It is currently Wed Sep 20, 2017 8:40 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: How to Extract Sound Effects? HELP ME OUT
PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:31 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

I saw that is possible to extract sound effects from games and I was wondering how you guys do it, I'd like to extract sounds from some games too, but I can't figure out how. I actually managed it but the quality of the files is very low, and they are in Mp3. I want Wav files instead, for a better quality. I've recently got the game "Watch Dogs 2" but as I said, I can't figure out how to extract sounds files (wav format not mp3). I saw and read tons of tutorials but nothing helped me. I left a sample at the following link, where there should be the sounds inside, since is over 2gb and there's written "sound". But please guys, don't say me to encode, modify extension, cnvert or something about that because I CAN'T UNDERSTAND HOW TO DO IT ALONE, I need someone to talk to. By the way, this won't be the last time I ask,so I was also wondering if someone is willing to help me through a conversation by facebook or Vk, leave your profile and I will add you. It's really really really important. Thanks in advance :)

Link: https://mega.nz/#!YihzxAbI!_kUc2V5TkNuB ... Hd6HenB-Co

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: How to Extract Sound Effects? HELP ME OUT
PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 5:39 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 2 times
I just read your topic and created a small program to extract sounds from the Watch Dogs 2 Dat Files:
DL Link: https://mega.nz/#!hiZQDKBS!Lh6PZDv6LJFZ ... ppbzC15Y6Y

Basically how the archive is structured is it is just the wav file data stacked on top of each other; So if you were to open a wav file with a hex editor copy all those bytes paste them to a new file then copy the bytes of another wav file and paste those bytes after the first wav files bytes that's basically how these Dat files are structured.

If you need to Pm:
Discord: Crypt0z#3656