XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 2:55 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: FTL Advanced Edition Packer/Unpacker HELP!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:46 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

Hi,
i'm new here and i really hope someone can help me!?

In 2013 i started with modding of the game FTL - Faster Than Light. Because i was busy with work i never could finish this. After the release of FTL Advanced Edition i bought it again on GOG. Now i would like to finish my mods of the game.

In 2013 i used the FTL_UnPacker to unpack and pack the needed .dat files. You can find it here https://subsetgames.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2788.
Still i can use it to unpack the gamedata from the ftl.dat but the FTL_UnPacker was written for the first FTL Edition and not for the Advanced Edition so i can't pack it again. It's because in the 1st Edition there were 2 .dat files named "data.dat"[included "data" folder] and "resource.dat" [included "audio", "fonts" and"img" folders].
In GOG's Advanced Edition there's only one .dat file named "ftl.dat". Now the ftl.dat includes all gamedata folders named "audio", "data", "fonts" and "img". Before it was seperated in the 2 .dat files. Oh and i searched the whole www and couldn't find any up to date Un/Packer for FTL Advanced.

Here's a screenshot from the FTLUnPacker's message when i try to pack all folders. Image

The FTL_UnPacker.jar was written in Java. There's no source code available. I tried to contact the programmer Didero but last time he was seen in the forum was in December 2012.

I'm not a programmer so i have problems to change the code. First i tried with Visual Studio but the program always told me there are bugs in the code. Then i decompiled the .class files within the .jar file with the Bytecode Viewer but there are several problems with compiling again. I tried several compilers. For me JD-GUI seems to be work best but i always get this error message:

Error compiling class: ftl/unpacker/FTLEditor
Keep in mind most decompilers cannot produce compilable classes
java.lang.Exception:
Error:
Note: C:\Users\xxxxxxxxxxx\.Bytecode-Viewer\bcv_temp\tempXUxHFmIJukuX\ftl\unpacker\FTLEditor.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.
1 error

Exit Value is 1
at the.bytecode.club.bytecodeviewer.compilers.JavaCompiler.compile(JavaCompiler.java:113)
at the.bytecode.club.bytecodeviewer.BytecodeViewer.compile(BytecodeViewer.java:792)
at the.bytecode.club.bytecodeviewer.gui.MainViewerGUI$14$1.run(MainViewerGUI.java:868)

I know i had to uncheck the Xlint option to solve this problem but within the Bytecode Viewer i cannot set any compiler options and i don't know how or if it's possible to set this anywhere in the Java folders.

I'm really going crazy with this and i hope someone can help me in any way!!!!! Maybe someone knows how to code Java and can do this for me?? For every help i'm thankful!

Regards happy

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: FTL Advanced Edition Packer/Unpacker HELP!!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 3:25 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 109 times
Use Slipstream Mod Manager 1.9.1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:23 pm 
ultra-n00b

I know and tried Slipstream's Mod Manager but how can i pack all needed folders into the ftl.dat with it??

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:25 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 109 times
Make a mod. And use Slipstream Manager to patch ftl.dat file with.

Read "usage" here.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 6:24 pm 
ultra-n00b

I solved the problem with the java code and i tried SlipstreamModManager again and it's working now! :D

Thx for your help!!!!!