XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:22 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 134  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 8:12 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 118 times

Protocol X27 wrote:
Ah good to know.

I'll have to check out that new injector. I'm really digging the alternate texture capability now of your python one. I've already updated at least 3 models with it, and using it for regular textures is a huge time saver over the swizzle method.
sadly i couldn't find any way to visualize the dds textures without using any additional python addons.

when injecting a texture manually you don't have to necessarily swizzle it - you can swap the swizzled texture with an unswizzled one, then replace the dds swizzled type with it's unswizzled equivalent,

for example if you have a swizzled dxt1 texture and you swap it manually with an unswizzled one you should find the compression id in the xpr info(0x52 if i'm not mistaken) and swap it with the id of an unswizzled dxt1, "D3DFMT_DXT1" -> "D3DFMT_LIN_DXT1".

if you're really interested i can resolve and post the values for "swizzled"->"unzwizzled" for all dds formats.

theoretically this should affect the gpu processing speed, but i think this wouldn't be visible. i also could add this functionality to the injector to get rid of the microsoft's "bundler.exe" and make it(optionally) "clean for use".(thought i know that no one cares about licensing over here)

Lilstormcloud wrote:
The tool looks really useful, thanks! :D
it still needs testing to ensure the claimed functionality

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Sat Aug 17, 2013 11:45 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Posts: 338
Has thanked: 139 times
Have thanks: 115 times
b0ny wrote:
sadly i couldn't find any way to visualize the dds textures without using any additional python addons.

when injecting a texture manually you don't have to necessarily swizzle it - you can swap the swizzled texture with an unswizzled one, then replace the dds swizzled type with it's unswizzled equivalent,

for example if you have a swizzled dxt1 texture and you swap it manually with an unswizzled one you should find the compression id in the xpr info(0x52 if i'm not mistaken) and swap it with the id of an unswizzled dxt1, "D3DFMT_DXT1" -> "D3DFMT_LIN_DXT1".

if you're really interested i can resolve and post the values for "swizzled"->"unzwizzled" for all dds formats.

theoretically this should affect the gpu processing speed, but i think this wouldn't be visible. i also could add this functionality to the injector to get rid of the microsoft's "bundler.exe" and make it(optionally) "clean for use".(thought i know that no one cares about licensing over here)


Actually, I wasn't suggesting there was anything it was lacking. I'm just saying that other process for changing textures before had more steps involved. Your version is very quick compared to the custom form combined with the 3dsmax script. :)

The next feature though that would be really helpful is the ability to inject the 3D volume textures. Other than that, the process is pretty fluid shy of having something that does everything automatically XD lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:13 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 118 times
Protocol X27 wrote:
The next feature though that would be really helpful is the ability to inject the 3D volume textures. Other than that, the process is pretty fluid shy of having something that does everything automatically XD lol
i can't imagine what kind of editing someone could do on a sweat normal map, though here you go:

tecmo360texturesExtractorV14.zip - injection for cube and volume maps, but for volume maps the image will be injected unswizzled and the 'is_tiled' flag will be switched to 'untiled'. someone should test this and confirm that it works.

cube/volume textures for injection should be unwrapped on top of each other in a column, to see how the injecting texture should look like, have a look at the cube/volume texture you want to swap, exported with the "Export Cube and 3D textures as 2D" check box checked


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 1:32 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Posts: 338
Has thanked: 139 times
Have thanks: 115 times
b0ny wrote:
Protocol X27 wrote:
The next feature though that would be really helpful is the ability to inject the 3D volume textures. Other than that, the process is pretty fluid shy of having something that does everything automatically XD lol
i can't imagine what kind of editing someone could do on a sweat normal map, though here you go:

tecmo360texturesExtractorV14.zip - injection for cube and volume maps, but for volume maps the image will be injected unswizzled and the 'is_tiled' flag will be switched to 'untiled'. someone should test this and confirm that it works.

cube/volume textures for injection should be unwrapped on top of each other in a column, to see how the injecting texture should look like, have a look at the cube/volume texture you want to swap, exported with the "Export Cube and 3D textures as 2D" check box checked


You Sir, are a team player! Thanks. I'll check it out.

The reason for those normal maps is that some of the swimsuits have depression / indentation marks added on the skin and not on the diffuse texture. So in some cases the skin will look weird if the object causing the impression is not there but the normal map still makes a shadow appear. :)

Edit:
Killer stuff, b0ny! Just tried it and it works. :D That's be huge for adding the final polish on some concepts.

I also discovered something else in the process. Some of the specular properties for regular textures are inherited from DXT5 alpha layers. When saving as a .tga or .png the alpha layer is lost which might do weird things to the data once that image is injected. I was able to get around this by using the other injector, but I at least thought that might be helpful.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:30 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 118 times
Protocol X27
photoshop is preserving the alpha channel for *.tga, if "Alpha Channels" option, in the "Save As" dialog, is checked.Image
if photoshop is not an option for you - you can find another image converter that will preserve the alpha channel converting to one of the formats supported for injection


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:59 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2011 5:46 pm
Posts: 338
Has thanked: 139 times
Have thanks: 115 times
Ah, my bad. That feels like a noob mistake on my part. Didn't realize that was an option.
Thanks.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:16 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 118 times
doa5archivarius(v13).7z - for extracting/injecting files in doa5 lnk archives

fixed some really stupid errors, now it should actually work - at least for dlc archives
please test it and report the troubles, so i could fix the errors...


Protocol X27
xnview is fine for preserving the alpha channel while converting the dds to png or tga


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:35 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am
Posts: 14
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 0 time
Hey guys. I've trying to get the models to work in 3dsmax and I finally did it, however, I'm wondering if I'm doing things the hard way. When you import the .TMC file into Blender, do you need to apply the materials onto the model manually?

The reason I'm asking this is be cause when I import the .TMC file into Blender, then export it as a .FBX (autodesk) file for 3dsmax--identifying which material goes to which slot is very confusing.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about (my .DDS files are shown on the left, and in the Material Editor, the material slots all have a generic name) :
Image
Basically the only way to know what material goes in which slot is by guessing. So is there an easier way of applying textures, like redirecting it's original path to a folder? (body has 6parts x4 applications of textures, and hair has 35 parts x4 applications of textures each... -_-)


I also had a question about b0ny's tecmo360texturesExtractorV14 in comparison to the noesis doa5_360.py plugin for extracting textures. When I extracted the textures from the .TMC files with tecmo360texturesExtractorV14, my normal maps turned out to be unreadable:
Image

While the extraction with the noesis doa5_360.py plugin to a .PNG file worked fine:
Image

BTW, I used the simple_doa5_unpacker_v44 to unpack my data files. Anyone know what's going on?


Also wanted to ask b0ny what bundler.exe was for?


EDIT: I did some more testing, and it seems like it's just certain normal maps for certain .TMC files are unable to be extracted with that tool, and Helena_COS_001 must be one of them. :/ Is there an alternative to extracting textures other than this tool and noesis atm?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 3:01 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 694
Has thanked: 70 times
Have thanks: 115 times
kasake wrote:
Hey guys. I've trying to get the models to work in 3dsmax and I finally did it, however, I'm wondering if I'm doing things the hard way. When you import the .TMC file into Blender, do you need to apply the materials onto the model manually?

The reason I'm asking this is be cause when I import the .TMC file into Blender, then export it as a .FBX (autodesk) file for 3dsmax--identifying which material goes to which slot is very confusing.

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about (my .DDS files are shown on the left, and in the Material Editor, the material slots all have a generic name) :
Image
Basically the only way to know what material goes in which slot is by guessing. So is there an easier way of applying textures, like redirecting it's original path to a folder? (body has 6parts x4 applications of textures, and hair has 35 parts x4 applications of textures each... -_-)


I also had a question about b0ny's tecmo360texturesExtractorV14 in comparison to the noesis doa5_360.py plugin for extracting textures. When I extracted the textures from the .TMC files with tecmo360texturesExtractorV14, my normal maps turned out to be unreadable:
Image

While the extraction with the noesis doa5_360.py plugin to a .PNG file worked fine:
Image

BTW, I used the simple_doa5_unpacker_v44 to unpack my data files. Anyone know what's going on?


Also wanted to ask b0ny what bundler.exe was for?


EDIT: I did some more testing, and it seems like it's just certain normal maps for certain .TMC files are unable to be extracted with that tool, and Helena_COS_001 must be one of them. :/ Is there an alternative to extracting textures other than this tool and noesis atm?


I don't see the confusing thing here, the xxx_base is for the diffuse slot, the xxx_spe is for the specular level slot and the xxx_nrm is for the normal bump slot.

Second thing, the blender importer only imports the normal bump of dried area from the volumetric normal bump textures (those textures affected by the water) mean while the tecmo360texturesExtractor extracts complete textures. Some normal bumps come in a format not supported by 3ds max, just convert them to tga with noesis. Also, some specular maps come in the alpha channel of certain dfifuse textures (ie body and face textures).

Edit:

Those textures don't have specular maps, I don't know why you're getting those.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:57 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 118 times
blender importers for team ninja games (ver 2.3)

- from kasake-Darko discussion i've got an idea to add the shown on the image bellow option to activate the wet textures on loading doa5 models in blender(it, from what i've seen, gives strange normal maps for the face though)
Image
- also i fixed an error on loading alternate outfits for doa5 girls, now this option should work fine
- seems like importing for "dead or alive online" "emp" files where broken. it's fixed now

kasake wrote:
Also wanted to ask b0ny what bundler.exe was for?
if bundler.exe is present in the same folder as tecmo360texturesExtractorV14 then you can use tecmo360texturesExtractorV14 to inject edited textures back to tmc models, to make texture mods...
and for your problem - isn't mario's script importing tmc rigged models to 3ds max?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Fri Aug 23, 2013 11:18 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 694
Has thanked: 70 times
Have thanks: 115 times
b0ny wrote:
blender importers for team ninja games (ver 2.3)

- from kasake-Darko discussion i've got an idea to add the shown on the image bellow option to activate the wet textures on loading doa5 models in blender(it, from what i've seen, gives strange normal maps for the face though)
Image
- also i fixed an error on loading alternate outfits for doa5 girls, now this option should work fine
- seems like importing for "dead or alive online" "emp" files where broken. it's fixed now

kasake wrote:
Also wanted to ask b0ny what bundler.exe was for?
if bundler.exe is present in the same folder as tecmo360texturesExtractorV14 then you can use tecmo360texturesExtractorV14 to inject edited textures back to tmc models, to make texture mods...
and for your problem - isn't mario's script importing tmc rigged models to 3ds max?


Lol thanks for that, also do you know how to aply the dirt textures??

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am
Posts: 14
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 0 time
I talk/ask about a few things in this post, so I hope you bear with me on the organization. I separated the topics with equal signs:

b0ny wrote:
and for your problem - isn't mario's script importing tmc rigged models to 3ds max?

mario's TMC 3dsmax script works for some files, however I've come into some problems with objects being imported out of placement. Has anyone else run into these issues?
An example, Helena's sash is in the middle of her body. I've tried rotating the object 180 degrees, and it seems like it should stay in place, however it pops back to its odd position again:
Image



====================================================================
Darko wrote:
I don't see the confusing thing here, the xxx_base is for the diffuse slot, the xxx_spe is for the specular level slot and the xxx_nrm is for the normal bump slot.

Sorry, perhaps I was clear enough. I don't know if you're familiar with 3dsmax or not, so I'll explain how the material editor works. If you look at the image with the material editor again (or the image below), there are 13 slots for materials (this is for the body; hair has 35 -_-;;). Within each slot contains more slots for the diffuse, spec, and normal maps. What confuses me is selecting the initial slot. Sure there are some materials that are very obvious to see the changes when you apply the texture like the body.dss files. However, applying textures on the smaller parts of the model can be hard to tell where you've applied it.
For example, when I apply a texture to slot ID 3, the s_hel000_10 slot, I apply it to the seam in the back of her legging:
Image

Furthermore, some of the names of the textures are seem to described with the name of Japanese clothing, which I have no idea which body parts they apply to unless it's obvious when I look at the .DSS file in Noesis or XnView (some aren't so obvious, like the hel000_taitslace_base).
For example: hel000_himo_base, hel000_obi_base, hel000_taitslace_base, hel000_uraji_base


====================================================================
Darko wrote:
Second thing, the blender importer only imports the normal bump of dried area from the volumetric normal bump textures (those textures affected by the water) mean while the tecmo360texturesExtractor extracts complete textures. Some normal bumps come in a format not supported by 3ds max, just convert them to tga with noesis. Also, some specular maps come in the alpha channel of certain dfifuse textures (ie body and face textures).

Okay, doing so learning on Blender (totally new to Blender :/) I found out that b0ny's importer already applies the textures. I was under the impression that I needed to import the TMC into blender, which contained only the mesh and rigging, and had to apply the textures afterwards.

I was doing some poking around to find out the location path of the textures, and it seems that it reads all them from my AppData temp folder? Image:
Image
There's an option to unpack the .DSS file, which extracts and saves it to that same path.

