XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 2:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Help with vertices blocks and faces data!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 11:33 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
here are two files: One is from fifa11, second from fifa14. Can someone help me converting fifa 11 to fifa14. I've decompressed files.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Post subject: Re: Help with vertices blocks and faces data!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:07 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Have thanks: 1278 times
mita996 wrote:
here are two files: One is from fifa11, second from fifa14. Can someone help me converting fifa 11 to fifa14.
From my experience you'll need a full format analysis (of fifa14, at least) for such; a tedious task generally.
(They changed from big endian to little endian, btw, a minor problem.)

Face indices blocks and vertex blocks seem to have identical lengths. So in this case the conversion might be possible and simple, can't guarantee, though. With little coding skills you can just do a "big to little endian" conversion and then copy the binary blocks (FIs and vertex) to the fifa14 head.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Last edited by shakotay2 on Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:14 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
here are two files: One is from fifa11, second from fifa14. Can someone help me converting fifa 11 to fifa14.
From my experience you'll need a full format analysis (of fifa14, at least) for such; a tedious task generally.
(They changed from big endian to little endian, btw, a minor problem.)

Actually the fifa 14 head is fifa12, but I converted to fifa14. What can I do precise, sorry I"m noob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:17 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

mita996 wrote:
Actually the fifa 14 head is fifa12, but I converted to fifa14. What can I do precise, sorry I"m noob
yeah, I was just "expanding" my post. Do you have any coding skills?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:21 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
yeah, I was just "expanding" my post. Do you have any coding skills?

No master :( But I have a will :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:36 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

mita996 wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:
[...]Do you have any coding skills?

yeah, that's good :) , but not sufficient - 2969 vertex blocks have to be treated via code.
(I'm too busy to care for it atm, maybe later, when I have more spare time.)

(If you have a professional hex editor which can swap data endianess, you could treat the complete blocks, but sadly I don't know the name of such an editor. A, well, forget about this, we've 16 and 32 bit values here to be swapped. Could work, though, swapping 32 bit, BUT tx and ty would be exchanged then.)

Attachments:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:51 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:

yeah, that's good :) , but not sufficient - 2969 vertex blocks have to be treated via code.

(If you have a professional hex editor which can swap data endianess, you could treat the complete blocks, but sadly I don't know the name of such an editor. A, well, forget about this, we've 16 and 32 bit values here to be swapped.)

Ooo it beats me. Can you just one favor for me. I have 5 files need to convert. When you have time, one week, two weeks, not worries. It will take years to understand this... Can I send you files?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:05 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
shakotay2 wrote:

(If you have a professional hex editor which can swap data endianess, you could treat the complete blocks, but sadly I don't know the name of such an editor. A, well, forget about this, we've 16 and 32 bit values here to be swapped. Could work, though, swapping 32 bit, BUT tx and ty would be exchanged then.)

You are geniuos, when you have time could you convert these files. There are one scoreboard from fifa 11 and head from fifa11. I've posted also this head, and that makes 2 head files and one scoreboard. I will really appreciate that :)))

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 1:46 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

mita996 wrote:
You are geniuos,
yeah, if I were... :cry: sadly I'm not. I'm trying to reach the "next level" since years now... :D and there's too many of them.

Anyways I made a quick 32 bit endianess swap of FIs' and vertex block data of the fifa11 head and pasted them into the fifa12 head. uvs are swapped, too, tx and ty, that's not intended but this file should serve as a testing case only. So all 32 bit data in the 32 BYTES vertex block is swapped. There's a good chance this head may crash the fifa12 game. You have been warned!

fifa12-head ("converted" from fifa11):

Attachments:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:14 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
You are geniuos,
yeah, if I were... :cry: sadly I'm not. I'm trying to reach the "next level" since years now... :D and there's too many of them.

Anyways I made a quick 32 bit endianess swap of FIs' and vertex block data of the fifa11 head and pasted them into the fifa12 head. uvs are swapped, too, tx and ty, that's not intended but this file should serve as a testing case only. So all 32 bit data in the 32 BYTES vertex block is swapped. There's a good chance this head may crash the fifa12 game. You have been warned!

Not very recent one good guy said this to me and he successed, but it will help: I copied vertices block and faces data from Fifa 11 file to Fifa 12 file. Then I added new data offsets for each data, vertices and faces number values, data block sizes in Fifa 12 header.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:36 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

mita996 wrote:
Then I added new data offsets for each data, vertices and faces number values, data block sizes in Fifa 12 header.
I wouldn't know why you should do that with the head I uploaded because counts and block sizes didn't change.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 3:43 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
Then I added new data offsets for each data, vertices and faces number values, data block sizes in Fifa 12 header.
I wouldn't know why you should do that with the head I uploaded because counts and block sizes didn't change.

I thought it will be helpful. Looking forward in the files that I uploaded, of course, when you have time. I will now check the head, that you converted :)

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:10 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
You are geniuos,

There are some good and some bad news. The good news is that it can be open in cm15 and has no crush in game. But have some head bugs. Take a look

Attachments:

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:21 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

mita996 wrote:
The good news is that it can be open in cm15 and has no crush in game.
"No crush" is great! :D (you usually speak of "crash" or freezing)
Quote:
But have some head bugs. Take a look
well, I'm not surprised; as I wrote, tx and ty are swapped. You need to combine 16 bit and 32 bit data endianess swapping in the vertex block to leave the uvs in tx, ty order.
But that would require some coding; it's easy but I'm too busy atm to care for it.

It's simple swapping of bytes in a binary file, you seriously should think about learning basic coding.

A function would go like this (parameters): starting offset, FVFsize, vertexCount, sizeofdata, dataPos, dataCount
sizeofdata, dataPos, dataCount for the vertices: 4, 0, 3
for the uvs: 2, 20, 2

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:48 pm 
n00b

shakotay2 wrote:
mita996 wrote:
The good news is that it can be open in cm15 and has no crush in game.
"No crush" is great! :D (you usually speak of "crash" or freezing)
Quote:
But have some head bugs. Take a look
well, I'm not surprised; as I wrote, tx and ty are swapped. You need to combine 16 bit and 32 bit data endianess swapping in the vertex block to leave the uvs in tx, ty order.
But that would require some coding; it's easy but I'm too busy atm to care for it.

It's simple swapping of bytes in a binary file, you seriously should think about learning basic coding.

A function would go like this (parameters): starting offset, FVFsize, vertexCount, sizeofdata, dataPos, dataCount
sizeofdata, dataPos, dataCount for the vertices: 4, 0, 3
for the uvs: 2, 20, 2

Mate, I would try, but please, when you have time. One week, or whatever, all these 2 heads and one big scoreboard. That is all. I will owe you, and I will try afterwards to practise the coding