XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Wed Dec 19, 2018 9:30 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 12:54 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

Kamshaft wrote:
Seems like the dxt2dss converter has a bug, it seems to currupt the alpha channel, everything else is fine. Any ideas?

I was just about to post this...

It also does it when converting back to DXT... So like Stephen said, any ideas?

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 566 times
Well, if you have a correct version and an incorrect version of the same picture, please post them. Like I said before, there are some unknown variables in the DXT that may refer to the alpha channel. It might also be that the game knows which alpha channel settings to use, and didn't save this info in the DXT files. If you know what DDS settings there should be please let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:30 pm 
ultra-n00b

I just made a DXT3 .dds file with alpha and converted to .dxt and then converted it back to .dds and the alpha loads fine in PS for that... Probably something with the stock game files then I guess? But how come when I load the .dxt i made with an alpha into the game, the alpha is wrong ingame :wtf:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 22, 2006 10:13 pm 
Site Admin

Have thanks: 566 times
GheTTo_cR wrote:
I just made a DXT3 .dds file with alpha and converted to .dxt and then converted it back to .dds and the alpha loads fine in PS for that... Probably something with the stock game files then I guess? But how come when I load the .dxt i made with an alpha into the game, the alpha is wrong ingame :wtf:

That means the game knows what type of alpha to expect from a variable in the DXT file. The DXT that is created is based on a template DXT gotten from a variety of game DXTs. But: it might be that the unknowns in the DXT are referring to alpha stuff, that are not set during conversion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2006 11:29 pm 
ultra-n00b

Mr.Mouse wrote:
GheTTo_cR wrote:

That means the game knows what type of alpha to expect from a variable in the DXT file. The DXT that is created is based on a template DXT gotten from a variety of game DXTs. But: it might be that the unknowns in the DXT are referring to alpha stuff, that are not set during conversion.

Well I found out when you only use pure white and pure black and everything pixelated and saved as a DDS 'DXT1 ARGB (1 bit Alpha)' it does work... I'm no coder or programmer but I hope this will get someone closer to finding a fix...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 12:17 am 
ultra-n00b

bruce..where do i put them.. and i put my skin to a dds and my photoshop cs2 wont open it.. same with the dxt files....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2007 9:01 pm 
ultra-n00b

GheTTo_cR wrote:
Kamshaft wrote:
Seems like the dxt2dss converter has a bug, it seems to currupt the alpha channel, everything else is fine. Any ideas?

I got that problem too...I don't suppose anyone has made any progress figuring that out??

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:53 am 
ultra-n00b

garasaki wrote:
GheTTo_cR wrote:
Kamshaft wrote:

I got that problem too...I don't suppose anyone has made any progress figuring that out??

Rookie fix..What works for me when i get that issues sometimes..Open the original skin file and convert to bmp file..then open file with DXTbmp program..import original alpha channel for the skin..save as DDS DXT1 then convert to DXT using DDS2DXT program then add to game files..
=FallGuy=

Post subject: Re: MX vs ATV Unleashed Textures
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:02 pm 
ultra-n00b

does anyone know how to extract the terrain files/greyscale maps from the pak files?

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:36 am 
ultra-n00b

Mr.Mouse wrote:
GheTTo_cR wrote:

Mr Mouse, please share the source code of your DXT2DDS program. Thanks

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 100 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7