XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 4:04 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: HiPoly model of weapon Groza (OC-14)
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 4:24 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

Hi,
i don't know if i undestand good this discuss, cuze my english isn't good. But i would like request for HiPoly model of this wonderful weapon.
I can make only LowPoly models :cry: but i need HiPoly for making NormalMap.

Here is link to some good pictures:
http://www.gun-world.net/article/Russai ... 110561.htm

in advance Thanks

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 5:57 pm 
VIP member
VIP member

Have thanks: 1 time
What would you consider as hi_poly model - how many poligons? And what would be your low poly count? Have you goten already low poly made? Do you have any better texture materials, or it is just the reason you ask for hi_poly model so it could be with all details and materials , not textures applied to that?

Other than that it can be done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 06, 2006 10:14 pm 
VIP member
VIP member

Sefagan,
I have a good news and bad news :wink:
The good news is this:
The bad news is, if you in rush start quickly saving , it costs $ 40.00

No it is not the joke, neither it is solicitation of the TurboSquid or similar. We can still make it, but it can take some longer time, so meanwhile you would be well advised to register on that site
http://www.turbosquid.com
and browse more over 20 pages of free armament models. Definetely you may settle on some other "wonder".

I am probable killing my job here :(
Next......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 3:55 am 
VIP member
VIP member

I have found new resource for you ...for now:
http://www.truecombat.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=14

Try to see if anything interesting here, but in reference to free models they too quoted TurboSquid. I hate to start off with sending you without the model, but since you are capable of doing 3D maybe using those resources you can assemble pretty good high poly model of exactly what you want. If you do it yourself, I bet you going to like it even more. :wink: If still in trouble, do not hesitate to let me know.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:48 pm 
ultra-n00b

Hi,
thanks for your replys. At this moment i have finalized only model of AK74 (i have Hires images) and model of Groza was only idea. I thought it won't be so hard cuze a base part of this weapon is same like AK74. Buy a model isn't good idea cuze i don't know if my work will be ever finished :) As i said LowPoly is no problem but make all that little details isn't for me (reason? i make models in CAD based app Rhino3D and it has limited possibilities).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 07, 2006 6:24 pm 
VIP member
VIP member

I see exactly where are heading with this. And your direction is definetely good. I defnetely not advocate spending 40 bucks buing that - it was a little joke.

My main objective on this forum is not exactly provide the ready 20K polygon models because that takes long time, but try to give any assistance and advice. Frankly I have never modeled any weapon before, but given some time I can see that all those free resources on Turbosquid one can part_assembly anything.

But, this is of course providing that for example one can open and convert all those different formats and versions and perhaps scales etc. etc. That where I think I can help. For example ... gMax to 3dsMax :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 2:08 am 
advanced

in theory you could just tesselate the model a lot and make some adjustments there. Although if you're thinking of adding wood grain, tiny nicks, etc. you may be better off with the nVidia Photoshop normal map filter or ATi's NormalMapGen. With a little know-how, these can produce much better results than any high-poly model due to the fact that it's easier to paint these kinds of details than it is to actually model them. That's just tedious. Granted there are some advantages to using models, but not in all cases :)