All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Please help me obtain Bullet Witch assets
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:08 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 1 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

On the 25th of April, Bullet Witch just got re-released on Steam and since I REALLY like this game and I've recently started learning how to use Unreal Engine 4 to do stuff, I'd like to try importing the game's assets into this vastly superior new engine.
Problem is that since I completely missed the the asset bandwagon back in the day, I now find myself left without a way of getting those assets, for my little project.
I know noesis has a plug-in for extracting them, but I have no idea on HOW to use noesis, I can't seem to find any tutorials to this end and all the links I could find to Bullet Witch asset packs are long since dead and gone.

So I beg of you, does anyone here still happen to either have the game's assets lying about somewhere, or be willing to re-extract them now please?

I would like to get every one of the game's assets but, failing that, just obtain as many of them as I still can.

Post subject: Re: Please help me obtain Bullet Witch assets
PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:18 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 2 times
What do you need exacly ? Here the main character tell me I can show you how it´s done.

https://mega.nz/#!mJtTTRzT!b5pkF9S7xPxVqgPD0hVl1Vnt0BR6IIfuNJdZRP97m9s

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:03 pm 
n00b

I never thought anyone would reply after this much time. Thank you for the model of Alicia.

Basicaly, what I want is to remake the entirety of Bullet Witch, inside the unreal engine, as a learning exercise.
What I need is as many of the game's assets (models, textures, maps, etc.) as possible, in order to remake it as closely as can be done and to easy my own workload while doing so.
The problem is that I only have the steam version, which noesis is not compatible with. Also, I would like to use the steam assets since some of those were enhanced when the game was rereleased.

Thank you again, I really appreciate taking the time to reupload Alicia. Do you have the gunrod by any chance?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:03 pm 
beginner

You're welcome (I know what it feels to seek models and not getting them), the thing is why don't you simply download the 360 version that's what I did it works like a charm with Noesis, if you don't want to bother extracting files from the Xbox ISO I can give them to you then explain how to export them with Noesis but I don't think I'm gonna extract all of them myself. Is that ok with you ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:12 pm 
n00b

Like I said, I wanted to use the steam version both because it's the only version of the game that I own, but also because some of the assets have been reworked and are of higher quality.
I actually did try to find the xbox version, but I wasn't able to. Every avenue turned up nothing but dead links.

My last hope was trying ninja ripper but, for some reason, it dumps all the assets it extracts in the same point in space, so now everything is on top of everything else, making recovery impractical to say the least.

I will do the grunt-work myself, if I had the files and knowledge on using noesis.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:18 pm 
beginner

Will update you when the files are uploaded, the steam version has to be investigate I'll see what I can do but no guarantee.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:23 pm 
n00b

Thank you very much. I had pretty much given up hope on this.

Could you, before anything else, please extract the gunrod as well? I'm rigging Alicia as we speak in UE4 and would like to have the gun as well. Just the basic rifle gunrod.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:59 pm 
beginner

Noesis won't exports its albedo but exports its normal & spec weird since it's ok for the rest of the weapons... Do you still want it anyway ? We talking about the rifle version right ? The shotgun is fine tho if you need something quick.

Last edited by Resiliaxia on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:02 pm 
n00b

The rifle is fine. The tutorial I'm following uses a rifle.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:20 pm 
beginner

The rifle was missing one texture I may have confused you but nevermind I found it hidden else where weird you'll see why when you'll have the files in hand tommorow (I'll upload the whole game during the night, yes I'm going to sleep in a bit) https://mega.nz/#!2Fsz1bIS!6FitaJx6B81HjBXI0WcEucYePnl8h8LQHuR96uOVHzQ

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:29 pm 
n00b

I cannot even begin to thank you enough. I honestly thought I would either have to give up on this or trudge through with ninjaripper. THANK YOU!

Heh, so it isn't a single model, but a series of 5.

Well, goodnight. Sweet dreams!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 11:52 pm 
beginner

Yeah even Alicia but I cleaned her up regrouping her meshes by UV groups when necessary, for exemple her face was splitted in two unconfortable parts while they were part of the same UV I merged her face's verts in Maya with a threshold of 0,001 because it screws up with a bigger value due to the object scale. Anyhow I also delete copies of materials in the Hypershade and reasigned the lasting ones to its meshes if possible, that's my method at least I didn't group the rifle since these are parts that are supposed to be animated like Alicia. Don't sweat it I'm happy to land a hand and support this project, see you thanks you too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:11 am 
n00b

So, after messing with the Alicia model and trying to figure out why some of the animations look off, I've found a number of issues with the model. I thought they were just problems with the original model, but now I think they are maybe issues from maya.

Issues I've found so far are as follows:

- original .fbx file can't be used as is. Trying to import it in UE4 only produces a blob, while trying to import it in blender, gives an ".fbx 6100 not supported, must be .fbx 7100 or later" error message.
- the model is absolutely TINY as is. I have to import it with scale value at 100.
- bone 002 (pelvis) and bone 004 (first spine bone) aren't connected.
- bone 001 is occupying the same space as bone 000 and isn't connected to anything.
- there's something wrong with her left shoulder, where bones 040 and 041 are either not connected or connected weirdly and it's messing with my attempts to animate the model.
- there are two IK bones (bone 027 and bone 084) that are occupying the same space. IK bone 027 is only connected to bone 026 (hand bone) and nothing else (in the default UE4 model, the corresponding IK bone is connected to the hand at one end and the root bone at the other end). IK bone 084 starts from the same area as bone 000 and ends at bone 026 but it isn't connected to anything at any end.

Last edited by BCRS on Sat Jul 21, 2018 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:35 am 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Have thanks: 1226 times
Resiliaxia wrote:
Yeah even Alicia but I cleaned her up
thanks! :)

What about these lines? They make the blender 2.75 wavefront obj importer stop working:
vt 1.#INF00 1.#INF00 0.000000

(replacing by vt 0.0 0.0 0.0
works, where the last 0.0 is superfluous btw)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 2:40 pm 
beginner

shakotay2 wrote:
What about these lines? They make the blender 2.75 wavefront obj importer stop working:
vt 1.#INF00 1.#INF00 0.000000

Wait I just realized the files I gave were not the "fixed" version mine got rid of the rig since modifying topology unskin the model, try this one instead. (attached file)
BCRS wrote:
So, after messing with the Alicia model and trying to figure out why some of the animations look off, I've found a number of issues with the model. I thought they were just problems with the original model, but now I think they are maybe issues from maya.

They might but I doubt it here´s the model in two different formats straight out of Noesis I can´t do much about it but tell me if it fixes anything if not you´ll have to redo the rig and for that I recommand cleaning first like I did.
https://mega.nz/#!CB8gVAaD!vQZalYlXtpd8MXWdVK_qXvzO3p4-nbkL8RTRwK5C2xI

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Last edited by Resiliaxia on Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:50 am, edited 5 times in total.