XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:46 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Trying to get a hold of God of War SFX...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 9:03 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

Hey, guys! You'll have to excuse my total ignorance on the matter but I've spent days searching for information on this subject and have gotten nowhere. So it's time to just ask and hope I get an answer I can understand.

What I'm after - the sound effects (grunts, weapon swings/impacts, monster noises) from God of War 1-2. I have 3 but no Bluray drive on the PC. There are other games I'd like to extract stuff from but let's stick with these two for now since I seem to be the closest to getting this down.

From what I understand, these two ps2 games are on dual-layer dvd's and windows can't view them. I've been able to locate two programs that supposedly have something to do with these files. One is specifically a GodofWar tool and the other is Munge-o-Matic. However, when I use both tools to access the .toc file in the dvd which I presume is a file list of some sort it gives me an error that it cannot find/use part2.pak (I can see only part1.pak).

Through process of elimination, I can only assume that this secondary file is hidden where I can't see it. I need to find it and get it to where these programs can access them and (hopefully) extract the sound files. I have no idea if these programs actually do that, but the information on this subject I've been finding seems to be largely related to making backup dvds and not actually ripping out sounds and converting them to a standard format like wav.

That's really all I know about this after so much time searching for information. I could find nothing on most of the other games I want SFX out of, and games like Battleforge seem to be a lost cause as the formats are so ludicrously encrypted that no one can crack them.

I hope someone here can shed a guiding light on how to get this show on the road.

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: Trying to get a hold of God of War SFX...
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2013 10:27 pm 
beginner

Better late than never, but this tool should be able to get the part2.pak for you in the off-chance you still care.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 10, 2013 3:41 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 551 times
Wulf wrote:
Better late than never, but this tool should be able to get the part2.pak for you in the off-chance you still care.

What tool?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:07 pm 
beginner

Huh, was my link removed or am I just dumb?

Either way, this link should explain what you need and how to do it:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/threads/reb ... ar.573055/

*checks that he did, in fact, post a link*