XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:17 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
 Post subject: Re: Kingdom Hearts 2 Map files
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 2:08 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 21 times

ultimaespio wrote:
Quite interesting. In the cutscene animations for Destiny islands, there is a folder for a model called h_ex860. Tried dumping with kkdf2's stuff, file does not exist.

There's a few animations for this model too.

I only see one animation, in the di folder.

Also, N_ZZ160 can be viewed in 0.4, but not in 0.52 of yaz0r's model viewer.

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:08 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 1 time
Mirrorman95 wrote:

Will look into that. But I think I already know the issue.
There is in fact two animation formats in KH2, the usual IK based animation system, and a secondary "raw" animation system. While the raw is probably simpler than the first one, my code doesn't support it (yet?). Since the viewer will try to display the first animation it finds, it will usually crash when that first animation is in raw format.
There is a flag in the animation header to tell if it is raw or not, and the plan right now is to just ignore animations with this flag set, probably in next version...

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 9:15 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 2 times
yaz0r wrote:
Mirrorman95 wrote:

Will look into that. But I think I already know the issue.
There is in fact two animation formats in KH2, the usual IK based animation system, and a secondary "raw" animation system. While the raw is probably simpler than the first one, my code doesn't support it (yet?). Since the viewer will try to display the first animation it finds, it will usually crash when that first animation is in raw format.
There is a flag in the animation header to tell if it is raw or not, and the plan right now is to just ignore animations with this flag set, probably in next version...

Just wanted to say that was pretty interesting to read. I don't know anything about file formats, but I know a bit about animation. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work with your viewer and whatnot!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:52 pm 
beginner

SoftIce wrote:
Just wanted to say that was pretty interesting to read. I don't know anything about file formats, but I know a bit about animation. Thanks for sharing and all your hard work with your viewer and whatnot!

I would add that contrary to popular belief, I don't exactly know all the details of the kh2 animation engine. The animations in the viewer works with a mixture of reverse engineered code, statically recompiled code from the original exe, and completely emulated code from the original exe. This is the same approach that I used on kh1 animations and that kkdf2 used too (I used some of the notes kkdf2 made on kh2 to implement my version).

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:30 am 
veteran

yaz0r wrote:
SoftIce wrote:

I would add that contrary to popular belief, I don't exactly know all the details of the kh2 animation engine. The animations in the viewer works with a mixture of reverse engineered code, statically recompiled code from the original exe, and completely emulated code from the original exe. This is the same approach that I used on kh1 animations and that kkdf2 used too (I used some of the notes kkdf2 made on kh2 to implement my version).

Wow, that's kind of more impressive that you and kkf2 were able to make viewers for an animation format that you didn't have all the components to though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 1:07 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

SoftIce wrote:
yaz0r wrote:
SoftIce wrote:

Wow, that's kind of more impressive that you and kkdf2 were able to make viewers for an animation format that you didn't have all the components to though.

But that also means they don't fully understand the format. They just understand it much better than anyone else, except Square Enix, meaning it would be that much harder to make a mset plugin/converter.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 7:18 pm 
advanced

Probably a noob question, but is there a map dumper for a regular version of KHII? The only one I found is for FM+...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:29 pm 
veteran

BakameExcalibur wrote:
Probably a noob question, but is there a map dumper for a regular version of KHII? The only one I found is for FM+...

This is probably an equally noobish response, but you could try copying your .idx file from the KH2 dvd, and replacing that with the .idx file Falo provides (I'd back up his .idx though). Falo's is a combined .idx file. Then, you can experiment with the nametablebl.txt and see if you can find the file path for the maps from the english version (map/jp/po05.map). I don't know if that would work though, I'm not sure how falo's exe works to dump the files even with the nametable. kkdf2 also wrote a program that lets you dump a file if you know the filename, so even if you don't have the filepath, if the filenames are the same, that could work.

This is all speculation on my part. No clue if anything I suggested actually works. lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:28 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

The contents of this post was deleted because of possible forum rules violation.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:16 pm 
advanced

Have thanks: 3 times
how do i export the 3d models of the worlds

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:00 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Since this topic is still up now, I'd like to point out that I have a much more comprehensive list of undiscovered animations, and if anyone's interested I'll release the latest list. Although, with Xeeynamo's new KH2 extractor coming out soon, I may not be able to find anything his won't, so look out for that.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:32 pm 
advanced

Have thanks: 3 times
Mirrorman95 wrote:
Since this topic is still up now, I'd like to point out that I have a much more comprehensive list of undiscovered animations, and if anyone's interested I'll release the latest list. Although, with Xeeynamo's new KH2 extractor coming out soon, I may not be able to find anything his won't, so look out for that.

how do i export models from the map viewer?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:18 pm 
advanced

I dunno if this is the appropriate topic, but I think I've figured out how to get transparency working with the KH2 plugin for Noesis. Seems to be something to do with the "default blend" setting; for reference, I've used Selphie (pay attention to her hair).

Without default blend: Image

Now, with default blend turned on: Image

See the difference? Now if only I could write code (I barely know HTML >_>; ), I'd try to figure out how to enable blending by default for the plugin.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:35 pm 
advanced

God job :wink: , I tried it whit Sephiroth and it works fine, thanks to verybody =D
If you want to know a lots of thing we are curetly working on let the plugin reading the MSET.

Follow us here:[url] :wink: :) :mrgreen: :P
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7069[/url]

However i will speak about thins things to revelations(Plugin autor) and i will ask if can add this to default =D

Thankyou very much for the sharing =D

However, I re-say:

Follow Us:
http://forum.xentax.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7069 :wink: :) :P

By:

Xemny

Image Image Image

動力 馳森林熾!!! __物昨森林棋?!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 4:35 pm 
advanced

The KH2DumperX didn't extract any map files for me, so I guess it's still Falo's or yaz0r's dumper for them. Also, does anybody know which image format the .imd files in the itempic folder are?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 192 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next