XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Tue Jan 22, 2019 2:57 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Tue Nov 20, 2018 9:57 am 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1746
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1195 times
Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools

Current version extracts static models and textures. Skeletal models also supported, but will be exported static. Car wheels and some other parts will be not in correct positions. This may be corrected with future adding their skeletons and weights. You can convert maps (tracks/courses) with this tool, after you extract the track from PACK file with GTS_Pack tool.

IMPORTANT NOTE. The tool extracts the highest LOD of game data. Many car parts are using tesselation. These meshes are marked with "_T" in their name. Thats why they look like they are low detail. But actually those are highest quality meshes. This tech was also used in GT6.

You can read about what is tesselation here:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/ ... st.307532/

Usage: drop model file onto the tool.

OBJ & ASCII files will be created. ASCII will have all UV layers.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Last edited by daemon1 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 12:59 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1746
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1195 times
The new version of model tool that fixes lots of problems is uploaded.

Changes:
- all UV types supported
- texture pack extraction support (drop texture file onto the tool)
- PACK unpacker added (GTS_Pack) to unpack tracks
- ASCII files split in 100MB parts


Last edited by daemon1 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 4:26 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sun Sep 28, 2014 1:51 pm
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
daemon1 wrote:
The new version of model tool that fixes lots of problems is uploaded.
I will describe it later.

Plase write detailed instructions step by step


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 9:13 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:12 pm
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 0 time
is it possible to extract files from a *.pkg game archive? or how exactly we can find the models to convert them with your tools?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2018 10:01 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1746
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1195 times
i cant post gttool here, its posted there:
https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8916


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:20 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri Jul 28, 2017 4:12 pm
Posts: 16
Has thanked: 5 times
Have thanks: 0 time
how can i import ascii files? with which software?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 5:38 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:27 am
Posts: 273
Has thanked: 98 times
Have thanks: 38 times
Gta5KoRn wrote:
how can i import ascii files? with which software?

Both Noesis and Blender can import it.
Blender just needs the XPS XNALara plugin/script, and for Noesis you can get it here, or in most posts or tools by ID-Daemon viewtopic.php?p=140154#p140154


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:56 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 212
Location: France
Has thanked: 137 times
Have thanks: 32 times
Very nice daemon1 !

Now we need the same for Driveclub. ; P

_________________
My Mediafire Folder : http://www.mediafire.com/?sbd2c9r8ok3u3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:58 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1746
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1195 times
zaykho wrote:
Very nice daemon1 !

Now we need the same for Driveclub. ; P

i know, but i'm working on GT6 now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:42 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 pm
Posts: 212
Location: France
Has thanked: 137 times
Have thanks: 32 times
daemon1 wrote:
i know, but i'm working on GT6 now


No problem, I would be happy to have a tool for GT6 too ! ; D

_________________
My Mediafire Folder : http://www.mediafire.com/?sbd2c9r8ok3u3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:43 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:37 am
Posts: 7
Has thanked: 9 times
Have thanks: 2 times
Gta5KoRn wrote:
is it possible to extract files from a *.pkg game archive? or how exactly we can find the models to convert them with your tools?


I've attached the car list and track list... all the versions of the tools so far... and some info to help 1st timers...

after running GT TOOL to decrypt/extract the GT??.VOL files (the files that are inside the .PKG usually, except when running or unpacked via the FW5.05FakePKGtools on PC)

cars are found in "CAR"
use the BRAND code / CAR code list to identify easily between the up-to 205 cars...
the files you want to use GTS MDL with are :
HQ/BODY or HQ/WHEEL for cars parts...
RACE/BODY or RACE/WHEEL
but each car has an "INTERIOR" too, which also with give you textures and 3D...
and most of the files you get have MULTIPLE LODs which you'll appreciate are much easier to identify since sub-meshes with tessellation are now marked with "_T"
textures get extracted in .DDS (DXT10) convert to .BMP for eg... (can't link the tool yet)
(if you want to from there, i like to use ImBatch to .TGA > .PNG with a Vertical Flip)
regardless there is some work to do assigning textures for now but texture coordinates are there afaik...


tracks are in "CRS"
likewise use the list provided for reference...
info on merging / unPACKing etc in the attachment too

fonts are in "FONT/PS4/FONTS/ LATIN, LETS, MORISAWA, NUM, SST... in .OTF (OpenType) or .TTF (TrueType) (both seem to work on w10 for eg)

also all the MUSEUM images are normal .JPG
1920x1270 (400 DPI 24 bit sRGB) (they used PhotoShop CS3 apparently for some)
1919x1280 (300 DPI 24 bit) (DxO Optics Pro 6.5.1 build 8012)
1287x1280 (1200 DPI 24 bit sRGB) (PhotoShop CS6 - Win)
etc etc...

and
CARPARTS/HQ for more Wheels it seems use GTS MDL

GRANDTOP/SCAPES has .JXR files you view / convert to .TIF 1 at a time using a free photoshop plugin...
can then use techniques mentioned above to convert to .PNG or other without brightness problem... afaik...

