XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Thu Jun 22, 2017 1:26 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:21 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 332
Has thanked: 64 times
Have thanks: 210 times

hhchunter wrote:
volfin wrote:
Don't know how I missed that UV format, but in any case, I added it. :keke:

Also while poking around, I realized that the Destructible models were packaged together with all their debris in one mesh. I figured out how to designate all the parts with materials:



Awesome!

volfin wrote:
There's still the matter of meshes you mentioned have the wrong scale. if you can provide an example, i'll be happy to take a look.


The Jet from Chunk0 had this problem afaik.

0000000000006eca.dat

I moved the sub-objects to the side. The highest poly mesh scales correctly, while others don't.
https://i.imgur.com/xDtzlIq.png

Also some weirdness with the mesh possibly? Shown when Unwrapping.
https://i.imgur.com/u6yJyFp.jpg


it's odd, I'm not seeing any problems with scale when I load that model. the Major LODs for the jet are on layer 1, layer 8, and layer 19, all seem scaled right. Then there's the cockpit interiors on layer 2, layer 5, and layer 15, also all 3 seems scaled right. I can only think if you're seeing a scale issue, it's caused by some further conversion you're doing yourself. I noticed the images you took were in 3DsMax.

As for the UVs, they seem correct, however, it does seem more than one is being overlaid, there's a large square as you see here that goes to two tiny blocks in the cockpit.

Image

That seems to tell me there should be multiple materials on this model too, but my importer isn't detecting it. I'll have to look into it.

Well I gave it a hard look, I don't see any material data. I can only guess those two blocks are hidden when the cockpit piece is in place, so they didn't bother texturing them well. (lazy, lazy :D ) it shouldn't hurt anything, at worst, maybe cut those two small blocks off.

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 5:37 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Mar 14, 2016 10:57 am
Posts: 6
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 0 time
Yeah, after checking respective textures uvs aligned well. Sorry for wrong information.

There seems to be a legit small issue - character heads have flipped vertical uvs, scaling and position are a bit off too. It can be easily fixed by hand though


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:19 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 332
Has thanked: 64 times
Have thanks: 210 times
YourImaginaryFriend wrote:
Yeah, after checking respective textures uvs aligned well. Sorry for wrong information.

There seems to be a legit small issue - character heads have flipped vertical uvs, scaling and position are a bit off too. It can be easily fixed by hand though


I found a head, and yeah I see what you mean. Looking at shoes, I see similar, as far as being flipped. I think I forgot to check the UV against textures, I kind of got wrapped up. So all UVs are flipped on the Y axis. In fact now I found a model where X axis of UV is 1/2 of normal width. So think the UV format is even more complicated than I originally thought. i'll see what I can do to sort it out.

As for misalignment, I think that's because every head is unique, and you have to find the exact right texture for each head. They didn't make the textures generic and interchangeable. Which brings me to a problem I'd love to solve, how to match textures to models. Because right now, there's absolutely no way but to match by eye. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 7:53 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 332
Has thanked: 64 times
Have thanks: 210 times
Ok here's a new version 1.02, which flips the UV for rigged items only (Heads/clothes/body parts). Static items seem to be the right orientation as far as I can tell. I'm still not sure on trees.

Two things, There are some models that may have squished UVs on the U axis, I can't see a way to detect that, you'll have to stretch it out manually (seems rare).

And I have seen a few times when loading multiple models in the same scene, that models will appear with the wrong scale (it seems). But if you toggle one of the Dimension axis' a little higher then back down to where it was, the model will snap to the proper scale

Image

I'm not sure why the scale transform isn't being applied, but the workaround seem to work. if I figure out how to make it scale more consistently I'll update again.

Edit: newer below.


Last edited by volfin on Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 12:32 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Tue Sep 08, 2015 9:51 am
Posts: 25
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 5 times
volfin wrote:
Ok here's a new version 1.02, which flips the UV for rigged items only.


Awesome, weighted Prim's seem mostly done then I'd guess.

I've had a few meshes be outright broken on the other hand however.

https://i.imgur.com/Te7jQcq.png

There seems to be Overlapping Verts on UV seams. I'm not sure if that's how the models are normally.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 7:18 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 332
Has thanked: 64 times
Have thanks: 210 times
hhchunter wrote:
volfin wrote:
Ok here's a new version 1.02, which flips the UV for rigged items only.


Awesome, weighted Prim's seem mostly done then I'd guess.

I've had a few meshes be outright broken on the other hand however.

https://i.imgur.com/Te7jQcq.png

There seems to be Overlapping Verts on UV seams. I'm not sure if that's how the models are normally.


yes, that's a new mesh format I've not seen before. added it. If you run into any more let me know.

Edit: new version below.


