It is currently Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:08 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: help me!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:05 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

i extracted half life 2 episode two gcf files with gcfscape and achive models in this structure (means each models created with some files .mdl .vvd .phy .sw .dx80 .dx90) I can view static .mdl models with "crafty model browser" http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/
but i dont know how i can animate this models ? or how can i prepare them for milkshape ?
please guide me how i can do it ? is there anywhere a tutorial for it ? or you can tell me thank .

You can make the ads go away by registering

Post subject: Re: help me!!!!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2017 5:04 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 58 times
petertohen wrote:
i extracted half life 2 episode two gcf files with gcfscape and achive models in this structure (means each models created with some files .mdl .vvd .phy .sw .dx80 .dx90) I can view static .mdl models with "crafty model browser" http://nemesis.thewavelength.net/
but i dont know how i can animate this models ? or how can i prepare them for milkshape ?
please guide me how i can do it ? is there anywhere a tutorial for it ? or you can tell me thank .

Fist off, this is Facepunch related question, you will find more dedicated assholes then nice people but they can help you.

Second: Do NOT fucking use Mikshape EVER for animating or other stuff, its fucking pain is ass. (Yes I use fuck-a-lot couse why the fuck not).
But Milkshape is great for beginners, I used it myself when I started pokin around 3D stuff.
Use 3ds max with WallWorm plugin, or XSI with Valve's original authoring tools, or Blender with SMD tools, Choose whinch you prefer more.

Third: Do not use Crafty, its outdated. Use hlmv (Half Life 2 Model Viewer), it should be in bin directory. If you get problems running it I can help with that. You can use Source SDK aswell, it have samples aswell, but again, they are outdated.

Next step, you don't need to extract .sw and .dx80 files, they are useless garbage.

Also this -> is gold http://www.developer.valvesoftware.com, I used it a lot of time back then, you will find here many things.