XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:30 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: Middle-earth: Shadow of War maxscript (.skel .mesh)
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2018 5:32 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 0 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

TSelman61X wrote:
MorgothZeONE wrote:
does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, ...

That must be the Spider. But this model doesn't look like a spider in the trailer. :-)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-vOAL ... oopg8iimdU
I don't think I'il find the other one.

hmm, now that i think about it, shelob herself was in pre-rendered cutscenes using the game engine, so odds are she isn't in the files (either of her forms for that matter)
so that's unfortunate... very unfortunate

so what about the drakes, because i've only found the head and wing webbing, as well as textures, not the whole model (idk why it's so illusive)

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:45 pm 
n00b

Have thanks: 1 time
TSelman61X wrote:
MorgothZeONE wrote:
does anyone know if Shelob's Spider, ...

That must be the Spider. But this model doesn't look like a spider in the trailer. :-)
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1-vOAL ... oopg8iimdU
I don't think I'il find the other one.
This, I believe, would be the model of the spider that appears above the floating shards when collecting Shelob memories.
As Shelob, regardless of shape, only appears in pre-rendered cut-scenes, it would surprise me if a model of her was found in the gamefiles (she could be in there somewhere as cut content, stranger things have happened, but I wouldn't bet on it).
How good would a Shelob boss-fight have been, though?

MorgothZeONE wrote:
so what about the drakes, because i've only found the head and wing webbing, as well as textures, not the whole model (idk why it's so illusive)
The drake model, I believe, is located in \characters\modelcharacters\fellbeast
As far as I know there is no fellbeast in the game, my best guess being that this was repurposed and remodelled early in developement, but never renamed.
If you're missing anything else, I can try my eyes at finding it. Even though I'm still having trouble with the UV's of some models, I have yet to find a model in the game I cannot locate in the files...

On the subject of my busted UVs;
Would anyone be willing to pull the example file above (model located in \prefabs\artifacts\ancorcsword, textures located in \prefabs\artifacts\materials) out of their game archives, and see if they encounter the same issue, or if they are able to correct the UVs (by manipulating the map channel setting), as Zaramot has detailed?
This would tell me if the issue is indeed the script, or if something has gone wrong in the unpacking of my game archives.
I would perform this test myself, but I fear my data would be of little use, extracting the same files from the same archives using the same technique.

Btw, Zaramot, did anyone ever send you those Naz’gul you were looking for?
If not, I think I might be able to find them.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 1:02 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 2 times
Graesholt wrote:
... \characters\modelcharacters\fellbeast

These must be https://drive.google.com/open?id=13YAMC ... fbTyr6HiTG
But there's a problem with UVs.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:02 am 
n00b

TSelman61X wrote:
I will admit blankly that I did not think to check that.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 3:24 am 
beginner

Graesholt wrote:
TSelman61X wrote:
I will admit blankly that I did not think to check that.

i guess i must be looking in the wrong embb files, but it's a shame the UVs are messed up

speaking of embb files, what are the ones that hold all the Nazgul, and Uruk/Olog armors called, as i can't find those either

no need to send the files, i just wanna know where they are located

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:24 pm 
n00b

MorgothZeONE wrote:
i guess i must be looking in the wrong embb files [...]

speaking of embb files, what are the ones that hold all the [...]
There's your problem right there, boi.
Way easier than looking through the game's .embb files is just unpacking the whole lot and searching. That way you can find whatever you want.

I have unpacked the entire game, so I can give you the directories of what you want, but not the .embb files containing them.
If it's a space issue (which is the only reason I can fathom for doing things the way I understand you to be doing them), external harddrives are like way cheap nowadays, yo!

The Nazgûl are located in \characters\modelcharacters\nazgul and their weapons should be located in \characters\modelweapons\nazgul
The Nazgûl HD textures are located in a folder simpy called \nazgul in your export directory.

As for orc and olog armor, what I could find was in the folders \characters\modelcharacters\orcs and \characters\modelcharacters\ologhai (special armor will be located in the subfolder of each of these called 'flair')
The HD textures for orc/olog armor are scattered all over your main directory...

If you need anything specific that you cannot find in these folders, let me know and I'll take another look.
Just to illustrate my point with exporting into one directory, finding this stuff took me literally 5 minutes, just searching 'nazgul' and 'armor'.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2018 5:03 pm 
beginner

Graesholt wrote:

I have unpacked the entire game, so I can give you the directories of what you want, but not the .embb files containing them.
If it's a space issue (which is the only reason I can fathom for doing things the way I understand you to be doing them), external harddrives are like way cheap nowadays, yo!

The Nazgûl are located in \characters\modelcharacters\nazgul and their weapons should be located in \characters\modelweapons\nazgul
The Nazgûl HD textures are located in a folder simpy called \nazgul in your export directory.

As for orc and olog armor, what I could find was in the folders \characters\modelcharacters\orcs and \characters\modelcharacters\ologhai (special armor will be located in the subfolder of each of these called 'flair')
The HD textures for orc/olog armor are scattered all over your main directory...

If you need anything specific that you cannot find in these folders, let me know and I'll take another look.
Just to illustrate my point with exporting into one directory, finding this stuff took me literally 5 minutes, just searching 'nazgul' and 'armor'.

alright, i'll try and see what i can find on my end, and i'll PM you on what comes up. i feel dumb not asking questions like this sooner, but hey better late than never

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 1:02 am 
ultra-n00b

Any chances to export the animations ?