XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Nov 12, 2018 10:58 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:10 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Posts: 254
Has thanked: 40 times
Have thanks: 213 times

The ones with the "_gpu" in the name are model data. They seem to be exactly like the files extracted from the lodpack.

I tried making a tool for loading those files automatically, but files with multiple meshes aren't working that well. Here is some stuff from "MG_heroa00_0_gpu". Looks like the model of the kid.

Image

The ones with fewer meshes are better / more complete. Here is one model I extracted earlier from the lodpack.

Image

There is probably a file with offsets to load the model data properly. I will check out your samples more thoroughly when I have the time.

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 4:17 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:06 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
akderebur wrote:
The ones with the "_gpu" in the name are model data. They seem to be exactly like the files extracted from the lodpack.

I tried making a tool for loading those files automatically, but files with multiple meshes aren't working that well. Here is some stuff from "MG_heroa00_0_gpu". Looks like the model of the kid.

Image

The ones with fewer meshes are better / more complete. Here is one model I extracted earlier from the lodpack.

Image

There is probably a file with offsets to load the model data properly. I will check out your samples more thoroughly when I have the time.


Great!, i'm surprised this happens. However this i wasn't figuring as much finding Kratos. But this was the model of Kratos i found.

I'm only trying to get the Dragon model where Sindri was being attacked. I'd love to have it with the textures. So It's probably r_dragon00.wad.
---

Besides, was there any possible way for the textures?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:28 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1123 times
akderebur wrote:
Here is some stuff from "MG_heroa00_0_gpu". Looks like the model of the kid.

Image


No, the kid is in the file called "son". This one is kratos. You can clearly see his beard and his knife.

Image

the file is so big because he's there with all of his stuff:

Image

and of course textures are extractable

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:45 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Posts: 254
Has thanked: 40 times
Have thanks: 213 times
daemon1 wrote:
No, the kid is in the file called "son". This one is kratos. You can clearly see his beard and his knife.

Lol, that was a beard? I thought it was something else. I didn't know that Kratos carried a bag, so I went with the kid. Need to play the game some time :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 7:02 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:06 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
daemon1 wrote:
akderebur wrote:
Here is some stuff from "MG_heroa00_0_gpu". Looks like the model of the kid.

Image


No, the kid is in the file called "son". This one is kratos. You can clearly see his beard and his knife.

Image

the file is so big because he's there with all of his stuff:

Image

and of course textures are extractable

Image


Didn't expect things to go fast. I hoped there will be simple ways to get them, by creating a tool for the mesh, textures.

Wasn't sure where to find the textures. But i don't know how did you opened them


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:12 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:06 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Any news lately?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:16 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1123 times
i'm not working on this game. I just did some tests to check the formats.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 4:54 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:06 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
daemon1 wrote:
i'm not working on this game. I just did some tests to check the formats.

Oh... I was atleast curious how the models was opened and viewed. Just a simple thought. I'm not only hex editor or programmer like others. (I wasn't here for the game, but i just needed the dragon model with the textures)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:09 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1123 times
Neverstops wrote:
Oh... I was atleast curious how the models was opened and viewed. Just a simple thought. I'm not only hex editor or programmer like others.

i'm not sure what you mean, but i can tell you i made a quick research, made a test tool and extracted kratos & thor models/textures with it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:56 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:06 am
Posts: 9
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
daemon1 wrote:
Neverstops wrote:
Oh... I was atleast curious how the models was opened and viewed. Just a simple thought. I'm not only hex editor or programmer like others.

i'm not sure what you mean, but i can tell you i made a quick research, made a test tool and extracted kratos & thor models/textures with it.

I almost thought you'd release the tools (Atleast if they were still a test), but it seems you have made a good work to it. I'd also want to give the tool a try if it were


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2018 6:42 am 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1123 times
Neverstops wrote:
I almost thought you'd release the tools (Atleast if they were still a test)

a test tool is called test tool because it can only work for tests, and not real extraction by end users. In other words, it can only extract kratos & thor, and it requires some manual operations (like hex cut/paste) and corrections to code, which makes it impossible to use by users.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:15 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Mon Aug 11, 2014 1:20 am
Posts: 29
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 2 times
whats the vertex count for kratos model?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2018 10:54 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 3:32 am
Posts: 81
Has thanked: 28 times
Have thanks: 8 times
daemon1 wrote:
i'm not working on this game. I just did some tests to check the formats.

Are you planning to finish your tool in future? Or you dont want to fully work with that game?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:11 pm 
Offline
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1703
Has thanked: 38 times
Have thanks: 1123 times
dropoff wrote:
daemon1 wrote:
i'm not working on this game. I just did some tests to check the formats.

Are you planning to finish your tool in future? Or you dont want to fully work with that game?

akderebur planned to make tool first
so if he will not finish his, then i will think about it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: GoW Models (PS4)
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2018 4:39 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:36 am
Posts: 254
Has thanked: 40 times
Have thanks: 213 times
daemon1 wrote:
so if he will not finish his, then i will think about it.

Feel free to make a tool. With exams coming up I don't think I will have the time to work on this. Also your progress seems to be already better than mine :D I still haven't got the textures.



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: redtank and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group