XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:41 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26
 Post subject: Re: Frostbite model tools (Battlefield 1, Battlefront 1, 2)
PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:05 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 24 times

spectrum wrote:
However, trying to click on the "scan Bundles" gives me an EndOfStreamException. Am I missing something that I should have installed before?

UFBE does NOT require any type of prerequisite to run (besides windows OS), its independent.
All you need to make sure is to have correct paths for the location of the game and where to extract.

But issues like those can happen for two main reasons (since I just tried it on latest updated version and all works just fine), you either have a corrupt download and I suggest to repair it in Origin, or you downloaded a pirated version with corrupt/incomplete files.

Note: On rare occasions it may cause errors due to UFBE not having proper permission to access the game if its in Program Files default location.
In that case try UFBE with Admin rights, or move game files to a different HDD, good luck.

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:52 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 8 times
I have a problem with BF1/SWBF1.
I can't seem to get textures to extract, unsure what I'm doing wrong, but I always get this 1 x 1 message and nothing converts.

GUID = 4874E8BAF65BA4D5300B7D1300001000 t_volcanicbase_rockmedium_01_c 0b000000.Texture 1 x 1
GUID = 8248A3A9F74CA09634E1AEDF00000800 t_volcanicbase_rockmedium_01_h 0b000000.Texture 1 x 1
GUID = 2077D2E2EF6E2A149A92BF4700001000 t_volcanicbase_rockmedium_01_n 0b000000.Texture 1 x 1

-I dumped everything with UFBE.
-I have my bundles/chunks folders set up, then I use the texture converter.
-It finds the Itextures and chunks.
-I get this error when converting. (probably because these chunks do not exist, but I dumped everything - also searched in UFBE, nothing there)

This happens to every single texture.
Any idea what could be causing this?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:38 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

lolwatt wrote:
Any idea what could be causing this?

You could be easily using a wrong version, or a unsupported version for textures on the specified games, there are so many variations out there that even I couldn't get it work on so many games.
Most of those texture converters where made for older games, I think Daemon only supported about two of those tools (I could be wrong) for new games, I no longer know which one or where they are.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 2:54 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
mono24 wrote:
spectrum wrote:
However, trying to click on the "scan Bundles" gives me an EndOfStreamException. Am I missing something that I should have installed before?

UFBE does NOT require any type of prerequisite to run (besides windows OS), its independent.
All you need to make sure is to have correct paths for the location of the game and where to extract.

But issues like those can happen for two main reasons (since I just tried it on latest updated version and all works just fine), you either have a corrupt download and I suggest to repair it in Origin, or you downloaded a pirated version with corrupt/incomplete files.

Note: On rare occasions it may cause errors due to UFBE not having proper permission to access the game if its in Program Files default location.
In that case try UFBE with Admin rights, or move game files to a different HDD, good luck.

Paths are correct and just repaired it in Origin. I also tried to run UFBE with Admin rights, moved to my other HD and still the same error happened.
My currently OS is Windows 10 and... well, I don't know why this is happening.

Isn't there some kind of log or debug file that I can attach here?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:33 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

spectrum wrote:

UFBE does not export any type of log but you could easily post the error screen that it displays, and who knows maybe Daemon himself can explain better as to why that happens.
Try to select ONLY the Data folder of the game and NOT the root folder of the whole game that includes updates/patches, just Data folder, and see if that works with out errors.

PS: UFBE will ONLY work with Frostbite 3 engine games, NOT with Frostbite 2 games such as Need for Speed The Run, because Payback should have no issues, at all.
This is what you need for NFSTR: http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.ph ... -archives/

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:29 am 
ultra-n00b

mono24 wrote:
spectrum wrote:

UFBE does not export any type of log but you could easily post the error screen that it displays, and who knows maybe Daemon himself can explain better as to why that happens.
Try to select ONLY the Data folder of the game and NOT the root folder of the whole game that includes updates/patches, just Data folder, and see if that works with out errors.

It still gives the same Exception error.

mono24 wrote:
PS: UFBE will ONLY work with Frostbite 3 engine games, NOT with Frostbite 2 games such as Need for Speed The Run, because Payback should have no issues, at all.
This is what you need for NFSTR: http://www.bfeditor.org/forums/index.ph ... -archives/

So I tried the scripts on that link. It read fines until I get this error:

Code:
File "C:\Users\spectrum\Desktop\dumper\dumper 4\Bundle.py", line 26, in __init__
    self.ebxEntries=[bundleEntry(unpack(">3I",f.read(12))) for i in xrange(self.header.numEbx)]
NameError: global name 'bundleEntry' is not defined

I'm currently using Python 2.7.6, and this is how I adjusted the paths in dumper.py

Code:
catName=r"" #use "" or r"" if you have no cat; doing so will make the script ignore patchedCatName
patchedCatName=r"" #used only when tocRoot contains "Update"

##tocRoot=r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run\Update\"
tocRoot=r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run\Data\Win32"

outputfolder="F:/test"

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:35 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

spectrum wrote:

