It is currently Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:00 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Saints Row 2 XWB compressed wave
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:10 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 2 times

Thanks for doing this! I've tried other tools and yours is the only one that works for me.

I've listened through all of the files I've extracted and noticed that there are definitely some things still missing (notably, audio from your character and your friends outside of missions)
In my extracted XWBs, there are a lot of numbers skipped. At first i didn't think anything of it, but then I noticed that for the two example files you've been working with, SR2_CUTSCENES and MUS 420, there are no numbers skipped.
So I've uploaded some additional XWB files for you to test with, maybe you can work out what's going on with them, and hopefully all the missing files have the same cause so it's not too much work!

I've sent you a PM with links to the files. If anyone else needs the files, PM me.

Some notes on the XWBs I've sent you:
  • I've included the XWBs FordGT90Concept mentioned.
  • When "MUS DISPATCH.xwb" is extracted, there are no files.
  • "Movement.xwb" has no files extracted and "Weapons.xwb" seems like it's missing some.
  • "SR2_VOC_SP.xwb" is 253mb, but only 61mb of files are extracted - just 32 files. (And they're in the 4000 range, if the numbers are relevant to show that some are missing) - As it's called VOC_SP, I believe this is probably where the missing single player audio is.

I hope this helps!

edit: Sorry, I didn't see that part where you had no time, I mainly saw this:
Liandril wrote:
BTW: Thanks for the examples (MUS MIX_00001.wav, ...), too, but I can't test it with those, because I don't have Saints Row 2. I just have the two SR2-xwb files provided by IdolNinja.

Still, thanks for all your work! If you ever do find time, now you have the files you need :)

You can make the ads go away by registering

Last edited by user452 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:37 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 1 time
Thanks a lot dude

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:40 pm 
advanced

@user452: Thanks for your PM, but as I already wrote: I've currently no time to work on xactxtract (and if I have, the first thing will be the replace function). But your question was already answered a couple of times in this thread (and in the xactxtract readme): the missing files are ADPCM. xactxtract only extracts (x)WMA (and PCM, but as FordGT90Concept wrote, there are some small bugs in the PCM extraction function of the released versions of xactxtract).
For extracting ADPCM (and PCM) files, I suggest using aluigis unxwb. It supports (almost) all versions of .xwb and extracts everything except (x)WMA. Please note that there are difficulties with playing ADPCM files. VLC plays them correctly, but for other players (like WinAmp) you have to have the MS ADPCM codec (msadp32.acm) installed (on Windows XP).
xactxtracts info function will provide you with information (type (ADPCM,(x)WMA), sample rate...) about all files of a wavebank. With that information you'll know if you need unxwb, xactxtract or both for a specific .xwb file.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 am 
ultra-n00b

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

edit: There was no need to erase the entire post. It would have been better to just remove the LINKS, so at least people could read the non-infringing text.

It's been a while, but I'm fairly sure that what this comment previously contained were a set of EXAMPLE archives with files which were not being extracted properly that people could use to improve the extraction tools.

Last edited by user452 on Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 4:14 pm 
advanced

Hi user452,

first problem is that the .xwb is in Big Endian order (often used on consoles), xactxtract can only extract Little Endian order (used on PC). After a short look, I guess that the main problem with file 775 is the following:
all other files in the .xwb are marked as xma. 775 is the only file that is marked as PCM - this is probably wrong (i.e. an error in the .xwb). Someone could try to change the "PCM" entry into "XMA" (but not me as I really have no time, sorry).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 5:30 pm 
ultra-n00b

Yes, this XWB is from the console version, and I've been using unxwb to extract the files as you suggested.

Thanks for the tip,
I downloaded the source for unxwb, downloaded a compiler, downloaded zlib, got everything compiling correctly.
Now I've modified unxwb to treat pcm files as xma files, and recompiled it. This should have exactly the same effect as editing the XWB. Because it is simply treating that entry as if it said "XMA" in the file.

However, no luck.
After doing that, and using xmaencode on the file, it outputs a file that got to several hundred megabytes before I stopped it.

Thanks though, for now I'll just give up on that file, it probably wasn't anything important anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:53 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Thanks anyone for this GREAT thread !

But i've got a question, whats the name of song "MUS AMBIENT_00191" ?
I meam, im asking is there any info about a track ? Like a name of file, or ID3 tag like in MP3s ? (i know its a WMA so it should have it, although it doesn't guarantee that something is filled empty strings there)

I will be very grateful if you help me out. Thanks again :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:17 pm 
n00b

Anyone have XACTXTRACT backed up somewhere? All download links are dead.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2013 7:39 pm 
ultra-n00b

I searched for https://www.google.com/search?q=%22xactextract.rar%2 and found
http://idolninja.saintsrowmods.com/sr2/tools/ which seems to be v0.97

Just in case, I've uploaded the xactextract.rar I downloaded 2 years ago to mirrorcreator:
http://mir.cr/UVABI0PW
http://mir.cr/1SJUWQIO

edit: I don't remember much about the troubles I had 2 years ago earlier in this thread, but I do know that I now have all the audio extracted from all 3 games, either using this tool or other tools.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 4:55 pm 
n00b

user452 wrote:
I searched for https://www.google.com/search?q=%22xactextract.rar%2 and found
http://idolninja.saintsrowmods.com/sr2/tools/ which seems to be v0.97

Just in case, I've uploaded the xactextract.rar I downloaded 2 years ago to mirrorcreator:
http://mir.cr/UVABI0PW
http://mir.cr/1SJUWQIO

edit: I don't remember much about the troubles I had 2 years ago earlier in this thread, but I do know that I now have all the audio extracted from all 3 games, either using this tool or other tools.

Thanks! Thumbs up :)

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 9:38 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Hi, thanks a lot for the tools and explanations.
But has anyone ever tried to extract voices of the main characters of the game? I'd like to use them for modding another game.
The voices are packed (I think) in a file named 'voice_pc' without vpp_pc extension (in fact, without any extension) and the tools cannot open this package.
Does anyone have any idea how to open it? Any help will be appreciated.