Post subject: Re: Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:46 pm 
VIP member
VIP member

Have thanks: 68 times

The Red Rooster wrote:
brienj wrote:
plodtrew wrote:
Cool, would be great to add older entrances.

One question, I am trying to change the names of in game characters. I am replacing the names with the exact same number of characters e.g. jtg - rvd. However when I make any changes to the save file, it gives me an error that the save file has been corrupted.

However, when I resign and use your save, it works perfectly. Do I need to rehash or resign my saves even though its on the same machine and same profile.

Saves, as well as all content on the HDD, are in a format called STFS. When you change one byte, it corrupts the whole file, there are a bunch of hashes that must be fixed and then you have to resign the file. Also, the game has it's own built in protection to prevent tampering. ;)

I have a custom program I made to change the save file, but it has some things in it that I don't want out, they could get me in legal problems, so no matter how much anyone asks, I won't give it out, sorry. If you want to change something, change it in the chEtc.pac file and you shouldn't have any problem, but you'll have to erase your old save, and it will make a new one for you.

When I try to change wrestler names in the chEtc.pac and then reburn, the disk always becomes unreadable, I assume this is because Im hex editing the compressed file but I am only replacing the characters in the names with other characters I am not adding any new letters so the name remains the same length.
Why does this not work? This is driving me insane (and Im wasting a lot of disks, any help would be greatly appreciated.

This is a problem with the DVD firmware, more than likely, if you mean that the Xbox 360 won't even read the disc. There is nothing you can do about that, you must get a JTAG system to hack games. DVD firmware just won't cut it to hack games. ;)

However, if I misunderstood what you said, and you mean that the game will not reflect any changes you made, then as per the PM you sent me, I assume you are using the same old save. However, the game won't read a new chEtc.pac after you've created a save file for your profile. This file is only read ONE time, and that is when it makes a new save. If I remember correctly, I even said this in the tutorial for that file. The only way to have the game read any changes you made, is to start the game without a profile, but this means you couldn't save the game, or you must delete your save before starting the game. If you did either of these, and the changes you did are still not reflected, that would mean that you did do something wrong, but it's doubtful you did. ;)

You can make the ads go away by registering

XHP Creations Facebook Page (no longer maintained)

Post subject: Re: Smackdown Vs. Raw 2010
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:11 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 1 time
Sorry I didnt explain that very clearly. Ok first I made changes to the chEtc.pac and just altered the attributes of the wrestlers, burned it and tested it with a new profile, that works fine all the changes I made are there.
Next I went through and replaced the names of the wrestlers with the names of the pacs I have swapped them with eg John Cena I replaced with HulkHogan (no spaces so the name is the same length) but when i burned the disk it wont boot into the game, the xbox says the disk is unreadable - try clean the disk etc.

Edit : Ok sorry disregard that, I just checked the iso and I have totally screwed it up, Ill fix it and then reburn and see how it goes. Cheers for your reply.

Edit : Ok I fixed the iso and reburned it and now I dont get the "disk is unreadable" message but the game causes the xbox to hang and just says loading in the bottom left corner but never loads. Has anyone had success editing the names in the chEtc.pac and got the game to work? If not I guess its not possible to do. So far Ive wasted about 4 DVDs attempting to do this and I cant be bothered wasting anymore unless what I am trying to do is actually possible.