Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Need Help / Input on Halo Wars DE files
PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 10:18 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

You can make the ads go away by registering

Hi there,

I'm a Halo Wars DE modder and was looking to expand the reaches of my mod by introducing custom models, something thats kinda needed as some models have weapons stuck onto the hands of the units, something you can't change by going through the vis file, etc.

Example:

Infected Marines have the Assault Rifle stuck to their hand, so it cannot be changed.

Some other things I would like to do is change around existing models, taking the scorpion and adding sandbags on the sides, or adding more bones so I can attach sitting marines to the tracks.

Any help with this? Halo Wars uses UGX files and DDX files. From the information I know, UGX is an unknown file type, leading me to think that the original file types were changed in order to fit the game format, or protect the origin program of the files. Halo Wars 2 was modeled in 3DS MAX, will I be able to use it here?

If it matters at all, here's my mod page. http://www.moddb.com/mods/halo-wars-spearhead-overhaul

Reason why I commented here was because I saw these forums had some prior history with Halo Wars, as well as Halo Wars 2 which uses the same / very similiar files.
Thanks!

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.