2/3 .MP4 videos in "MOVIE" work in VLC (one of them is diff in v1.00 compared to v1.14)

also the files in "CHARACTER" mostly work with the MDL tool too...for eg...
BG060 > BG060.obj & BG060.ascii pop out, along with the folder of textures (.DDS DXT10)
HM037 for example is a HELMET :) and .TXS files too from LIVERY/DECAL/TXS etc

and there are .PNG files in LIVERY/LIVERY_SET/?? 304 diff folders... 1 in each...


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:48 pm
Posts: 64
Has thanked: 23 times
Have thanks: 6 times
solidpoke412 wrote:
Gta5KoRn wrote:
is it possible to extract files from a *.pkg game archive? or how exactly we can find the models to convert them with your tools?


I've attached the car list and track list... all the versions of the tools so far... and some info to help 1st timers...

after running GT TOOL to decrypt/extract the GT??.VOL files (the files that are inside the .PKG usually, except when running or unpacked via the FW5.05FakePKGtools on PC)

cars are found in "CAR"
use the BRAND code / CAR code list to identify easily between the up-to 205 cars...
the files you want to use GTS MDL with are :
HQ/BODY or HQ/WHEEL for cars parts...
RACE/BODY or RACE/WHEEL
but each car has an "INTERIOR" too, which also with give you textures and 3D...
and most of the files you get have MULTIPLE LODs which you'll appreciate are much easier to identify since sub-meshes with tessellation are now marked with "_T"
textures get extracted in .DDS (DXT10) convert to .BMP for eg... (can't link the tool yet)
(if you want to from there, i like to use ImBatch to .TGA > .PNG with a Vertical Flip)
regardless there is some work to do assigning textures for now but texture coordinates are there afaik...


tracks are in "CRS"
likewise use the list provided for reference...
info on merging / unPACKing etc in the attachment too

fonts are in "FONT/PS4/FONTS/ LATIN, LETS, MORISAWA, NUM, SST... in .OTF (OpenType) or .TTF (TrueType) (both seem to work on w10 for eg)

also all the MUSEUM images are normal .JPG
1920x1270 (400 DPI 24 bit sRGB) (they used PhotoShop CS3 apparently for some)
1919x1280 (300 DPI 24 bit) (DxO Optics Pro 6.5.1 build 8012)
1287x1280 (1200 DPI 24 bit sRGB) (PhotoShop CS6 - Win)
etc etc...

and
CARPARTS/HQ for more Wheels it seems use GTS MDL

GRANDTOP/SCAPES has .JXR files you view / convert to .TIF 1 at a time using a free photoshop plugin...
can then use techniques mentioned above to convert to .PNG or other without brightness problem... afaik...

2/3 .MP4 videos in "MOVIE" work in VLC (one of them is diff in v1.00 compared to v1.14)

also the files in "CHARACTER" mostly work with the MDL tool too...for eg...
BG060 > BG060.obj & BG060.ascii pop out, along with the folder of textures (.DDS DXT10)
HM037 for example is a HELMET :) and .TXS files too from LIVERY/DECAL/TXS etc

and there are .PNG files in LIVERY/LIVERY_SET/?? 304 diff folders... 1 in each...


...something's wrong with attached file, it is corrupted...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:21 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Sep 15, 2018 2:37 am
Posts: 7
Has thanked: 9 times
Have thanks: 2 times
rex1825 wrote:
...something's wrong with attached file, it is corrupted...


seems ok with WINRAR 5.50... i had to make a smaller .rar then i expected at first...
here are all the tool versions that i omitted earlier... because 256kb/1 attachment only is quite annoying...
GT TOOL is 1MB and hasn't changed since ID-DAEMON first compiled it afaik...
so use his link https://zenhax.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=8916


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Last edited by solidpoke412 on Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:29 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:25 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:48 pm
Posts: 64
Has thanked: 23 times
Have thanks: 6 times
solidpoke412 wrote:
rex1825 wrote:
...something's wrong with attached file, it is corrupted...


seems ok with WINRAR 5.50


...lol me, using old WinRar 4.xx :)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Gran Turismo Sport (GTS/GT7) model tools
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:44 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Wed Aug 13, 2014 7:48 pm
Posts: 64
Has thanked: 23 times
Have thanks: 6 times
Wondering if updated files 1.31 from PS4 PKG Viewer can be used for model extraction?


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ghostx2015, huchi001, sirnaut and 4 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group