XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Thu May 24, 2018 9:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Final Fantasy Dissidia NT PS4 tools
PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 2:38 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

daemon1 wrote:
kurokairaku wrote:
Lastly, is rigging, or these "drivers"

I can confirm what Crofty said, drivers are used to generate cloth meshes geometry "on-the-fly" and yes, they are usually flat.

kurokairaku wrote:
lastly, do you suppose you could create a python that would combine everything, rather than having to open an ascii one by one?

I'm not making pythons. I could make the tool exporting all drivers in one file, but I dont have time for this now.

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions, sorry for some of my more ignorant questions since this is the first time I ever got to see such things, I only had basic understanding but I never actually applied any physic cloths in games or such. Seeing this makes a lot of sense though so thanks. In order to explain the bones part I sent over some FeW Examples of Olivia.

Sorry for assuming you make pythons, since your tool included a .py file for Noesis. Your DW8-DW9 update unfortunately didn't solve swiss cheese in FeW, but it still nice to see it updated to support new things!

The fact you made it in a week makes me wish I had your knowledge. The things I could do with understanding and coding for a very difficult file type... I still thank you for not only doing this but providing the tool for free, while also saying you will attempt to support past games as well. You are really a good person in that regard and I can't express that enough. This tool is currently the strongest I seen for G1M's, and beats steven gas machine despite the swiss cheese models, and despite the fact it can't really combine all the g1m into one loadable file to export.

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:14 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

Have thanks: 891 times
lionheartuk wrote:
Does this work with the stages

i never tried stages

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 3:58 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

kurokairaku wrote:
Sorry for assuming you make pythons

yes if its really needed, i can make pythons.
In this case, noesis plugin can only be python, so i changed it to load my format.
meanwhile, holes issue fixed

As for your question about "bang" things, yes, these are physics bones, and you can see them extracted. I can also place these bones properly, again, this will take time. Ponytail is made from driver as said before, so it has no bones in its usual meaning.

tool updated!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2018 11:20 pm 
n00b

daemon1 wrote:
kurokairaku wrote:
Sorry for assuming you make pythons

yes if its really needed, i can make pythons.
In this case, noesis plugin can only be python, so i changed it to load my format.
meanwhile, holes issue fixed

As for your question about "bang" things, yes, these are physics bones, and you can see them extracted. I can also place these bones properly, again, this will take time. Ponytail is made from driver as said before, so it has no bones in its usual meaning.

tool updated!

Brilliant, thank you very much for getting this to work even though this tool was originally meant for Dissidia. I look forward to further progress but now this is usuable. Atleast only the drivers are, due to the fact everything is segmented, on imports, duplicate armature gets imported, and not merged. In fact I have really create difficulty merging... One cant even seem. I use FBX to export out of Noesis, since 3DS Max best accepts that type, so how do you export blender?

I look forward to the update where you figure out how to just merge everything into one big file instead though. Thanks for what yo did so far. You might want to look into the normals, they are inverted on import into 3DS Max, not a problem really since I just.. flip em. Not to sure if you already know.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 12:15 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 1 time
For some reason the noesis script is not working properly on the ASCII files, they don't load or export. Most of them I get the standard 'not viewable but may be exportable' thing, but if I try to export, I get another error, "WARNING: Weight contains an out of range bone index. Discarding model". I can't get it to work at all. I always seem to have a lot of trouble with unusual formats. Is there any chance these can be exported to something less complicated, like DAE? Hell, even for my purposes, since I need to re-rig them anyway, I could use them as OBJ...

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:12 am 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

kurokairaku wrote:
I look forward to the update where you figure out how to just merge everything into one big file

I know how to do that. But I will not, because I dont have time for that.
You can do it yourself in max, blender or noesis, its not a problem.

kurokairaku wrote:
You might want to look into the normals, they are inverted on import into 3DS Max

They were totally absent since i added support for more games a few days ago.
Tool updated. Vertex normals must be correct now.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 6:58 pm 
n00b

daemon1 wrote:
I know how to do that. But I will not, because I dont have time for that.
You can do it yourself in max, blender or noesis, its not a problem.

They were totally absent since i added support for more games a few days ago.
Tool updated. Vertex normals must be correct now.

I see, I hope you do eventually find time to make your tool use everything as I'm sure not only will it improve quality of life, but allow the tool to use everything at its disposal, as to not miss bones or what not. Though that's what I hope.

Thank you for what you gave so far and your current updates. I already started to attempt to use this tool in my current work flow of getting out all FeW Models.

Edit: Upon using I found that your latest tool ends up breaking the UV's on anything that is cloth, like this cape here.
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Since I gotta still extract the bin.gz using steven's gas machine I decided to load up the obj it got in order to port the UVW of the cape mesh. Doing that revealed that the original "swisscheese"model syndrome is still there, where every second tri is being effected somehow, the borders of the UV do not match the mesh at all. (Could just "seem" that way)
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Otherwise hopefully the visualization of whats going on helps you in some way.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2018 9:44 pm 
n00b

Excuse me, I have a question.
First of all, thank you for sharing the tool with the community, I'm so glad people are still willing to share their knowledge!
Now, to the actual question. Could someone explain to me how to use the tool? I understand that the .py file is for importing the model in Noesis, but what file should I actually drop on the executable?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:26 am 
n00b

shingenseiji wrote:
Excuse me, I have a question.
First of all, thank you for sharing the tool with the community, I'm so glad people are still willing to share their knowledge!
Now, to the actual question. Could someone explain to me how to use the tool? I understand that the .py file is for importing the model in Noesis, but what file should I actually drop on the executable?

simple question. you want to drag/drop the G1M files onto the exe, idk if doing the same thing for the G1T will work.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 1:24 pm 
n00b

demonslayerx8 wrote:
simple question. you want to drag/drop the G1M files onto the exe, idk if doing the same thing for the G1T will work.

Ok, thank you. And where can I find the G1M files? Should I have a modded PS4 and get tHem myself or did someone share the files somewhere?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:02 pm 
n00b

shingenseiji wrote:
demonslayerx8 wrote:

Ok, thank you. And where can I find the G1M files? Should I have a modded PS4 and get tHem myself or did someone share the files somewhere?

oh.. the files for Dissidia NT are pretty much private, altho been looking daily for viable leaks of the game since I want them too lol

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 2:25 pm 
n00b

demonslayerx8 wrote:
oh.. the files for Dissidia NT are pretty much private, altho been looking daily for viable leaks of the game since I want them too lol

Well, shit... guess I'll have to wait till someone shares them lol. Thanks for the info.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:12 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

kurokairaku wrote:
Otherwise hopefully the visualization of whats going on helps you in some way.

it will NOT help. I need G1M files.

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:14 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

shingenseiji wrote:
I understand that the .py file is for importing the model in Noesis

You can also import ASCII model directly into max or blender

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2018 4:17 pm 
M-M-M-Monster veteran
M-M-M-Monster veteran

demonslayerx8 wrote:
oh.. the files for Dissidia NT

are distributed between people, like it was for all games i did tools for.
It means if you have friends, you will get them soon, because everybody who has files are free to give them to their friends.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next