

You can make the ads go away by registering

Friends okay with you.
First of all want to leave here my best wishes for merry christmas and a great new year for all forum.
Could anyone help me in this game until today I did not find anything that would be of help to translate this game, many are trying but not tivem success.
Someone would or could create a script to dump / insert texts This Game?

Post subject: Re: [PSX] Parasite Eve 2 create script dump texts
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 11:35 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello there. A little info here to help You. Game has three types of text: the first will be GUI items (main menu, player menu, inventory, etc) which are images (well, packed images); the second - items descriptions, which are just plain ASCII text with some mark-up symbols; and the last - dialog text, which is basically a binary data with character width table to use with font image followed by encoded text. The encoding varies from one file to another, and depends on font image.

Fonts are stored, if I recall it correctly, as a 4bpp indexed compressed images, CLUTs for them are stored separately.

I linked a program I wrote a while ago, that is capable to extract/unpack most of the data (excluding raw sounds and background FMV movies) from *.CDF files. Just drop any of the CDFs on it. The dialog text is in files with extension "*.04", the actual width table and text in them start somewhere after "CAP2" ascii string.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Post subject: Re: [PSX] Parasite Eve 2 create script dump texts
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 4:47 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
mdhyena wrote:
Hello there. A little info here to help You. Game has three types of text: the first will be GUI items (main menu, player menu, inventory, etc) which are images (well, packed images); the second - items descriptions, which are just plain ASCII text with some mark-up symbols; and the last - dialog text, which is basically a binary data with character width table to use with font image followed by encoded text. The encoding varies from one file to another, and depends on font image.

Fonts are stored, if I recall it correctly, as a 4bpp indexed compressed images, CLUTs for them are stored separately.

I linked a program I wrote a while ago, that is capable to extract/unpack most of the data (excluding raw sounds and background FMV movies) from *.CDF files. Just drop any of the CDFs on it. The dialog text is in files with extension "*.04", the actual width table and text in them start somewhere after "CAP2" ascii string.

How to import files? Please help me? :roll: