Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Jurassic World Evolution
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:39 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

lionheartuk wrote:
therealdeal wrote:
where is this tool to download i cant seem to find it

daemon01 has removed the tool for the moment whilst he adds some updates to it.

You'll find it here when its done: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18879

Which is exactly whats been asked, and written in the last 4 posts above yours.

Tool can be found on Page 1 of this Thread :)

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:44 am 
ultra-n00b

Any reason why the tool keeps crashing on me? I open it, black screen for a while then crash.

You are doing god's work tho!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 4:21 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 33 times
ttakeshi98 wrote:
Any reason why the tool keeps crashing on me? I open it, black screen for a while then crash.

That's because you do not open it like a regular executable, by double clicking it, you simply follow the instructions given accordingly and it will work, you run it through command prompt.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 2:05 am 
ultra-n00b

ttakeshi98 wrote:

You are doing god's work tho!

Yeah I literally just dragged the .ovl file onto the JurassicWE .exe file and it extracted a bunch of files I can open with Noesis. My problem is that I can't get any results better than this:

I know there is way more to the textures than I'm finding (pretty much just the diffuse and normal map) but I just don't know enough about the blended weights file to use it. I'm used to using diffuse maps with normal, bump, spec, etc.. Thank you for this tool though, Daemon!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:42 am 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Have thanks: 22 times
cruizeez96 wrote:
ttakeshi98 wrote:

I know there is way more to the textures than I'm finding (pretty much just the diffuse and normal map) but I just don't know enough about the blended weights file to use it. I'm used to using diffuse maps with normal, bump, spec, etc.. Thank you for this tool though, Daemon!

Can you explain the issue a bit more?

The game uses a detail normal that tiles, but its likely to be a shared detail normal across several dinosaurs.
Blended weights and textures are two unrelated things.
Games with normal & bump? Thats weird, are you sure thats correct, no games I can think of use both of those formats, are you sure you aren't mistaking a heightmap or a roughness/metallic map for a bump map?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:50 am 
ultra-n00b

lionheartuk wrote:
cruizeez96 wrote:
ttakeshi98 wrote:

Can you explain the issue a bit more?

The game uses a detail normal that tiles, but its likely to be a shared detail normal across several dinosaurs.
Blended weights and textures are two unrelated things.
Games with normal & bump? Thats weird, are you sure thats correct, no games I can think of use both of those formats, are you sure you aren't mistaking a heightmap or a roughness/metallic map for a bump map?

Sorry I’m sure that was a really confusing post. I know very little about the rendering process in videogames (and just rendering in general). I usually render stuff in DAZ Studio (noob software, I know) and many models do use both normal maps and bump maps.

I’m pretty much having the same problem that another user in this thread had. I’m struggling to understand how these textures/maps result in the super detailed skins we see in-game.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 3:32 pm 
n00b

Yes it exist a way for better texturing... but it is a long way to bring good results

First of all.. the skin pattern texture, dosn't have uv mapping.. so this must be created manually.. the diffuse color must be changed too "if you wanna have different skin colors"..
I worked now more or less since release of this tool on it, and self this isn't completely perfect at the moment

Small Update

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:08 pm 
ultra-n00b

Mcflyhigh1 wrote:
Yes it exist a way for better texturing... but it is a long way to bring good results

First of all.. the skin pattern texture, dosn't have uv mapping.. so this must be created manually.. the diffuse color must be changed too "if you wanna have different skin colors"..
I worked now more or less since release of this tool on it, and self this isn't completely perfect at the moment

Small Update

That looks awesome! Just like in-game. I just don’t understand which texture file contained all the details in the skin in your render. Is it the Normal map? Because even when I crank that really high it just enhances the folds/creases in the skin, which is what normal maps are supposed to do I guess. I just can’t get any of the scales and fine details to show up.

Edit: Also, how did you get the Jeep model in your picture? Did you use the same tool posted earlier or is that from another game?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:11 pm 
n00b

cruizeez96 wrote:
Mcflyhigh1 wrote:

Small Update

That looks awesome! Just like in-game. I just don’t understand which texture file contained all the details in the skin in your render. Is it the Normal map? Because even when I crank that really high it just enhances the folds/creases in the skin, which is what normal maps are supposed to do I guess. I just can’t get any of the scales and fine details to show up.

Edit: Also, how did you get the Jeep model in your picture? Did you use the same tool posted earlier or is that from another game?

The Jeep Wrangler is mine... i build it 2 Years ago for a JP Game Project. "together with the ML 320 and the Fleetwood etc".

The Skin is a good Question, you have to use different versions of the diffuse map "red,green and blue" and combinate this 3 maps in your bump map area...
second step is... find the file : DinosaurCommon (to find in Dinosaurs/Shared)... there will you find every pattern what frontier used.... BUT !!!! thats a imagine of 500 x 35000 pixel with EVERY pattern version what exist... so you have to copy and paste, the pattern what you need and this pattern dosn't have uvw coordinates... so you have to create own uvw mapping for this texture.... after the copy and paste acting, you have to create green, blue and red layers too, and to put them into your bump map thread... so yep it is complicated !!!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:43 am 
ultra-n00b

Mcflyhigh1 wrote:
The Skin is a good Question, you have to use different versions of the diffuse map "red,green and blue" and combinate this 3 maps in your bump map area...
second step is... find the file : DinosaurCommon (to find in Dinosaurs/Shared)... there will you find every pattern what frontier used.... BUT !!!! thats a imagine of 500 x 35000 pixel with EVERY pattern version what exist... so you have to copy and paste, the pattern what you need and this pattern dosn't have uvw coordinates... so you have to create own uvw mapping for this texture.... after the copy and paste acting, you have to create green, blue and red layers too, and to put them into your bump map thread... so yep it is complicated !!!!!

Thank you!! I knew there was more to rendering these dinos than the textures within each .ovl file. The Shared .ovl file is exactly what I was looking for.

It looks like there are 64 patterns within the larger texture file and 52 textures in the Normal map file. Did you happen to jot down or have a list of the order of these skins? I'm going to try to separate them to make it a bit more easy to manage them.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:27 am 
n00b

cruizeez96 wrote:
Mcflyhigh1 wrote:

Thank you!! I knew there was more to rendering these dinos than the textures within each .ovl file. The Shared .ovl file is exactly what I was looking for.

It looks like there are 64 patterns within the larger texture file and 52 textures in the Normal map file. Did you happen to jot down or have a list of the order of these skins? I'm going to try to separate them to make it a bit more easy to manage them.

Nothing to thank, you're welcome :)

No i dosn't wrote a list for the pattern texture, and dosn't use the pattern normal maps or the standard diffuse map... i created a bump map for the trex pattern and created a mixed texture out of the diffuse and the pattern texture to get the skin illusion... i created some displacement maps... own normal maps... own diffuse maps.. own pattern maps