All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: EA Games RX2 EXPORT Script [EA Skate 1,2,3 / Def Jam / NHL]
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:37 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 1 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

I made a universal exporting script for rx2 files for NOESIS.
This script exports single file textures so far.

It is confirmed to work with:
Skate
Skate 2
Skate 3
Def Jam: Icon
NHL Legacy
Fifa 09
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Future plans:
3D models
Multi Texture files

Have fun!

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Post subject: Re: EA Games RX2 EXPORT Script [EA Skate 1,2,3 / Def Jam / N
PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:13 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 4 times
Nice job man! Single textures works but many of textures has packed in "texlib.rx2" which contains more than one texture in NHL and my script support texture names also. However first texture in "texlib" works perfect. I will check if I can fix my NHL script more easier to understand.

Keep going on, you have done nice work with skate 3!
Ea has released open source code for some products including skate 3 and you may be interested:
https://gpl.ea.com

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:54 am 
ultra-n00b

Beedy wrote:
Nice job man! Single textures works but many of textures has packed in "texlib.rx2" which contains more than one texture in NHL and my script support texture names also. However first texture in "texlib" works perfect. I will check if I can fix my NHL script more easier to understand.

Keep going on, you have done nice work with skate 3!
Ea has released open source code for some products including skate 3 and you may be interested:
https://gpl.ea.com

That's pretty neat :) I didn't know about that. I can take a look.
Yeah I didn't think names was going to be necessary because I made the script for Skate 1,2,3 only at first, and they only ever contain 1 texture per file and they are also called the exact same thing as the rx2 files x) So it didn't matter on those files. But yeah maybe if you want to take a look at my script and make it work with names and multiple files? :) I only started learning Python 2 weeks ago, so it's difficult for me to understand the way you are doing your script. I only know c++ and some c#. :P

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2019 11:52 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 4 times
I started learnig two years ago without any experiment of programming and thats why my script looks weird :) but it’s not straightforward header. We have different scripts which works perfectly with different games so it isn’t necessary to bring it together but I will take a look. It takes time but it’s funny :D

How do you use your mods in Xbox 360? Do you have rgh-modded console and is it possible to play a game with extracted archives? I have xkey and textures need to be compress to chunklzx-format and re-import in .big archive and then inject modded big In to iso file. Thats so complex. Can you test if it’s possible to play Nhl with extracted files?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 5:34 am 
ultra-n00b

Beedy wrote:
I started learnig two years ago without any experiment of programming and thats why my script looks weird :) but it’s not straightforward header. We have different scripts which works perfectly with different games so it isn’t necessary to bring it together but I will take a look. It takes time but it’s funny :D

How do you use your mods in Xbox 360? Do you have rgh-modded console and is it possible to play a game with extracted archives? I have xkey and textures need to be compress to chunklzx-format and re-import in .big archive and then inject modded big In to iso file. Thats so complex. Can you test if it’s possible to play Nhl with extracted files?

Yes I run the games from unpacked archives and the big files in Skate 3 run fine like that, so Sure I can try :) I don't think it will work tho. Skate 1 and 2 doesn't work unpacked for the very reason that they use a .BH file that seem to require the files to be in .big format to read them. (maybe this can be worked around)
But I can give it a go and see if it runs!

Also, something I noticed with ALL EA Skate games is that the Levels textures, 3d models and collision data is packed in a large container and they have the header for each file and it looks like I should be able to open them with any of our scripts, but none of them come out as a texture or even the models doesn't even seem like model data. :/ So I am thinking it may be the headers are uncompressed but the data itself is compressed. Is there anything like this in the NHL or Fifa games? I have tried figuring it out for the longest time and can't find anything about it.