XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Cryengine Export tool (cgf-exporter)
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2016 2:08 am 
beginner

Have thanks: 5 times

You can make the ads go away by registering

No rush, mate. I understand completely how it feels to be bogged down with work and life-related things.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 11:42 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 174 times
Latest available version doesn't convert materials from Armored Warfare, produces empty ones, with only header inside:
Code:
# cgf-converter .mtl export version 0.85.5973.19501
#

Previous version I have works ok:
Code:
# cgf-converter .mtl export version 0.85.5896.37400
#
newmtl Hull
... (cut)

Also newer version makes names without "_out" at the end - may overwrite something.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 1:33 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 31 times
Try exporting to Collada format. -dae or -collada. Let me know if that doesn't work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:33 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 174 times
It's fails:
Code:
r:\!_AW\objects\vehicles\mbt\challenger1>"cgf-converter084(5).exe" challenger1--challenger1.cga -dae -objectdir "R:\!_AW"
Input file set to challenger1--challenger1.cga
Output format set to COLLADA (.dae)
Data directory set to R:\!_AW
Conflict in chunk definition
2F30+8C
62D348+8C
tmpmeshsubset ID is 33F

********************************************************************************
There was an error rendering r:\!_AW\objects\vehicles\mbt\challenger1\challenger1--challenger1.cga

Индекс находился вне границ массива. (translation: index out of massive range)

в CgfConverter.COLLADA.WriteLibrary_Geometries()
   в CgfConverter.COLLADA.Render(String outputDir, Boolean preservePath)
   в CgfConverter.Program.Main(String[] args)
********************************************************************************

Older version is better, but fails too (log attached).

PS: challenger1_turret_challenger1.cgf successfully converted with older version, latests fails again:
Code:
r:\!_AW\objects\vehicles\mbt\challenger1>"cgf-converter084(5).exe" challenger1_turret_challenger1.cgf -dae -objectdir "R:\!_AW"
Input file set to challenger1_turret_challenger1.cgf
Output format set to COLLADA (.dae)
Data directory set to R:\!_AW
540+48
12ED80+48
588+48
13FD30+48
5D0+48
166E28+48
618+48
22F830+48
tmpmeshsubset ID is 54

There was an error rendering r:\!_AW\objects\vehicles\mbt\challenger1\challenger1_turret_challenger1.cgf

Индекс находился вне границ массива.

в CgfConverter.COLLADA.WriteLibrary_Geometries()
   в CgfConverter.COLLADA.Render(String outputDir, Boolean preservePath)
   в CgfConverter.Program.Main(String[] args)

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:31 am 
veteran

Shit... ok. I won't be able to look at it for a couple of weeks. :( Going on vacation. I might try to grab a model and poke around on my laptop, but can't promise anything.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:17 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Does anyone have the most recent copy of this? That download link on the OP is 404'd, and I was really hoping to pull a couple .skinm props out of Prey (2017) to start some 3D printing projects.

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:21 am 
veteran

windswept wrote:
Does anyone have the most recent copy of this? That download link on the OP is 404'd, and I was really hoping to pull a couple .skinm props out of Prey (2017) to start some 3D printing projects.

Sorry, Dropbox decided to make all public links not so public. I copied it over to a new link (in OP; also here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ahz_oM1_DqLRg599XP70BngTGbxUUw).

I'll be working on an updated version once Star Citizen 3.0 comes out, complete with FBX exporter and armatures/animations. Will take a while, but... yeah!

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 2:36 am 
ultra-n00b

Thanks a ton, that worked like a damn charm.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:33 am 
ultra-n00b

Hey all!

So as per usual I'm late getting to the party (about 2 years late apparently).

I want to convert MWO files into 3D printable objects but am having one HELL of a time converting the .cgf files to .obj. I tried using the Noesis method as described in the MWO forums but can't seem to get a hold of the cryengine_cgf.dll plugin file. In my search for info I came across this post and thought it might be a viable option.