Code:
File "C:\Users\spectrum\Desktop\dumper\dumper 4\Bundle.py", line 26, in __init__
    self.ebxEntries=[bundleEntry(unpack(">3I",f.read(12))) for i in xrange(self.header.numEbx)]

Make sure bundleEntry has capital B in Bundle.py, like this
Code:
        self.ebxEntries=[BundleEntry(unpack(">3I",f.read(12))) for i in xrange(self.header.numEbx)]
        self.resEntries=[BundleEntry(unpack(">3I",f.read(12))) for i in xrange(self.header.numRes)]

Everything is case sensitive, even if you have an extra or missing space in a line code, you'll get errors, python is very picky.
spectrum wrote:
I'm currently using Python 2.7.6

I assume 32bit, correct? As 64bit python is NOT supported.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:39 am 
ultra-n00b

mono24 wrote:
spectrum wrote:

Code:

Make sure bundleEntry has capital B in Bundle.py, like this
Code:
        self.ebxEntries=[BundleEntry(unpack(">3I",f.read(12))) for i in xrange(self.header.numEbx)]
        self.resEntries=[BundleEntry(unpack(">3I",f.read(12))) for i in xrange(self.header.numRes)]

Everything is case sensitive, even if you have an extra or missing space in a line code, you'll get errors, python is very picky.

That solved the problem! Really, thanks a lot! Just a question related to the Paths, currently I have them set up like this:

Code:
tocRoot=r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run"
##tocRoot=r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run\Data\Win32"

So, if I understood correctly, the first one is for the entire game patched, so it will exctract the content under the "Update" folder and then the main game.
The second one, if uncommented, will extract only the data from the main game, without the content under Update folder, right?

Ah, did anyone tried to run those scripts on the PS3 or Xbox360 releases of the game?

mono24 wrote:
spectrum wrote:
I'm currently using Python 2.7.6

I assume 32bit, correct? As 64bit python is NOT supported.

That's right!

Also, do I need any special script to handle Need for Speed: The Run meshes, texture and audio files?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:22 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

spectrum wrote:
Just a question related to the Paths, currently I have them set up like this:

Code:
tocRoot=r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run"
##tocRoot=r"C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed The Run\Data\Win32"

For NFSTR it's irrelevant, because either way updates/patches for it are NOT supported.
If you make path at root folder of the game as you have it above first line, update/patched folder WILL be ignored, ONLY Data will be dumped/extracted no matter what.
spectrum wrote:
So, if I understood correctly, the first one is for the entire game patched, so it will exctract the content under the "Update" folder and then the main game.
The second one, if uncommented, will extract only the data from the main game, without the content under Update folder, right?

If we take a game that works fully like BF3, it will first dump updates/patches in they're folder structure, once its done and you then extract Data folder it will continue to dump only needed files with out overwriting what was already extracted form updates/patches, thus keeping things neat and no duplicates.
spectrum wrote:
Ah, did anyone tried to run those scripts on the PS3 or Xbox360 releases of the game?

I've tested PS3 myself and it works same way, X360 should work identically, Data gets dumped while update/patch folder gets ignored due to not being supported.
spectrum wrote:
Also, do I need any special script to handle Need for Speed: The Run meshes, texture and audio files?

Meshes: viewtopic.php?p=137476#p137476 <-NFSTR
Meshes: viewtopic.php?p=134343#p134343 <-NFSP
Note: UU3D also works for meshes for those who have a license to export as demo does NOT allow export.
Textures: your on your own, I never found a tool that works.
Audio: there is no script that supports audio conversion of the vehicles.

Search function is your best friend, what ever else you need you'll find it eventually, just think what you need, type it in and search.

good luck

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:39 am 
veteran

Okay, I went back to the thread but didn't find my answer exactly.

Regarding SW:Battlefront (2015), I have the deluxe version of the game (includes DLCs, etc).
When I use UFBE, I get a lot of missing chunks (~20k)

What does that mean? If I go for the python script, will it dump everything right?
Essentially, what is the difference?

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 5:07 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

lolwatt wrote:

That is normal, meaning not all assets in the game require/have a chunk file to be extracted, that's why you see that missing information.
lolwatt wrote:
What does that mean? If I go for the python script, will it dump everything right?

Python will ALWAYS create unnecessary duplicates depending on what script your using, if its one edited by Daemon it skips duplicates.
They will both dump same files, once again depending what python script, minus duplicates with UFBE.
10 assets can lead to one chunk, that means python would extract duplicates, while UFBE only one chunk.
I hope I explained it well. ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 1:13 pm 
veteran

mono24 wrote:
lolwatt wrote:

That is normal, meaning not all assets in the game require/have a chunk file to be extracted, that's why you see that missing information.
lolwatt wrote:

Python will ALWAYS create unnecessary duplicates depending on what script your using, if its one edited by Daemon it skips duplicates.
They will both dump same files, once again depending what python script, minus duplicates with UFBE.
10 assets can lead to one chunk, that means python would extract duplicates, while UFBE only one chunk.
I hope I explained it well. ;)

You explained it very well. Thank you very much. :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 387 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 22, 23, 24, 25, 26