XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:32 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 6:57 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 382
Has thanked: 138 times
Have thanks: 40 times

Is there a tool that can decompress adpcm files to pcm\wav?
I tried using MilesSoundTools, but it's too obsolete to recognize ADPCM.

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 12:48 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 51
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 times
I don't know any 'specific' tools (although I'm sure there are some), but a while ago, I simply used VLC to convert an ADPCM to PCM/wav.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:30 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2008 12:11 am
Posts: 407
Location: Slovakia
Has thanked: 35 times
Have thanks: 113 times
Try FFMPEG

Code:
ffmpeg.exe -i ms_adpcm.wav pcm.wav


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 2:21 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 382
Has thanked: 138 times
Have thanks: 40 times
Liandril wrote:
I don't know any 'specific' tools (although I'm sure there are some), but a while ago, I simply used VLC to convert an ADPCM to PCM/wav.


how?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:40 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 15 times
Have thanks: 15 times
Hi,

take a look a this: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=10685

Payday 2 ( for example ) use WWISE IMA_ADPCM i presume. There's many types of ADPCM formats if I'm not mistaken.

The conversion via VLC consists on a batch command file. You can learn more about VLC commands on Google.

Cordialy

_________________
Vosvoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:20 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 51
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 2 times
Vosvoy wrote:
The conversion via VLC consists on a batch command file. You can learn more about VLC commands on Google.

You can do the conversion directly in VLC (v2.1.0), too. Open vlc, then
  • Media->Convert/Save
  • In the Open Media dialog, click on "add" to select the (ADPCM) file and choose "convert"
  • In the convert dialog, click the "edit profile" button and choose "wav" in the encapsulation tab and once again "wav" in the audio codec tab
  • choose destination file and press start


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:29 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 382
Has thanked: 138 times
Have thanks: 40 times
ahh. it's a Save as option. I thought it was an actual decompression..


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:46 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:48 am
Posts: 278
Has thanked: 47 times
Have thanks: 38 times
Devilot wrote:
ahh. it's a Save as option. I thought it was an actual decompression..

Well.. ADPCM compression is lossy.
it's not like a zip file where you can get back the original full quality file by unzipping it, decoding an adpcm file is like decoding an mp3, you'll always have some loss.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:51 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 15 times
Have thanks: 15 times
Pepper wrote:
Devilot wrote:
ahh. it's a Save as option. I thought it was an actual decompression..

Well.. ADPCM compression is lossy.
it's not like a zip file where you can get back the original full quality file by unzipping it, decoding an adpcm file is like decoding an mp3, you'll always have some loss.


Yes it's true. When I decompressed sounds from Payday 2 I get a slight and hissy artefact in the sounds.

_________________
Vosvoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2014 11:41 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu Apr 17, 2008 3:48 am
Posts: 278
Has thanked: 47 times
Have thanks: 38 times
Vosvoy wrote:
Pepper wrote:
Devilot wrote:
ahh. it's a Save as option. I thought it was an actual decompression..

Well.. ADPCM compression is lossy.
it's not like a zip file where you can get back the original full quality file by unzipping it, decoding an adpcm file is like decoding an mp3, you'll always have some loss.


Yes it's true. When I decompressed sounds from Payday 2 I get a slight and hissy artefact in the sounds.

did you use vlc for that without using imarejigger first? payday and the sequel use audiokenetic adpcm, which doesnt always decode right unless you fix it with hcs's tool.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:36 am 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:58 pm
Posts: 127
Has thanked: 15 times
Have thanks: 15 times
Pepper wrote:
did you use vlc for that without using imarejigger first? payday and the sequel use audiokenetic adpcm, which doesnt always decode right unless you fix it with hcs's tool.


Huh... Yeah, but now I use a tool that I found on a website about Payday 2 modding (called wwise_ima_adpcm.exe). It convert WWise files to wavs. The hissy artefact is not very annoying anyway (it's kind of audible on shell casing and firing layers sounds, for example).
If I took this tool it's mainly because it was a pain in the ass to cut the .bnk files via HxD to have each sounds in this container (imagine: manualy cut about 2000 files, take you a goddamn time).
So, today I don't use ima_rejigger2+VLC anymore. The result is quite better and faster.

Cordialy

_________________
Vosvoy


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 1:20 am 
Offline
advanced
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 5:53 am
Posts: 54
Has thanked: 87 times
Have thanks: 15 times
Devilot wrote:
Is there a tool that can decompress adpcm files to pcm\wav?
I tried using MilesSoundTools, but it's too obsolete to recognize ADPCM.

try VGMToolbox + VGMstream and GENH format:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vgmtoolbox/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vgmstream/
http://hcs64.com/files/vgmstream_external_dlls.zip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Decompress ADPCM to PCM?
PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:27 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:12 am
Posts: 382
Has thanked: 138 times
Have thanks: 40 times
SILENTpavel wrote:
Devilot wrote:
Is there a tool that can decompress adpcm files to pcm\wav?
I tried using MilesSoundTools, but it's too obsolete to recognize ADPCM.

try VGMToolbox + VGMstream and GENH format:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vgmtoolbox/
http://sourceforge.net/projects/vgmstream/
http://hcs64.com/files/vgmstream_external_dlls.zip


I already have VGMstream :D but I don't know how to use the others.



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 13 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group