I'm new to this whole process so I don't know much about it but I guess my questions for the sake of this thread are:

1. Is this tool still relevant?
2. How do I download it?
3 How do I use it?

I'm not too familiar with powershell or scripting so if someone could give me a quick rundown on the process it'd be much appreciated!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2017 1:46 pm 
veteran

Firedrake2k wrote:
I want to convert MWO files into 3D printable objects but am having one HELL of a time converting the .cgf files to .obj. I tried using the Noesis method as described in the MWO forums but can't seem to get a hold of the cryengine_cgf.dll plugin file. In my search for info I came across this post and thought it might be a viable option.

I'm new to this whole process so I don't know much about it but I guess my questions for the sake of this thread are:

1. Is this tool still relevant?
2. How do I download it?
3 How do I use it?

I'm not too familiar with powershell or scripting so if someone could give me a quick rundown on the process it'd be much appreciated!

Yup, the cgf-converter tool still works great for the MWO models. I wrote that post on the MWO forums, so feel free to ask me any questions either here or there.

https://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/85411 ... gis-mechs/

The Youtube tutorial videos have a lot of info on how to import the mech. To convert the files in the cgf-converter program, it's probably easiest to just click and drag the cgf/cga files you want to convert onto cgf-converter.exe in the file explorer, but a more controlled way from the powershell prompt is to do:

foreach ($file in (get-childitem -recurse *.cg*)) { cgf-converter.exe $file }

This assumes you're in the directory with all the cga/cgf files you want to convert (like Objects\Mechs\Catapult\body) and that you added the directory that cgf-converter is in to the path. Highly recommend you add it to the path, along with the mech-importer.ps1 powershell script. Just makes everything easier.

Feel free to ask me any questions. I haven't done any printing so can't help on that side, but can help get the models into Blender for you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:58 am 
ultra-n00b

hmm... ok I tried adding the cgf-converter.exe to the Path in Environment Variables and I keep getting this-

cgf-converter.exe : The term 'cgf-converter.exe' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or
operable program. Check the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try
again.
At line:1 char:53
+ ... ($file in (get-childitem -recurse *.cg*)) { cgf-converter.exe $file }
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
+ CategoryInfo : ObjectNotFound: (cgf-converter.exe:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
+ FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

What am I doing wrong?

Also what is the mech-importer.ps1 script?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2017 2:34 pm 
veteran

You need to start up a new Powershell session to get it to update the path. The existing shells won't have the updated path, as it's not dynamically refreshed.

Mech-importer is a powershell script that takes a cdf file (like catapult.cdf) in the root of the particular mech's directory, and creates a python import script so all the parts can be put into Blender with the right orientation/location. A mech is made up of dozens of separate components, and those components need to be told where they are relative to each other. That's what the .cdf file has, and mech-importer just automates that process.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 8:14 am 
ultra-n00b

Wow this is all a bit over my head... Sorry for being a pain but as I said this is all new to me...

On a positive note, I did have some success with the drag and drop method you mentioned. I am at least able to view the .obj files in 123D. Unfortunately they import as meshes which don't allow me to modify them. But at least its a start. I will continue to watch your videos on blender and research on my own to see if i can figure out how to turn the meshes into solids and edit them into something I can print. In the mean time if you have any suggestions I appreciate all your help and if I have any more questions I'll be sure to check back on here or the MWO forums to ask.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:10 pm 
veteran

You'll need a program that can modify meshes, such as Blender (free) or Max 3D. Both these programs can handle .obj files and lets you modify them as much as you want. I'm not sure what the process is for solidifying a mesh, but... all game models will be meshes and need a bit of work to make them printable.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:27 pm 
ultra-n00b

I am trying to convert the cgf files that are from Star Citizen. When I use the program everything looks like it works fine but when I import into Blender, everything is crazy.

I will submit what I can, please let me know what I can do to help.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 79 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next