It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:46 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Final Fantasy 8-9 Walkmeshes and Camera extractors [Paid]
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:44 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Have thanks: 22 times

Hi Guys,

I'm unsure if this is the best place to ask this, so if this isn't suitable, please let me know.

Several months ago, myself and a programmer researched into the formats for FF8 in order to export the walkmeshes from the game along with the cameras, so it'd be possible to recreate environments in 3D at a higher resolution.

Unfortunately the programmer is no longer able to continue the project, and one or two small issues still remain.

There are 2 things I'm willing to pay a little to get fixed/added.

In regards to FF8, the viewer for the walkmesh and background image works correctly until export, where both objects are exported as different files, and then when imported into any 3D Software, don't line up correctly at all, like intended.

FF9 support for the same things, in the case of FF9 the file formats are a little more complicated.
I've added code and information that can help in a text file for anyone interested.

The zip file I'll share will contain FF9 file formats, reconstructed backgrounds for camera accuracy, camera files, walkmesh files, and source code for the ff8 viewer, along with a number of examples to test with.

Once again if this is the wrong place please let me know.

If anyone is interested please reply to this thread and I'll PM you to discuss, or if mrmouse would prefer that things be as public as possible, I'm happy to do that too, I don't want anyone to worry about their time being wasted.
I fully intend to release this to the public eventually, I just wanted to share it along with a few remade scenes first, thought that'd be nicer.

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy 8-9 Walkmeshes and Camera extractors [Paid
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 1:12 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

I forgot to add that, if someone doesn't want to use the tool that exists and edit it, and would prefer to create something from scratch, I'd be more than happy with that.

I'm open to discussion.

Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy 8-9 Walkmeshes and Camera extractors [Paid
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 5:41 am 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Last update here, I don't want to create a topic of nothing but self posts.

I'm surprised nobody seems to be interested in this, it may be just the subject matter itself, but if its details or anything else, I'd be happy to answer any questions.

I've been a regular member of Xentax for 12 years now, helping out wherever possible, so I don't think it'd be arrogant to say that I'm at least a trusted posted/member of the site.

Once again I'm more than happy to share anything anyone wants to or needs to know, and the developer will get full credit for the tools creation.