XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:37 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Uncharted 1/2/3 (PS3)
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:55 pm 
beginner

Have thanks: 2 times

You can make the ads go away by registering

akderebur wrote:
Faithfullfaun wrote:
I got some files that is as .PAK but as i kinda could figure out the ps3 version unpacker don't work

Can you post some sample files?

I don't have them anymore but you can download the dumped game files at psxhax

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 8:27 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 176 times
Faithfullfaun wrote:

I just thought the Uncharted textures might be similar to TLOU, and that I can modify my texture tool to work with it maybe. I won't download the whole game to see a couple of texture files though :D

Still thanks for letting me know.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:53 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 255 times
akderebur wrote:
Faithfullfaun wrote:

I just thought the Uncharted textures might be similar to TLOU, and that I can modify my texture tool to work with it maybe. I won't download the whole game to see a couple of texture files though :D

here, I put a couple files from the PS4 rip, specifically from the Uncharted 2 part

https://sta.sh/0f0p0ra1dpm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:54 pm 
beginner

akderebur wrote:
Faithfullfaun wrote:

It's not like TLOU
it's like the ones from PS3 when you unpack them then you get the model with textures (haven't come pass that yet)
There are no texture folder by itself

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:34 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

volfin wrote:

Thank you for the files.

Faithfullfaun wrote:
It's not like TLOU
it's like the ones from PS3 when you unpack them then you get the model with textures (haven't come pass that yet)
There are no texture folder by itself

It is almost identical to TLOU. TLOU also has some pak files that contain both model and textures, but the textures are low quality. Higher quality textures are in separate pak files.

Anway I was able to get the textures to load but the resolution is too low :

I guess that is normal, considering the files are < 3MB. The higher resolution textures should be in another pak.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:46 pm 
beginner

Perhaps i can try searching for it
can i just open it with the TLOU texture tool?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:59 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Faithfullfaun wrote:

No, I had to make some changes. I added the new version in attachments. No preview for faster loading. Load the pak, and select Export -> DDS.

Also if you find the higher res pak files, pm me or post it here please. I can make something more proper.

Edit : Find the tool in my next post.

Last edited by akderebur on Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:25 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

akderebur wrote:
Faithfullfaun wrote:

No, I had to make some changes. I added the new version in attachments. No preview for faster loading. Load the pak, and select Export -> DDS.

Also if you find the higher res pak files, pm me or post it here please. I can make something more proper.

The actor files are in actor27\ps4\, and the dictionaries for textures are under texturedict1\ps4\.

The CSV file seems to map filenames to which chunk pak. Here's one of the chunk files, and the CSV.

Where I think it's going to be odd is chunk-21 seems to be split into two files, and common across 3 files. Not sure how you would handle that, so the two parts of chunk-21 is the ones i included.

I tried your tool you posted above on one of the files, but it didn't seem to work.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:24 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

volfin wrote:
Where I think it's going to be odd is chunk-21 seems to be split into two files, and common across 3 files. Not sure how you would handle that, so the two parts of chunk-21 is the ones i included.

Even though they are named as chunks, they both have header info. So they seem to be no different than separate pak files.

I updated the tool to support texture paks too. Seems to be working fine with the files you included :

Only dds export, and also no list this time. Loading all data uses too much memory. So just do File -> Open, and click "Start Export". You can export with folder structure if you want to, might be more organized.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:36 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

akderebur wrote:
Even though they are named as chunks, they both have header info. So they seem to be no different than separate pak files.

I updated the tool to support texture paks too. Seems to be working fine with the files you included :

Only dds export, and also no list this time. Loading all data uses too much memory. So just do File -> Open, and click "Start Export". You can export with folder structure if you want to, might be more organized.

Works good. Now only if we had the models the textures go to. :D For 1 and 2 especially, this was the Remastered Edition with higher resolution models and textures not seen before.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 2:00 am 
beginner

volfin wrote:
akderebur wrote:

Works good. Now only if we had the models the textures go to. :D For 1 and 2 especially, this was the Remastered Edition with higher resolution models and textures not seen before.

Wait did they Update the meshes too? :eek:

And that would be cool beacuse on the old ones from Uncharted 1-2 most of the characters
Have broken weights :scaredy:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:10 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Faithfullfaun wrote:
volfin wrote:
akderebur wrote:

Wait did they Update the meshes too? :eek:

And that would be cool beacuse on the old ones from Uncharted 1-2 most of the characters
Have broken weights :scaredy:

yep, new models and textures. This video compares the versions:

https://youtu.be/PO0GgWe92fY?t=120

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:27 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

I took a quick look at the pak files for mesh data. "chloe-winter.pak" works really similar to TLOU models, with chunk relative offsets and relocation table. "chloe.pak" also appears to be same, but for some reason all the offsets are absolute (from the beginning of the file). I haven't seen that with TLOU files, everything was relative.

I was able to load some of the meshes. Other ones have offsets that don't point to right data. There is probably an extra offset that I haven't figured out.

Still it looks kinda complete with these meshes. Maybe other ones are just LODs.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2018 5:41 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

akderebur wrote:
I took a quick look at the pak files for mesh data. "chloe-winter.pak" works really similar to TLOU models, with chunk relative offsets and relocation table. "chloe.pak" also appears to be same, but for some reason all the offsets are absolute (from the beginning of the file). I haven't seen that with TLOU files, everything was relative.

I was able to load some of the meshes. Other ones have offsets that don't point to right data. There is probably an extra offset that I haven't figured out.

Still it looks kinda complete with these meshes. Maybe other ones are just LODs.

Probably are LODs. Looking good so far :)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:42 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

daemon1, should we continue discussing the ps4 version here? Even though it is Uncharted trilogy, it is a different game and not exactly related to your tool. If you want this thread to be about your tool, I can open a new topic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next