XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:33 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2014 4:32 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sat May 28, 2011 8:29 pm
Posts: 35
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Hi there,

does anyone know about any tools for extracting text from this game? There are arhive files called "resources" which should contain all ingame text.

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 9:02 am 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:13 pm
Posts: 93
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 3 times
phill05 wrote:
Hi there,

does anyone know about any tools for extracting text from this game? There are arhive files called "resources" which should contain all ingame text.


There is no bms script yet. Waiting for someone who can afford it. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=11509


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 10:57 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 am
Posts: 72
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 27 times
script for .resources
Code:
open FDDE index 0
open FDDE resources 1
comtype unzip_dynamic

endian big
goto 0x24
get files long
get unk long
math TMP = files
math TMP - 1
for i = 0 < files
endian little
get FNsize1 long
getdstring FN1 FNsize1
get FNsize2 long
getdstring FN2 FNsize2
get namesize long
getdstring name namesize
endian big
get offset long
get size long
get zsize long
get unksize long
math unksize * 0x18
math unksize + 5
getdstring unkdata unksize

if size = zsize
log name offset size 1
else
clog name offset zsize size 1
endif
if i != TMP
get filenumber long
endif
next i


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 4:16 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 am
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Thief1987 - many thanks...

Please, can you write script for .streamed files?
It looks there is text for transalation...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 6:45 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:13 pm
Posts: 93
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 3 times
folkemon1977 wrote:
Thief1987 - many thanks...

Please, can you write script for .streamed files?
It looks there is text for transalation...


No. I think .streamed file contaings audio files. Look at chunk0.resources.

In the chunk0\generated\textures\borderclamp_alpha_fonts\arial_black folder,
there are 64_df.bimage.

Image

And the main story script is at chunk0\strings Folder.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:31 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 am
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 1 time
albert1905: Many thanks.... please, what program are using for open font files?

And is there some way how put edited files back to .resource file?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 5:46 am 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 1:13 pm
Posts: 93
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 3 times
folkemon1977 wrote:
albert1905: Many thanks.... please, what program are using for open font files?

And is there some way how put edited files back to .resource file?


I used Photoshop CS5. Open it as raw file.
Image

<Unpack>

First, make a new foleder in quickbms folder. Name it chunk0_unpacked.
Second, double click quickbms.exe and select bms script.
Third, select both chunk0.index, chunk0.resources files.
Fourth, unpack it in the chunk0_unpacked folder.

When you unpack the .resource file, be sure to use option 'r' in order to rename duplicated files.
Image
Type 'r' and enter.
After unpack and when you edit it, you should edit both english.lang and english_00000001.lang.
Image

<Reimport>
To put it back, try to use reimport.bat. You can find it quickbms folder.

First, select bms script.
Second, select Original file. For example, chunk0.resources.
Third, select unpacked folder. For example, chunk0_unpacked.
Fourth, copy chunk0.resources and paste it to Wolfenstein The New Order\base folder.

<result>
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 2:58 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:44 pm
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
albert1905 wrote:
folkemon1977 wrote:
albert1905: Many thanks.... please, what program are using for open font files?

And is there some way how put edited files back to .resource file?


I used Photoshop CS5. Open it as raw file.
Image

<Unpack>

First, make a new foleder in quickbms folder. Name it chunk0_unpacked.
Second, double click quickbms.exe and select bms script.
Third, select both chunk0.index, chunk0.resources files.
Fourth, unpack it in the chunk0_unpacked folder.

When you unpack the .resource file, be sure to use option 'r' in order to rename duplicated files.
Image
Type 'r' and enter.
After unpack and when you edit it, you should edit both english.lang and english_00000001.lang.
Image

<Reimport>
To put it back, try to use reimport.bat. You can find it quickbms folder.

First, select bms script.
Second, select Original file. For example, chunk0.resources.
Third, select unpacked folder. For example, chunk0_unpacked.
Fourth, copy chunk0.resources and paste it to Wolfenstein The New Order\base folder.

<result>
Image




reimport problem :(

First, select bms script.
Second, select Original file. For example, chunk0.resources.
Third, select unpacked folder. For example, chunk0_unpacked.
Fourth, copy chunk0.resources and paste it to Wolfenstein The New Order\base folder.


reimport.bat open..

select chunk0.resources

select chunk0_unpacked.. but not selected.. folder opens?

