XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:07 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Predator:Concrete Jungle(.SFX format)-ExtractionSoundtracks!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:14 pm 
advanced

Have thanks: 0 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

Hi guys, I need your help (of course as always :) to correctly convert the soundtracks of "Predator: Concrete Jungle". The soundtracks are in ".SFX" format and I do not know which settings to set in VGM ToolGUI for reproduce the tracks correctly, and I would also like to do this for both the Xbox and the PS2 version. As always thank you all for listening. I leave here the link to download a sample of a track for both versions (the same) of the soundtrack of the main menu of the game.

This is the link of the archives: https://mega.nz/#F!MiJAWKrD!ufzTDwLS1GKvfN4jCBMT6g

Post subject: Re: Predator:Concrete Jungle(.SFX format)-ExtractionSoundtra
PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:36 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 4 times
It's MUSX, a multi-platform Eurocom 4-bit ADPCM solution that's playable by VGMstream plugin. The main question for me however is how you unpacked those huge FILELIST.000/.BIN and/or DATA.DAT archives. Do you mind sharing your extractor?
See you!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 12:15 am 
advanced

Hi man, I'm sorry for the delay, unfortunately I do not always see it. I'm sorry to have to give you the bad news, but unfortunately I did not extract anything, it was already as it was, I did nothing but take a sample from the folder that covered the audio tracks and post it directly here, waiting for someone to help me. But there is still a possibility, I don't known if this script can help you, but is dedicated to the extraction of files from games developed by Eurocom, and was made thanks to the programmer Luigi Auriemma. I hope this can help you:

http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/gforce.bms

P.S .: Thank you for your help, but unfortunately when I insert the PS2 file in VGMstream, I get written "Failed opening". What do you suggest me to do? Greetings.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:46 am 
beginner

Yep unfortunately all these SFX files can't be played ATM although similar (or exactly the same) type of PS2 MUSX has been implemented into VGMstream many years ago. We can either wait for an update for that plugin (I'm gonna notify its author about the issue) or use some workarounds.
Here's what you may use with XMPlay version of VGMStream: 2 TXTH docs which should work on all tracks with "_mus_mfx_" prefix as well as usa__streamdata.sfx (there're quite a few songs there starting at 1:51:07 & ending at 2:11:08). Simply copy both TXTHs to directory where *.sfx are located and add SFX files to playlist.
If you think that BGMs play too slow or too fast then you're free to edit my *.txth files (they're simple plain-text documents) and change values in lines #4 or #5. I hope this helps and you'll be able to find & play all the original ingame compositions you're looking for!
Best regards!

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:16 am 
advanced

Sorry again for the delay :(
Thank you very much Ripper for the help, but unfortunately I inserted the two files that you have kindly shared, in the folder containing the audio tracks with the format in question, but when I try to add them either from the program or with the drag-in strangely nothing happens, load the file but do not show it (started the program with administrator rights). However, I downloaded the program from their official website, I do not know if the cause was that I had not downloaded a specific version :?:

http://support.xmplay.com/files_view.php?file_id=676

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:10 pm 
beginner

MUSX v5 [Predator: Concrete Jungle (Xbox/PS2)] has already been added to FB ver. of plugin so that install it instead and you'll be able to play those tracks with "_mus_mfx_" prefix. It'll only become possible after you change original *.sfx extension to *.musx though (Foobar variant relies heavily on file extensions in order to play back music properly, Winamp / XMPlay versions of VGMstream aren't so strict).
This solution worked perfectly fine for me and I hope you won't run into any more issues with these BGMs.

As for usa__streamdata.sfx: are you sure both usa__streamdata.sfx and usa__streamdata.sfx.txth are in the same folder? Can you find VGMStream in list of currently installed plugins in XMPlay or Winamp? Actually if you use the former there should be even 2 iterations of it in Plugins=>Input menu: vgmstream for XMPlay + Winamp[in_vgmstream.dll], at least one simply has to play usa__streamdata.sfx (or those sb_*.sfx banks if you even need them).
If the problem persists I will hardly be able to suggest anything else so you'll probably be on your own from there on. Sorry for that but this is just how I see it.

Best wishes and good luck!

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:45 pm 
advanced

Oh Ripper, I do not know where to start to thank you for everything, finally now everything works beautifully!!! :]
Both the audio tracks of the PS2 version and the Xbox are reproduced perfectly (thanks). The program I used for this was "Foobar" with the VGStream library (thanks for the alternative and for the library). As for "XMPlay" the cause will certainly be because I have not installed in it the libraries of VGS, that's why it did not reproduce it (thanks for solving the problem, I was literally going crazy trying to make it work :fury:). I tried before downloading Foobar to install what I needed in XMPlay, following (after some research :read: ) as I had to do it, but unfortunately nothing changed. I tried taking all the .dll files of VGS and I moved them first in the "Plugins" folder (created according to instructions), then in the main folder, but in the "Plugins" section of the program settings did not detect anything unfortunately (although the instructions clearly said that it was not important where they were inserted, the folder "Plugins" was just to keep everything in clear order), but with the second alternative recommended by you I was able to easily make it. :dance:
Before concluding I would like to ask you possibly one last thing. Is it possible to convert an audio track into this format, rename it and replace it with one of the available audio tracks and play it in-game? :whmm:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 8:55 am 
beginner

It's nice to hear you've got it working and all probs gotten rid of!
As for audio modding of this game: I don't know since I've never really been into BGM replacement and so on. This MUSX codec looks to be relatively popular and not super-sophisticated but I'm still not sure you're going to find any WAVE-to-MUSX tool in the Web. You can always try I guess...
Best regards!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2018 11:50 pm 
advanced

I understand perfectly, thanks for everything Ripper! :up: