XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Jan 19, 2019 9:56 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:55 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Jul 28, 2018 11:52 pm
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time

Heyy, If You're Still Looking for the Map Files from 2FM, Tell Me; i Got Them All Dumped Out :D

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 12:09 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 am
Posts: 346
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 22 times
ichibankameha wrote:
That would be awesome! I have most of the assets ripped from the original disk, will the .map animation files be .mset?
in the noesis viewer I couldn't find bones to move the map textures, like the water or the clouds. all i found where dozens of independent meshes that I assume control the texture animation.

also, are the effects like the lens flare and water sparkling in the sun (from the destiny islands map,) within the .map file, or are they separate, perhaps in a .2ld file?

This thread has taught me how to rip view the .map files. I have one of yaz0rs first model viewers from years ago but I haven't been able to find it again.

Thank you so much!

I checked and I have the .3 version of Yaz0rs model viewer, did he add .map support? that would be awesome.

So, I was finally able to dig out my old hard drive, and I found my copies of all of yaz0r's old KH model viewers, including ModelViewerWXD3D9 versions 0.3, 0.4, and 0.52! I posted them here for those who are still interested in them:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ic295q4u8 ... 9.zip/file

_________________
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=13424


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 7:01 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sun Jul 08, 2018 6:47 pm
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Is the export option supposed to work with this tool you just posted? Nothing happens when I click on it.
I tried using noesis to export as obj but the texture won't show up in blender.
I'd like to get import the maps in blender but didn't really have any luck with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:42 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2018 10:39 am
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
I like this game too


เว็บแทงบอล : po


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2018 2:00 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 am
Posts: 346
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 22 times
Larxian wrote:
Is the export option supposed to work with this tool you just posted? Nothing happens when I click on it.
I tried using noesis to export as obj but the texture won't show up in blender.
I'd like to get import the maps in blender but didn't really have any luck with that.

I have no idea. I haven't used these in ages, and I didn't write them in the first place. Revelation's KH1 & KH2 Noesis Plugins can export models from the games as OBJs with textures. You might need to write a corresponding MTL file so that the materials are mapped to the associated textures in the OBJ, but once you do, it will work fine. It's possible that making such an an mtl file would fix the problem you're having with yaz0r's tools, but again, I don't know for sure.

_________________
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=13424


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:56 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:46 am
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Hello! I'm trying to make a Halloween display for the side of my house using projection mapping. We have a KH family, so I found the models that have been ripped from the game. I know they're rigged, but I'd really like the animations so that I'm not trying to attempt them from scratch. I've animated one thing in my life and it was... tedious and janky.

Do I need to rip the models and animations from the game? I was hoping for a shortcut, because the models are available as downloads. Does anyone have the animations (.mset files) available?

(I'm learning as I go, please forgive me for sounding like it!)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2019 6:33 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 am
Posts: 346
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 22 times
PeacetimeMandylorian wrote:
Hello! I'm trying to make a Halloween display for the side of my house using projection mapping. We have a KH family, so I found the models that have been ripped from the game. I know they're rigged, but I'd really like the animations so that I'm not trying to attempt them from scratch. I've animated one thing in my life and it was... tedious and janky.

Do I need to rip the models and animations from the game? I was hoping for a shortcut, because the models are available as downloads. Does anyone have the animations (.mset files) available?

(I'm learning as I go, please forgive me for sounding like it!)

For KH-specific animations, you need to rip them from the game, but there are several pre-ripped models from the KH games on Models-Resource and DeviantArt. If you get DeviantArt's MMD or XPS KH models, there should also be universal animations also available on DeviantArt for MMD characters, though they are not KH-specific.

_________________
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=13424


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2019 4:25 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Tue Jan 01, 2019 3:46 am
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Mirrorman95 wrote:
PeacetimeMandylorian wrote:
Hello! I'm trying to make a Halloween display for the side of my house using projection mapping. We have a KH family, so I found the models that have been ripped from the game. I know they're rigged, but I'd really like the animations so that I'm not trying to attempt them from scratch. I've animated one thing in my life and it was... tedious and janky.

Do I need to rip the models and animations from the game? I was hoping for a shortcut, because the models are available as downloads. Does anyone have the animations (.mset files) available?

(I'm learning as I go, please forgive me for sounding like it!)

For KH-specific animations, you need to rip them from the game, but there are several pre-ripped models from the KH games on Models-Resource and DeviantArt. If you get DeviantArt's MMD or XPS KH models, there should also be universal animations also available on DeviantArt for MMD characters, though they are not KH-specific.


Thank you! I've gotten animations and models- now i'm trying to get them to render correctly in Blender. Do you know of anyway I can have Noesis export an fbx file that will show up in Blender already textured? I can drag the textures, but I'm struggling with the alpha layers, immensely.

Here is:

How it looked in the viewer: https://pasteboard.co/HW9mQ1k.png

How it looks in blender: https://pasteboard.co/HW9es6x.jpg

The files I'm working with: https://pasteboard.co/HW9eZSV.jpg

The Blender Node view: https://pasteboard.co/HW9nhOY.png



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: DCxDemo, Seyiji, weekend12345t and 10 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group