XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:08 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 am
Posts: 342
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 21 times

ultimaespio wrote:
Quite interesting. In the cutscene animations for Destiny islands, there is a folder for a model called h_ex860. Tried dumping with kkdf2's stuff, file does not exist.

There's a few animations for this model too.


I only see one animation, in the di folder.

Also, N_ZZ160 can be viewed in 0.4, but not in 0.52 of yaz0r's model viewer.

You can make the ads go away by registering


_________________
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=13424


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 am
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time
Mirrorman95 wrote:
Also, N_ZZ160 can be viewed in 0.4, but not in 0.52 of yaz0r's model viewer.


Will look into that. But I think I already know the issue.
There is in fact two animation formats in KH2, the usual IK based animation system, and a secondary "raw" animation system. While the raw is probably simpler than the first one, my code doesn't support it (yet?). Since the viewer will try to display the first animation it finds, it will usually crash when that first animation is in raw format.
There is a flag in the animation header to tell if it is raw or not, and the plan right now is to just ignore animations with this flag set, probably in next version...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:31 am
Posts: 97
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 2 times
yaz0r wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:
Also, N_ZZ160 can be viewed in 0.4, but not in 0.52 of yaz0r's model viewer.


Will look into that. But I think I already know the issue.
There is in fact two animation formats in KH2, the usual IK based animation system, and a secondary "raw" animation system. While the raw is probably simpler than the first one, my code doesn't support it (yet?). Since the viewer will try to display the first animation it finds, it will usually crash when that first animation is in raw format.
There is a flag in the animation header to tell if it is raw or not, and the plan right now is to just ignore animations with this flag set, probably in next version...


Just wanted to say that was pretty interesting to read. I don't know anything about file formats, but I know a bit about animation. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work with your viewer and whatnot!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:32 am
Posts: 38
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 1 time
SoftIce wrote:
Just wanted to say that was pretty interesting to read. I don't know anything about file formats, but I know a bit about animation. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work with your viewer and whatnot!


I would add that contrary to popular belief, I don't exactly know all the details of the kh2 animation engine. The animations in the viewer works with a mixture of reverse engineered code, statically recompiled code from the original exe, and completely emulated code from the original exe. This is the same approach that I used on kh1 animations and that kkdf2 used too (I used some of the notes kkdf2 made on kh2 to implement my version).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:30 am 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:31 am
Posts: 97
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 2 times
yaz0r wrote:
SoftIce wrote:
Just wanted to say that was pretty interesting to read. I don't know anything about file formats, but I know a bit about animation. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work with your viewer and whatnot!


I would add that contrary to popular belief, I don't exactly know all the details of the kh2 animation engine. The animations in the viewer works with a mixture of reverse engineered code, statically recompiled code from the original exe, and completely emulated code from the original exe. This is the same approach that I used on kh1 animations and that kkdf2 used too (I used some of the notes kkdf2 made on kh2 to implement my version).


Wow, that's kind of more impressive that you and kkf2 were able to make viewers for an animation format that you didn't have all the components to though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 am
Posts: 342
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 21 times
SoftIce wrote:
yaz0r wrote:
SoftIce wrote:
Just wanted to say that was pretty interesting to read. I don't know anything about file formats, but I know a bit about animation. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work with your viewer and whatnot!


I would add that contrary to popular belief, I don't exactly know all the details of the kh2 animation engine. The animations in the viewer works with a mixture of reverse engineered code, statically recompiled code from the original exe, and completely emulated code from the original exe. This is the same approach that I used on kh1 animations and that kkdf2 used too (I used some of the notes kkdf2 made on kh2 to implement my version).


Wow, that's kind of more impressive that you and kkdf2 were able to make viewers for an animation format that you didn't have all the components to though.

But that also means they don't fully understand the format. They just understand it much better than anyone else, except Square Enix, meaning it would be that much harder to make a mset plugin/converter.

_________________
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=13424


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:18 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 am
Posts: 68
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Probably a noob question, but is there a map dumper for a regular version of KHII? The only one I found is for FM+...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:31 am
Posts: 97
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 2 times
BakameExcalibur wrote:
Probably a noob question, but is there a map dumper for a regular version of KHII? The only one I found is for FM+...


This is probably an equally noobish response, but you could try copying your .idx file from the KH2 dvd, and replacing that with the .idx file Falo provides (I'd back up his .idx though). Falo's is a combined .idx file. Then, you can experiment with the nametablebl.txt and see if you can find the file path for the maps from the english version (map/jp/po05.map). I don't know if that would work though, I'm not sure how falo's exe works to dump the files even with the nametable. kkdf2 also wrote a program that lets you dump a file if you know the filename, so even if you don't have the filepath, if the filenames are the same, that could work.

This is all speculation on my part. No clue if anything I suggested actually works. lol


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:28 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 am
Posts: 342
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 21 times
The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

_________________
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=13424


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm
Posts: 73
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 3 times
how do i export the 3d models of the worlds


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 pm 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:08 am
Posts: 342
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 21 times
Since this topic is still up now, I'd like to point out that I have a much more comprehensive list of undiscovered animations, and if anyone's interested I'll release the latest list. Although, with Xeeynamo's new KH2 extractor coming out soon, I may not be able to find anything his won't, so look out for that.

_________________
BBSFM and KH2FM+ saves are compatible with KH2.5. http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?t=13424


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:32 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:52 pm
Posts: 73
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 3 times
Mirrorman95 wrote:
Since this topic is still up now, I'd like to point out that I have a much more comprehensive list of undiscovered animations, and if anyone's interested I'll release the latest list. Although, with Xeeynamo's new KH2 extractor coming out soon, I may not be able to find anything his won't, so look out for that.


how do i export models from the map viewer?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:02 am
Posts: 68
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
I dunno if this is the appropriate topic, but I think I've figured out how to get transparency working with the KH2 plugin for Noesis. Seems to be something to do with the "default blend" setting; for reference, I've used Selphie (pay attention to her hair).

Without default blend: Image

Now, with default blend turned on: Image


See the difference? Now if only I could write code (I barely know HTML >_>; ), I'd try to figure out how to enable blending by default for the plugin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:07 pm
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 1 time
Have thanks: 2 times
God job :wink: , I tried it whit Sephiroth and it works fine, thanks to verybody =D
If you want to know a lots of thing we are curetly working on let the plugin reading the MSET.

Follow us here:[url] :wink: :) :mrgreen: :P
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7069[/url]

However i will speak about thins things to revelations(Plugin autor) and i will ask if can add this to default =D

Thankyou very much for the sharing =D

However, I re-say:

Follow Us:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7069 :wink: :) :P

By:

Xemny

_________________
My Signature:

Image Image Image



動力 馳森林熾!!! __物昨森林棋?!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:35 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 10:12 pm
Posts: 60
Has thanked: 18 times
Have thanks: 2 times
The KH2DumperX didn't extract any map files for me, so I guess it's still Falo's or yaz0r's dumper for them. Also, does anybody know which image format the .imd files in the itempic folder are?



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group