XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Apr 24, 2017 10:20 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: Beyond: Two Souls - Reversing | Porting (THAT'S ALL FOLK
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:07 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 0 time

HugoPeters wrote:
ngovandang wrote:
Hello, anyone can share to me Jodie Holmes model? :P

No.

Why? T.T)

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 11:05 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 14 times
ngovandang wrote:
HugoPeters wrote:
ngovandang wrote:
Hello, anyone can share to me Jodie Holmes model? :P

No.

Why? T.T)

If you want it rip it yourself, this forum doesn't rip models and share them with eachother, its against forum rules to share content we do not own, especially if we've no idea if the requesting party owns them. Its simply copyright law, don't share.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 11:03 am 
beginner

Have thanks: 3 times
Kinda confused so does this mean the port still can happen. i heard PS4 port is coming and after that then said they wouldn't care after they get their profit.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2015 11:09 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 1 time
Pretty bummed about all this great work not going to be released. Noticed it seems impossible to even get older versions. I really like QuanticDreams but wish they were a bit more accepting of fan creations. Back to the drawing board I guess :/

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:25 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 164 times
patloonytoon wrote:
Pretty bummed about all this great work not going to be released. Noticed it seems impossible to even get older versions. I really like QuanticDreams but wish they were a bit more accepting of fan creations. Back to the drawing board I guess :/

To be fair, I took down most of what I released online voluntarily, Quantic Dream never forced me to anything, they only asked me to stop working on it. I removed the content because I wanted to sustain a healthy relation with QD.

"I'm going to throw my shit at you" —The Great Mighty Poo
_______________________>> check my incomplete portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on
_______________________>> or my twitter
_______________________>> or my game dev FB page

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 1:29 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 4 times
HugoPeters wrote:
cause I wanted to sustain a healthy relation with QD.
Implying there's a relation with QD atm? :ninja:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 11:45 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 7 times
qd only cares about keeping their ip safe and secure. if it was possible to do it through diplomacy and implied future support(aka lies), then even better.

don't expect them to give fuck all to the pc community. beyond two souls will never see the light of existence on the pc platform.

and you delete loads of hard work for nothing.

ps whoever notified qd, shame on you for dashing this poor boy's dreams and efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:24 am 
veteran

odrin wrote:
qd only cares about keeping their ip safe and secure. if it was possible to do it through diplomacy and implied future support(aka lies), then even better.

don't expect them to give fuck all to the pc community. beyond two souls will never see the light of existence on the pc platform.

and you delete loads of hard work for nothing.

ps whoever notified qd, shame on you for dashing this poor boy's dreams and efforts.

No worries or hate towards QD... I'm still in contact with them, and have at least got an internship once I reach that point in my bachelor, and possibly a job after that!
And I bet they would "give a fuck" about the PC community if Sony wasn't paying them good money to keep the games exclusive to their platform :wink:
[Edit] Btw, QD was notified from within the company. Someone inside found this thread, then linked it through to the Co-CEO, who contacted me.

_______________________>> check my incomplete portfolio I wish the [center] bbcode was turned on

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 10:09 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 4 times
HugoPeters wrote:
And I bet they would "give a fuck" about the PC community if Sony wasn't paying them good money to keep the games exclusive to their platform :wink:
To be honest, the official rationale is that «Sony provides so much creative freedom that the studio isn’t even thinking of partnering with anyone else»
and that «[they] wouldn’t be working with Sony as a publisher [by going multi-platform]».

Which technically can either simply imply Sony is not going to publish on other platforms (in which case QD is free to use, let's say their GOG and Steam accounts)
or that they are the evil and oblige the lock down to the single platform.

