All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: [MGF] Material & Geometry Format
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2018 1:49 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 115 times

Wow, wow, wow! I only have so many words to express: 'You Guys are Amazing!' I really appreciate having this thing cracked after soooooo long.

@shakotay,
Hmmm, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen Blender have alternate scaling even when using exact game scale values, so thank you for at least making an attempt on that. I'm glad you caught the WordUV change. I was thinking the UV's were looking a bit sharp, so I'm glad that's resolved now before I really start working on exporting even more obj's. That would have been frustrating to manually adjust all of those. Thanks! :D

@AceWell,
Amazing work. Definitely correct, that tackles most of them, definitely the body & face textures are covered. As I move further along I will see what some of the mech & stage textures look like. I did notice that a couple hair textures fell into the swizzle category, so perhaps when you do circle back you could include these in your testing. NAT_hair01 & NAT_hair01.spclr. (in cinema_1_1a.mgf) Totally not a deal breaker since I was already planning to use some better high res textures in that department anyway, but it will be nice to have them as an option down the road.

:gulp: :drunken: :lurk: <3 :bravo: :rock:

Just did a quick Blender test! Now the fun begins of modernizing. :)

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: [Xbox][MGF] MechAssault 2 / Material & Geometry Format
PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:57 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

I updated the first post with a tutorial and a streamed down utility now that it does not need my partial image & meta functions. I know you guys are community champs and not prone to receive anything for your efforts, but if you change your mind please PM me. At least to do my part and help anyone else ever interested, I compiled a tutorial & resources for everything done so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/0765kr4zj ... f_V1.0.zip

I updated the first post as well. If anything is unclear or buggy, please let me know.

At least to show the effort was not in vain and going to use. Here's an implementation of using some of the assets (Left: My conversion, Right: Render from Marketing). After looking through the files and partially replaying the game it would seem Microsoft used some assets to promote the game that were not actually included in the data. At least if they were, my inspection was not thorough enough to find any dormant files. Still the journey was sufficient since having original assets in part is important for this conversion and other models I intend to work on eventually as well. :D

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:36 am 
advanced

Have thanks: 2 times
Protocol X27 wrote:
Wow, wow, wow! I only have so many words to express: 'You Guys are Amazing!' I really appreciate having this thing cracked after soooooo long.

@shakotay,
Hmmm, it wouldn't be the first time I've seen Blender have alternate scaling even when using exact game scale values, so thank you for at least making an attempt on that. I'm glad you caught the WordUV change. I was thinking the UV's were looking a bit sharp, so I'm glad that's resolved now before I really start working on exporting even more obj's. That would have been frustrating to manually adjust all of those. Thanks! :D

@AceWell,
Amazing work. Definitely correct, that tackles most of them, definitely the body & face textures are covered. As I move further along I will see what some of the mech & stage textures look like. I did notice that a couple hair textures fell into the swizzle category, so perhaps when you do circle back you could include these in your testing. NAT_hair01 & NAT_hair01.spclr. (in cinema_1_1a.mgf) Totally not a deal breaker since I was already planning to use some better high res textures in that department anyway, but it will be nice to have them as an option down the road.

:gulp: :drunken: :lurk: <3 :bravo: :rock:

Just did a quick Blender test! Now the fun begins of modernizing. :)

Wow! Great job! I really hope you can upload a pack containing all models and textures in .obj and .png form or any workable format! Keep it up!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:53 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Pepsee wrote:
Wow! Great job! I really hope you can upload a pack containing all models and textures in .obj and .png form or any workable format! Keep it up!

Thanks! That's a rather tall order considering just how many models are included in 'all'. Even hair meshes are broken into a ton of parts, so that would take a ton of time not well spent. In my recent link I posted a walkthrough of how to get the meshes, so by using that it's fair game to extract any meshes available. The script that AceWell wrote is highly useful for finding specific files.

I don't mind helping narrow done some factors once you take a shot at which files you're looking for. The samples I posted already have all of the multiplayer characters and some of cinematic characters.