Where is the error I'm doing?

sorry for my bad english

ich bin deutsche


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 4:28 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:57 am
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Lib87:

First, select bms script - use same script as for unpack

Second, select Original file - find this original file: chunk0.resources.

Third, select unpacked folder - go into the folder with this name = chunk0_unpacked a click on path in window (see screen) and click on button below. In this folder you must have only folder strings and inside file english.lang (nothing more).
Image

You must received following message from BMS:
Image


But there is a problem. Your translated file must be same or smaller as original file recources.

Hope it helps.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 6:15 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:44 pm
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
folkemon1977 wrote:
Lib87:

First, select bms script - use same script as for unpack

Second, select Original file - find this original file: chunk0.resources.

Third, select unpacked folder - go into the folder with this name = chunk0_unpacked a click on path in window (see screen) and click on button below. In this folder you must have only folder strings and inside file english.lang (nothing more).
Image

You must received following message from BMS:
Image


But there is a problem. Your translated file must be same or smaller as original file recources.

Hope it helps.



Vielen dank! It's working... Thank you very much indeed!

Und for pm It is very kind of you.. :up:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 8:00 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm
Posts: 63
Has thanked: 6 times
Have thanks: 16 times
Thanks for useful infos but how about this file?
\fonts\arial_black\64_df.dat.
Image
Second thing is that texts can be imported manually in HEX editor, texts in chunk0.resources aren't compressed.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:51 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:23 pm
Posts: 3
Location: Turkey
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 0 time
thanks for code


Last edited by nurullah390 on Sat May 24, 2014 11:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:12 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:11 am
Posts: 72
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 27 times
GRiNDERKILLER wrote:
Thanks for useful infos but how about this file?
\fonts\arial_black\64_df.dat.


I don't fully research format, need test, but i don't have game. This is what i know about it:
0x0A - 2 bytes in BE number of glyphs
from offset 0x0C start description of each glyph on font textures, each glyph described by 12 bytes
Image

1 byte - width
1 byte - height
4 bytes - unknown(need test, maybe yadvance, yoffset, xadvance, xoffset)
2 bytes - x (little endian)
2 bytes - y (little endian)
2 bytes - unknown

After glyph table, going symbols id 4 bytes for each, and then kerning pairs, i think.


Last edited by Thief1987 on Sat May 24, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:34 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Thu Jul 12, 2012 12:24 pm
Posts: 63
Has thanked: 6 times
Have thanks: 16 times
Thanks Thief1987 for your quick research. Just keep going in peace. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Wolfenstein: The New Order (PC)
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 11:48 pm 
Offline
Moderator

Joined: Sun Mar 27, 2011 8:42 pm
Posts: 935
Has thanked: 10 times
Have thanks: 120 times
Here is complete template for index file :

Code:
//--------------------------------------
//--- 010 Editor v4.0.3 Binary Template
//
// File:
// Author: michalss
// Revision:
// Purpose:
//--------------------------------------
BigEndian();

local int i,charC,isIt;
local string text;
local int offsetF,sizeC,sizeU,zaloha;

FSeek(36);
int files;

for (i=0;i<files;i++) {
    LittleEndian();
 
         struct Files {
           struct FileNames {
            int FileNum; '<hidden=true>';
            int charCount;
            char textentry0[charCount];
            int charCount1;
            char textentry1[charCount1];
            text=textentry1;
            int charCount2;
            if (charCount2!=0) char textdata1[charCount2];

            BigEndian();

            int offset;
            offsetF=offset;
            int fsize;
            sizeU=fsize;
            int csize;
            sizeC=csize;
            int extra; //some junk
            byte unkJunk[5];
           
           if (extra!=0)  char dummms[extra*24];
   
          } FILENAMES;

        } FILES;

}


With this you can simple found out data like offset of lang or fonts, if reimport failed for qbms, you can replace any other lang file with bigger size and simple change offset/size or add to end of the archive :) Simple as that and no repack is needed...


_________________
Quick BMS Editor GUI - simple easy to use
Goto : viewtopic.php?uid=34229&f=29&t=6797&start=0

Downloads from DropBox : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group