And for as odd as it sounds, it's not like there ain't already lots of games sponsored by Sony with "console exclusive" tagline.
So imo, this is a pretty big unknown

They also say that «sticking with PlayStation allows the team to focus on one platform and get the best out of it» and that's imo the most possibly concrete argument, but I believe that your work somewhat question this assertion (and I mean.. kudos to their engine for this pretty high level abstraction).
... deep down I feel they already know these things, be it PC hardware or modding capabilities. Hopefully with time there'll be more people recognizing this ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

HugoPeters wrote:
[Edit] Btw, QD was notified from within the company. Someone inside found this thread, then linked it through to the Co-CEO, who contacted me.
I feel like having shared this on reddit and PCSX2 boards may have helped just a little bit to raise attentions :erm:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 25, 2015 7:42 am 
n00b

The ps4 remastered is released today, we have 2 option from the start: play original way or chronicle order. It seem the work of your made them to do that.
:wink: sorry my bad english

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 12:12 pm 
ultra-n00b

Please release model/texture extractor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:04 pm 
ultra-n00b

HugoPeters wrote:
patloonytoon wrote:

To be fair, I took down most of what I released online voluntarily, Quantic Dream never forced me to anything, they only asked me to stop working on it. I removed the content because I wanted to sustain a healthy relation with QD.

So let me get this straight - You just scrapped every progress made so far, for a pat on the back and non-existent, one-way relation with QD? Wow, good job there, son. :roll:

I know C# but not much about 3D, but maybe I can try do it myself. Open sourced. At least it's worth trying. If somebody have older versions stored somewhere on their drives so I could pick them up and do faster research, please PM me. [roll]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:31 pm 
veteran

U+0300l wrote:
HugoPeters wrote:
patloonytoon wrote:

So let me get this straight - You just scrapped every progress made so far, for a pat on the back and non-existent, one-way relation with QD? Wow, good job there, son. :roll:

I know C# but not much about 3D, but maybe I can try do it myself. Open sourced. At least it's worth trying. If somebody have older versions stored somewhere on their drives so I could pick them up and do faster research, please PM me. [roll]

"Non-existent, one-way relation with QD", meanwhile I'm having technical discussions with them and my internship is set.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:15 pm 
ultra-n00b

HugoPeters wrote:
meanwhile I'm having technical discussions with them and my internship is set.

That may or may not be true. They could hire you after your internship ends, not hire you at all, or fire after a month. I don't really care.

I guess all of this was your work so you had the full right to remove it. That doesn't change the fact that it was a selfish move, and now this project is fully dead. You could just leave it somewhere, remove all your references to it (like email/credits) and somebody else would happily pick it up where it ended. Especially when QD didn't even wanted you to remove it.
Just look at your signature. What's the point in advertising something/getting donations for it and then simply canceling it? There, I said it. I'm just pissed how it all went down.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 5:40 pm 
veteran

U+0300l wrote:
HugoPeters wrote:
meanwhile I'm having technical discussions with them and my internship is set.

That may or may not be true. They could hire you after your internship ends, fire you after a month. I don't really care.

I guess all of this was your work so you had the full right to remove it. That doesn't change the fact that it was selfish, and now this project is fully dead. You could just leave it somewhere, remove all your references to it (like name/redits) and somebody else would happily pick it up where it ended. Especially when QD didn't even wanted you to remove it. Just look at your signature. What's the point in advertising something and then simply canceling it? There, I said it. Best of luck in your new job. I'm just pissed how it all went down.

You know what is selfish? If QD asked me to stop porting and I kept the assets up.
You know what else is selfish? Venting to someone who decided to cancel their own project which means that you can't have it for your own benefit.

For the record, I haven't taken down the videos, which were the only things I released of the port in the first place lol, no one has the source or builds of it (except some people close to me, but those are deeply obfuscated and they wouldn't share them anyways).

Your anger and arrogance are quite misplaced here, I understand you might be disappointed that the project is off the table for now, but you completely seem to ignore my perspective, and since this was my own project that is the only thing that matters.

Also the banner in my signature I simply didn't bother to remove, I think it looks quite nice : )

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 236 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next