XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Tue Feb 20, 2018 10:59 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: PS3 (.XVAG) 4 channel problem!!!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:26 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 0 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

Hello to everyone, today I have a strange problem. While I converted some sound tracks from .xvag to .wave format with VGMStream, I found myself with a 4-channel file. Also during playback (not really perfect, because there is a really annoying white background noise level, especially if it is trying to raise the volume in addition also some click and pop), once the track finishes, it rains again, and I noticed the track lasted twice as much as it should be (if it lasted 3 minutes, it now lasts 6, playing it twice a time). I hope someone else besides me has come across my own problem and has managed to find a solution so he can possible help me. Greets!

I attach below the links of an original/converted sample in question.

Original: https://mega.nz/#!drwQTLyY!hXyxTaCBteCy ... jbeybGsd5o
Converted: https://mega.nz/#!BipVSRRK!ib7AZoXxLQLX ... oMJgEzpQTE

Post subject: Re: PS3 (.XVAG) 4 channel problem!!!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 26, 2017 1:06 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 71 times
Use the latest vgmstream and it should playback and convert just fine with no issues.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 3:37 am 
advanced

Hi Brendan19, I tried as you advised me to do, but the problem also persists with this version :(

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:52 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

What problem are you talking about?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 7:28 pm 
advanced

"I found myself with a 4-channel file. Also during playback (not really perfect, because there is a really annoying white background noise level, especially if it is trying to raise the volume in addition also some click and pop), once the track finishes, it rains again, and I noticed the track lasted twice as much as it should be (if it lasted 3 minutes, it now lasts 6, playing it twice a time)"

PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2017 11:21 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

The track is only 59 seconds long so by default vgmstream will make it loop two times before adding a 10 second fadeout making the track 2:09

The clicking/popping issue:
Deleting the first two samples and the last two samples either side of the loop point which will remove the click/pop usually.

e.g. 2835189 is the loop point in this track. Delete two samples to the left of the loop point (2835187 and 2835188) and delete two samples to the right of the loop point (2835190 and 2835191) to remove the click/pop.

The track is quite ambient so I am pretty sure the "white noise" and "rain" is actually part of the soundscape and is meant to be part of the track.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:54 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 1 time
You can use "test.exe -i file.xvag" and it'll disable looping.

vgmstream detects the file loops fully (I'll adjust so looping is smoother though). If you remove looping the song will end abruptly.

Playback is fine as far as I can see. Didn't hear any clicks and the waveform is correct. You sure you don't have a problem with your sound card or something else?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2017 12:44 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

The clicking starts appearing when you change the amplitude of the file bnnm. It plays back just fine normally without any volume change.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 30, 2017 1:23 am 
advanced

Please excuse my ignorance :( but unfortunately I do not understand some things:

1- "2835189" is the loop point of this track, but how can I remove the values you quoted?
2- Why them? How were they identified? Why two back and front or this value?
3- How can I disable looping and the two useless channels in the track with "test.exe -i file.xvag"? it's a command, right? How can I use it, there is no .bat that allows it to be used? Because in the folder it is not present :(

For audio, if you have not encountered any kind of problem then it means that the problem is simply my computer, better that way.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:36 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

1/2. The click/pop occurs because the track has not reached what is called a "zero crossing" in the waveform when it goes to loop. Deleting two samples either side of the loop point fixes this issue a lot of the time and smoothes it out.

Open up the converted file in an audio editor like Audacity. Change any of the three boxes at the bottom of the window in Audacity (Selection Start) to show "Samples" instead of "Seconds".

After that, delete two samples before and after the loop point and the pop should be gone.

3. Save the following in notepad and with the extension .bat file to convert the file with no looping or a fadeout.

Code:
FOR %%a IN (*.xvag) DO test -l 1 -f 0 -o "%%a.wav" "%%a"

PostPosted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 4:49 pm 
advanced

I apologize for the delay, but even now I could read the answer. As always Brendan I thank you for your special help, I followed your advice to the letter and I finally succeeded to remove the loop and the 2 extra channels from the track, now I can play it perfectly as a normal stereo file without any kind of problem. Simply wonderful! :]