XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:01 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Post subject: Angry people
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:05 am 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 550 times

Just thought I'd might open an thread for any messages sent to us by disgruntled people.

Most of those have this effect: [bruce]

Here's one we got today from someone named A. Stones:

Quote:
First off I want to say, How dare you people charge for registration to a forum. you are scamming people out of their hard earned money, it is criminal that you are forcing people to donate so they can post or download attachments,
Also removing outside links from posts because it gives people a way of avoiding your begging for money ? SHAME on all of you ... this site will NEVER get any money from me or any of my friends, I have black listed this site as nothing more than a huge scam and will make sure as many people as possible know about this scam.

Every sentence in that letter has WRONG written all over it.

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: Angry people
PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:21 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 12 times
My reaction to it, mostly:

On another note, I'm not sure if that sob is serious (albeit oblivious) or just plain trolling. :bleh:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:32 am 
Site Admin

Here's another, be it more civilized letter:

Quote:
Hello - I am posting this to ask if I can get an account on Xentax. I want an account simply to contribute to the research done on GTA V (for the Xbox specifically), but cannot due to the fact that I cannot register an account without donating.
I can assure you that I will not pay for an account to contribute to a forum that shows great interest in open game modifications and research. The thread I am specifically refering to is this one, and I find it quite ridiculous that many are complaining about software developers releasing only screenshots of GTA V modification programs, but at the same time - you guys are charging to contribute to the free and open research of GTA.
Now, don't take this the wrong way, I just said what I think is true. I understand that you guys have bills to meet, and I'm sure that's why you are charging to register an account. I am just hinting you on to reconsider, with the fact in mind - contributing to a thread that believes in free, open source research should additionally be free, and charging to help your forum just seems crazy. Free, open source, and public research is the best - and this problem seems to be reducing the amount of information available to the public (because I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd like to contribute and help).
Again, don't take this the wrong way - I'm just suggesting here. If I didn't care, I wouldn't have taken the time to write this email. I am just concerned because the thread has great information (the best anywhere on the web), but I cannot contribute.

And my reply:
Quote:
Your points are understood. Still, this forum has been around for 10 years, and only this year we had to start asking for donations, since Google Ads and Google continously start to protest at our content, primed so by disgruntled users. We had to find other means to keep it up. Also, it's nothing like a subscription, as it is one time only, for a life time of access. Additionally, the 5 euro donation is the lowest possible. If you can get into the forum for 1 year or more, based on your own interest, there after, you can calculate the actual cost per month (40 cents, for two years 20 cents, for three years 10 cents etc.). You cannot call that having to pay any substantial amount that warrants your purist (and archaic, if I may add) stand on "open information". Besides, the forum text is completely open for anyone to read. An added benefit of this method of forum entry is that spammers and fools are not registering, it keeps the forum clean of people that just want a quick-fix, and brings in the more serious users. Nevertheless, if anyone can show us that they mean well and have stuff to offer to contribute and promote our community via one or the other, they get registration without having to donate a single buck. We've added people this way in the past, so there.:) Anything is possible.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 9:40 am 
Site Admin

A flamer that posted this on our Facebook page a year ago. :bye:

Quote:
ALPHA 23 AROGANT PERSON ON XENTAX
HEY ALPHA:HACKING THE GAME DONT MAKE YOU A GOD OR A APRECIATED PERSON IF YOU HAVE NO RESPECT FOR ALL PEOPLE IN THE WORLD.
REALY FOR ME YOU ARE A FAGET.
IF YOU BELIEVE MY BANNED IP FROM FFSHRINE KEEP ME AWAY FROM TELL THE TRUTH ABOUT YOU,YOU CHEAT YOURSELF LIKE CRETINS!!
YOU CANT ESCAPE FROM REALITY.I THINK YOUR LIFE IS SO FUCKED.
ALL KNOW YOU ARE RETARD.ALL AND YOU KNOW THIS ....
IF I WANTED I CAN RUINED YOUR THREAD AND YOUR FUCKING LIFE BUT I GIVE A SHIT FOR YOUR PERSON.
I CAN USE SECURITY KISS TUNNEL FOR HIDE MY IP AND I CAN MAKE BILLIONS ACCOUNTS ON FFSHRINE JUST FOR FUCK YOUR STUPID LIFE(A BORING UNDERGROUND LIFE).ALREADY FUCKED LIFE.
I HAVE MERCY FOR RETARDS LIKE YOU.YOU KNOW WHY?BECAUSE YOU ARE BORNED FROM HITLER.ALL THANK YOU WHEN YOU RIP SOME GAME BECAUSE ALL USE YOU.ALL LOVE YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE USEFUL ONLY FOR RIP GAMES.I THINK THIS IS THE ONLY YOUR ABILITY PFFT...
KEEP THIS WORDS EXACTLY FOR WHEN YOU WANNA BE HAPPY....

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:37 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 2 times
i used to be a part of the angry mob once.and now my frnds r angry(jealous of) with me seeing that i have an account here. :p (amateurs.....)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 4:46 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 178 times
so much hate :oops:

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 8:41 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 47 times
Here's one I found while searching for how far my Gameloft GLA extractor has spread. I guess the problem is people from outside XeNTaX are usually more interested in leeching the tools rather than contributing back. I signed up before the forums started requesting donation to register, but I made it up by getting a copy of MultiEx Commander.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 13, 2013 9:08 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, I remember that silly person. :vomit:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:07 pm 
Site Admin

Today at our Facebook page:

Daniel Duroy wrote:
The most horrible forum and admin on the internet which has locked tons of invaluable decompiling softwares for money.

I really hope the forum will die soon so you won't make money with softwares you have nothing to do with.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 4:16 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 0 time
Why not go to sponsor adds instead of kinda forcing donations?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 5:20 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
I didn't really mind donating to get in, but I will admit: I was a bit tithed when I had to wait until my account was activated to actually log in. Are there really still spammers or other malicious users actually paying money to try to register?!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:45 pm 
Site Admin

nmn wrote:
I didn't really mind donating to get in, but I will admit: I was a bit tithed when I had to wait until my account was activated to actually log in. Are there really still spammers or other malicious users actually paying money to try to register?!

No. It keeps them out. That's one of the points.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 30, 2013 5:16 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 64 times
It's leechers like these that annoy me the most, Everyone here that has made extraction tools have posted it on this forum as attachements for a reason, if they wanted their tools to be available off site then they would. So anyone claiming they have the right to download tools that other people have made without contributing in any way is pretty upsetting. They're the type of people that would download scripts and not even leave a 'thanks' message.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:28 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 2 times
JayK wrote:
It's leechers like these that annoy me the most, Everyone here that has made extraction tools have posted it on this forum as attachements for a reason, if they wanted their tools to be available off site then they would. So anyone claiming they have the right to download tools that other people have made without contributing in any way is pretty upsetting. They're the type of people that would download scripts and not even leave a 'thanks' message.

Right upto the point.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2014 12:58 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 17 times
My only real problem is seeing ads appearing inside people's posts now. It looks like it's the beginning part of their post itself. I'm not sure when this actually started, or if it's even directly related, but I noticed it at the same time I noticed that this change was introduced.