XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Tue May 30, 2017 10:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cryengine Export tool (cgf-exporter)
PostPosted: Fri Dec 11, 2015 2:30 pm 
advanced

Have thanks: 27 times

freakshow wrote:
most are encrypted zip, such as this from the russian moba Panzar : https://mega.nz/#!nIIHlZLA!oa953W57WUmj ... btXhYOnzu0

Oh, then no. It doesn't do decryption.

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:21 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 164 times
freakshow wrote:
does this tool also unpack .pak files? or do i need other tools for that?

For RU-version I use tool from this post.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:45 pm 
advanced

The DDS unsplit tool provided by Cryengine isn't working on the new Star Citizen 2.0 dds files. I'll try to work on a replacement. It's a fairly simple format.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2015 4:02 am 
advanced

Ok, officially released 0.84. Thanks to Coffee, a lot of the transform issues have been fixed! It's not perfect, but getting really close.

It works for all Star Citizen files up to 1.3. Or should. It'll also kinda sorta work for Star Citizen 2.0 files if they don't use the .cga/.cgam pair files (most of the ships for example), but I'm working on solving this as well.

I'm also working on a DDS Unsplit utility for the Star Citizen game files, so the textures will be available again. Hopefully that will be done this weekend.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:25 am 
beginner

Have thanks: 5 times
This tool makes easy work of some of the models I put away until a tool like this came around and fixed them, great work!
One question, do you ever plan to support CHR files? WarFace uses CHR to hold bones (not really important), and to also hold the highest poly mesh for that model. Noesis and other tools are nice, but there aren't any that properly export to usable formats and flip the UV's properly. I can upload an example file if need be.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:12 am 
advanced

HunterAP wrote:
This tool makes easy work of some of the models I put away until a tool like this came around and fixed them, great work!
One question, do you ever plan to support CHR files? WarFace uses CHR to hold bones (not really important), and to also hold the highest poly mesh for that model. Noesis and other tools are nice, but there aren't any that properly export to usable formats and flip the UV's properly. I can upload an example file if need be.

Glad it's working out! Still a lot of stuff that needs tweaking, but I'm getting there.

And yes, it can currently read .chr files and bone information, but I need to work on the Collada exporter so that it can export that geometry. It can export the geometry part of the .chr file to .obj though.

Some sample files would be nice. I always like to test to make sure it works for other games!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:16 am 
beginner

Here are two CHR files that don't currently work with the program, I think it may be because there are a lot of bones which get turned into their own meshes (40-50 meshes just from bones).

Keep up the great work, loving the tool so far.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:19 pm 
advanced

HunterAP wrote:
Here are two CHR files

Err... did you forget to add the link? :)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:11 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 31 times
Hello! What news about SC 2.0 cga/cgam pair?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:10 pm 
beginner

Markemp wrote:
HunterAP wrote:
Here are two CHR files

Err... did you forget to add the link? :)

Whoops, I could've sworn I added the file.
Regardless, here they are.
http://www.mediafire.com/download/3k0qup4dqq6dbzr/CHR.rar

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 4:17 am 
advanced

erik945 wrote:
Hello! What news about SC 2.0 cga/cgam pair?

Ran into a new issue. I assumed that the 3rd word in the Node chunk pointed to the parent, and as a general rule this is true. And if the word was 0xFFFFFFFF that it indicated the root node (i.e. no parent to it), but now with the Star Citizen 2.0+ files, I'm finding multiple Node Chunks with this as the parent.

This is both good and bad. Good in that it may explain why there were still some objects that weren't in the right position, but bad in that now I have to figure out wtf is going on. I think in the long run this is going to be good though. Every bug like this gets me closer to the true logic of how objects are placed, so... just need some more time.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 6:46 am 
beginner

I also wanted to ask, do you ever plan on working the animation (dba) files? Both Evolve and Warface use them, and any attempts I've had with figuring out what to do with them has done nothing.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2015 1:13 pm 
advanced

HunterAP wrote:
I also wanted to ask, do you ever plan on working the animation (dba) files? Both Evolve and Warface use them, and any attempts I've had with figuring out what to do with them has done nothing.

Yes, I plan on getting the .caf files (assuming .dba is similar in layout, but need to check) imported as well. I need to be able to export to something other than .obj (which doesn't support animation), and am working on a Collada exporter for this purpose.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 5:50 pm 
advanced

Holy fook this is starting to get complicated for the .cga/.cgam pairs, although I've figured out the rest of the geometry issues. I just don't know how to solve it right now.

There are node chunks for _dummy objects in the .cga files. There is no equivalent to that in the .cgam file, but when you run into an object that has no parent identified, it is actually using the transform from the dummy file. So now I'm trying to figure out how to get that transform while processing the .cgam file. The only real link between the two is the name though. I might have to build the structure based off the .cga file, then go to the .cgam file to grab the actual mesh information.

And I must have been skipping the dummy nodes previously, since this really should finish off the missing geometry issues. I'll keep working at it though.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 4:28 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Hello, while trying to convert an Armored Warfare tank from .cgf to .obj it gives me a rectangular shape... is it possible I am using it wrongly? I drag and drop the cryengine file into the executable since I didn't understand how to use the parameters...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next