XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:43 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2 Model Format
PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:13 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 115 times

You can make the ads go away by registering

I check occasionally, best to just ask and people can try to help once they check in. :)

I'll do my best to answer questions related to this.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:36 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
BUMP.

With all 3 Ninja Gaiden games going in-game with RPCS3 emulator and Ninja Gaiden Sigma being fully playable, I am hoping to see an increase and revival in mod activity.

Using Protocol's tools ( thank you Protocol ), I was able to extract from the AFS files and now I was wondering how might I go about doing a simple costume swap replacing the default or maybe sky blue retro outfit with the long sleeve & traditional ninja garb Ryu features in the beginning of the game?

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:58 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

@koonbozorg

Wow, thanks for sharing that. I didn't even know about that emulator. Not a problem on the tools, I hope people find them helpful. Unfortunately, I don't know the other KT formats as well as DOA5, but part of the challenge will be keeping file sizes the same until someone knows how to pad or shift addresses around. My best guess would be to start with addresses of the images within any one of the containers. With that you could jump to the image location in hex, and then paste a modified image (if it's the same byte size) over the old one. After doing that it should be possible to past the modified container back into the afs. That's all in theory of course if the game does not run any other kind of byte checks. :-/ I don't have real specifics on that at the moment, because I forget this stuff real easily when I'm away from it for more than a few days.

So does that emulator run DLC as well? NG games are the only reason I'm hanging onto my PS3, I would love to consolidate if I know Sigma 2 DLC works correctly.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2018 9:41 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
All DLC works just fine in all Ninja Gaiden games via RPCS3. I've completed Sigma 1 on the emulator numerous times including all the missions and survival dlc with no issue.

Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge the same though they have minor kinks that need to get worked out before they become playable.

Still, the graphics render correctly and you can go about in game on both no problem.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:31 am 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Have thanks: 114 times
koonbozorg wrote:
All DLC works just fine in all Ninja Gaiden games via RPCS3. I've completed Sigma 1 on the emulator numerous times including all the missions and survival dlc with no issue.

Sigma 2 and Razor's Edge the same though they have minor kinks that need to get worked out before they become playable.

Still, the graphics render correctly and you can go about in game on both no problem.

This forum is for ripping models and content from videogames for modding pupouses, It's not a forum dedicated to emulation.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:23 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Easy killer, he was just replying to my question which was indirectly related on account of the file format discussion he brought up. Yes, that's what it is for, but I was just curious since I didn't even know that emulation of the stuff was possible. Sometimes it is helpful to ask someone knowledgeable on a subject since Google can't actually answer everything otherwise this forum wouldn't exist either.

@koonbozorg, Thanks for answering. I did figure stuff out, but for some reason NG2 didn't work. I'll leave it at that or PM, so things get back on topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 81 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6