Last edited by volfin on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 5:44 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 17 times
Have thanks: 7 times
volfin wrote:
hhchunter wrote:
volfin wrote:
Ok here's a new version 1.02, which flips the UV for rigged items only.


Awesome, weighted Prim's seem mostly done then I'd guess.

I've had a few meshes be outright broken on the other hand however.

https://i.imgur.com/Te7jQcq.png

There seems to be Overlapping Verts on UV seams. I'm not sure if that's how the models are normally.


yes, that's a new mesh format I've not seen before. added it. If you run into any more let me know.


Hi, although it is off topic but.. did you ever know how to decrypt and encrypt text files?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2017 7:30 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 332
Has thanked: 64 times
Have thanks: 210 times
adol365 wrote:
Hi, although it is off topic but.. did you ever know how to decrypt and encrypt text files?


As far as I know, nothing in the game has encryption. Only a couple files do, which aren't really needed for anything. As Ekey said "I found only encryption for config files (packagedefinition.txt and thumbs.dat). It's XTEA."

You can get his tool to decrypt those two files over at zenhax:

http://www.zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=13735#p13735 but everything else should be clean data. Making something to read/write that data, is a whole other story of course.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 17 times
Have thanks: 7 times
volfin wrote:
adol365 wrote:
Hi, although it is off topic but.. did you ever know how to decrypt and encrypt text files?


As far as I know, nothing in the game has encryption. Only a couple files do, which aren't really needed for anything. As Ekey said "I found only encryption for config files (packagedefinition.txt and thumbs.dat). It's XTEA."

You can get his tool to decrypt those two files over at zenhax:

http://www.zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=13735#p13735 but everything else should be clean data. Making something to read/write that data, is a whole other story of course.



No, as far as I know.. Text files are encrypted.
This is my thread on zenhax. http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3399
It also discussed in the xentax but no one can figure it out.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:00 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 332
Has thanked: 64 times
Have thanks: 210 times
adol365 wrote:
volfin wrote:
adol365 wrote:
Hi, although it is off topic but.. did you ever know how to decrypt and encrypt text files?


As far as I know, nothing in the game has encryption. Only a couple files do, which aren't really needed for anything. As Ekey said "I found only encryption for config files (packagedefinition.txt and thumbs.dat). It's XTEA."

You can get his tool to decrypt those two files over at zenhax:

http://www.zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?p=13735#p13735 but everything else should be clean data. Making something to read/write that data, is a whole other story of course.



No, as far as I know.. Text files are encrypted.
This is my thread on zenhax. http://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?t=3399
It also discussed in the xentax but no one can figure it out.


Oh I don't know then. Seems silly to put encryption on something like that. This isn't exactly NSA secrets :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2017 8:30 am 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 17 times
Have thanks: 7 times
volfin wrote:
Oh I don't know then. Seems silly to put encryption on something like that. This isn't exactly NSA secrets :D


Well.. Square Enix likes encryption.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1173
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 484 times
adol365 wrote:
It also discussed in the xentax but no one can figure it out.


It's not like "no one can figure it out", but the devs threatened people with lawsuits for decrypting their subtitles. So this must be not too hard to figure out, encryption must be the same, they prob. just changed the key, but nobody wants to mess with it anymore.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 06, 2014 6:30 am
Posts: 332
Has thanked: 64 times
Have thanks: 210 times
daemon1 wrote:
adol365 wrote:
It also discussed in the xentax but no one can figure it out.


It's not like "no one can figure it out", but the devs threatened people with lawsuits for decrypting their subtitles. So this must be not too hard to figure out, encryption must be the same, they prob. just changed the key, but nobody wants to mess with it anymore.


Which in and of itself is silly, since that's like threatening to sue someone for reading a book to someone else, or some other analogy where someone is doing something that there's no laws against.

I'd do it no problem, if A) I was into encryption (i'm not), and B) I had interest in doing translations (I don't). But I certainly wouldn't care about some empty threat.

Someone could just type into notepad what every character says, and tada, you have the subtitles. They gonna sue then? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:21 pm
Posts: 70
Has thanked: 17 times
Have thanks: 7 times
daemon1 wrote:
It's not like "no one can figure it out", but the devs threatened people with lawsuits for decrypting their subtitles. So this must be not too hard to figure out, encryption must be the same, they prob. just changed the key, but nobody wants to mess with it anymore.


You're right, but for me, it doesn't matter. The result says that no one will do it now.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Hitman 2016 textures
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2017 9:21 am 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Mon Oct 13, 2014 6:54 am
Posts: 106
Has thanked: 52 times
Have thanks: 3 times
Not sure if I've missed something here or elsewhere, but have skeletons been figured into the picture yet? I'm super familiar with volfin's Alien tools and am just getting around to this one and the Deus Ex one, so I figured I'd check...



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 41 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group