XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Thu Jul 20, 2017 3:27 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: How would you go about doing this?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 8:43 pm 
Banned

Have thanks: 0 time

My old account, HellFire2345, was banned because I uploaded a file from the game Spyro the Dragon (this is against the rules, I know this now, sorry!). This was in the Compressed Files forum. How could you NOT post a file from a game if the whole point of that forum is to get inside game files? I read the rules and it says to post a link to the demo, but, well, it's Spyro the Dragon, a game for the Playstation which has no demo (unless you count Demo Disks, which aren't easily findable). My friend suggested the file cutter, but even after cutting the file, wouldn't it still be the same type of thing? It's still technically copyrighted, even after cutting it. So how would this work? or would I just have to go without ripping the files from it?

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: How would you go about doing this?
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:03 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 546 times
KuchiBoy wrote:
My old account, HellFire2345, was banned because I uploaded a file from the game Spyro the Dragon (this is against the rules, I know this now, sorry!). This was in the Compressed Files forum. How could you NOT post a file from a game if the whole point of that forum is to get inside game files? I read the rules and it says to post a link to the demo, but, well, it's Spyro the Dragon, a game for the Playstation which has no demo (unless you count Demo Disks, which aren't easily findable). My friend suggested the file cutter, but even after cutting the file, wouldn't it still be the same type of thing? It's still technically copyrighted, even after cutting it. So how would this work? or would I just have to go without ripping the files from it?

You should get this from the discussion thread that surrounds the new rules. Look it up. We say not to upload any copyrighted material or link to it publically. Whatever you do discuss with members privately is not our business nor our responsibility.

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:41 pm 
Banned

Have thanks: 0 time
Mr.Mouse wrote:
You should get this from the discussion thread that surrounds the new rules. Look it up. We say not to upload any copyrighted material or link to it publically. Whatever you do discuss with members privately is not our business nor our responsibility.

My point is, how can I get the file to other members for examination in a way that's not breaking the rules?

PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2012 10:55 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 546 times
I don't know. Whatever you discuss in private messages at the forum is beyond our control.