I tried re-directing the path of the materials, and then exporting it to an FBX file to see if this will automatically load the textures when I import into 3dsmax, however this didn't work. :/


====================================================================
I tried using b0ny's new wet texture option, and it works great. However, when I try applying wet textures onto 3dsmax I get quite a different look. The texture seems like its higher in opacity and flatter than in Blender. I've been applying the wet body texture in the specular level, which would force me to change the parameters of the specular color to white in order for them to show.

Above all, I haven't been able to make renders in 3dsmax that are on par to what Blender can render... They always turn out to look like in-production models and colors being more muted--perhaps I need to install some new renders like VRay/Brazil/etc? Anyone have input on this?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:00 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat May 22, 2010 10:10 am
Posts: 239
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 118 times
seems like importing models from blender to 3dmax is not a good idea for now. but maybe you could use some other program to transfer the model - unity or something. afaik unity has great compatibility with both 3dmax and blender(it can load blend files), so a better idea is to find a way to import the model from blender to unity then from unity to 3dmax.

but of course using an importing plugin for 3dmax(or maya) is much better, coz 3dmax is directx compatible, and game models mostly are directx things(tmc models are). blender don't use normals/tangents/binormals/... that are very important for how the model will look in the end.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:26 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:16 pm
Posts: 694
Has thanked: 70 times
Have thanks: 115 times
b0ny wrote:
seems like importing models from blender to 3dmax is not a good idea for now. but maybe you could use some other program to transfer the model - unity or something. afaik unity has great compatibility with both 3dmax and blender(it can load blend files), so a better idea is to find a way to import the model from blender to unity then from unity to 3dmax.

but of course using an importing plugin for 3dmax(or maya) is much better, coz 3dmax is directx compatible, and game models mostly are directx things(tmc models are). blender don't use normals/tangents/binormals/... that are very important for how the model will look in the end.


I use blender to get the models, save the file in the location I want (normally I create a folder with the same name of the character and the number of the costume) and extract the textures there. After that I export the model in fbx (bones and weights) and obj (materials) scalling both of them to 100, reconvert them with noesis to the same formats in order to eliminate any compatibility issue in max (I use max 2008), and the last step is to import fist the fbx file (changing 1 to cm's), rotate it and export it to smd. The same thing with the obj model, just assigning textures, join the meshes in one editable mesh and weld it by 0.001, export it to smd and I use riggomatic to transfer vertex weights and I get a rigged clean model with materials. If someone needs riggomatic by magnum, you can download an exe version from my skydrive:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FFBE4E57 ... 49FCBE!177

If the model has an issue (ie hitomi cheer leader) or you have problems with some characters hair, I use a model exported with chrox noesis plugin.

Edit:

It's something similar to the tutorial I posted in the NG3RE thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8867&start=435

I'm doing a tutorial tomorrow detailing the process to get models correctly in 3ds max.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Dead or Alive series formats and tools
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 3:17 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:03 am
Posts: 14
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 0 time
b0ny wrote:
seems like importing models from blender to 3dmax is not a good idea for now. but maybe you could use some other program to transfer the model - unity or something. afaik unity has great compatibility with both 3dmax and blender(it can load blend files), so a better idea is to find a way to import the model from blender to unity then from unity to 3dmax.

but of course using an importing plugin for 3dmax(or maya) is much better, coz 3dmax is directx compatible, and game models mostly are directx things(tmc models are). blender don't use normals/tangents/binormals/... that are very important for how the model will look in the end.

I'll look into Unity, thanks.

Darko wrote:
I use blender to get the models, save the file in the location I want (normally I create a folder with the same name of the character and the number of the costume) and extract the textures there. After that I export the model in fbx (bones and weights) and obj (materials) scalling both of them to 100, reconvert them with noesis to the same formats in order to eliminate any compatibility issue in max (I use max 2008), and the last step is to import fist the fbx file (changing 1 to cm's), rotate it and export it to smd. The same thing with the obj model, just assigning textures, join the meshes in one editable mesh and weld it by 0.001, export it to smd and I use riggomatic to transfer vertex weights and I get a rigged clean model with materials. If someone needs riggomatic by magnum, you can download an exe version from my skydrive:

https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=FFBE4E57 ... 49FCBE!177

If the model has an issue (ie hitomi cheer leader) or you have problems with some characters hair, I use a model exported with chrox noesis plugin.

Edit:

It's something similar to the tutorial I posted in the NG3RE thread:

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=8867&start=435

I'm doing a tutorial tomorrow detailing the process to get models correctly in 3ds max.

Holy moly that is one length process. I'll look forward to your tutorial!



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 2002 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 34, 35, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40 ... 134  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: coderxxx, Itachi, panadero and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group