You can make the ads go away by registering
Download from Tools Blog
(Source code included)
This program allows you to extract cache files (.toc/.cache) from games using Digital Extremes' Evolution Engine. Just drag and drop a cache file on to the program and it will extract it into a subdirectory containing the file name. Make sure both .toc and .cache files are in the same folder. You can also specify where you want the files to be extracted using the /d switch.
Why use this instead of the Darkness II BMS? Because this keeps the proper directory structure and actually properly decompresses all the files. If you tried to extract the caches from any recent Evolution Engine games, the BMS script will produce junk.
Note: This extractor only works on version 20 caches. If you have a different version cache, send me a PM.
Other notes: 'H' caches contain file headers, 'B' caches contain the corresponding binary files (except for sounds, and maybe textures), and 'F' caches contain full sound files and textures. Also note that file extensions typically don't mean anything in these cache files. Those extensions are from before the files were cooked and compiled, so .fbx files are not in Autodesk FBX format, .wav files don't have WAVE headers, and .png files are not PNGs.
- Changed boilerplate console app text left over from app template (oops)
- Optimized LZ coder decoding (just a little bit, maybe)
- Writes file date from the TOC on to the extracted file
- Added some debugging workarounds (won't affect operation)
- Added cache version 16 to extractable versions (not fully tested; PM if you have any problems)
- Extractor can take filenames without the extension (e.g. "H.Font" instead of "H.Font.cache" or "H.Font.toc")
- Initial release