All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Re: PC Danganronpa Despair Girls .BNC, .BTX Help
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:19 am 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
Dead thread but:

The actual bone count is after 50 53 43 61 (PSCa). This can be compared to the parenting if this appears incorrect (further discussed below).

Parenting table starts at offset A0 where the rule is:

Parent 00 FF FF Child 00 FF FF (armature of 2 bones) (from now I will use P to refer to parent, and C for child)
When there is more then one child they are listed as: P 00 FF FF C 00 C 00 FF FF
FF FF signifies a child and the end of the armature.
When there is more then 1 bone listed between 2 sets of FF FF, the first bone chain is finished first. As far as I can tell, the chain only stops when the next number is not the previous with one added.

With pl00_ac_face the rig is:
00 00 05 00 FF FF 01 00 FF FF 02 00 03 00 04 00 FF FF
With the names at offset 1F0: AC_FACE_NULL.HEAD.FACE_EYE_R.FACE_EYE_L.FACE_JAW.(No Group)
Bones are given IDs to be used in parenting based off the order, thus giving us

AC_FACE_NULL 00
HEAD 01
FACE_EYE_R 02
FACE_EYE_L 03
FACE_JAW 04
(No Group) 05

Fitting well with the bone count, 06. If the bone count is too big to count, find the 2nd bone in parenting (No group) and add one for Null.
Thus we have
AC_FACE_NULL 00 (No Group) 00 FF FF HEAD 00 FF FF FACE_EYE_R 00 FACE_EYE_L 00 FACE_JAW 00 FF FF

(please note that I made a mistake, (No group) should have no parents)

I am less sure about the positions because of the set of floats followed by 00 00 80 3F, that may have some relation to the distorted meshes, but the bone positions can be found at offset CC for the face (as floats).
This gives us the positions 0,0,0 for both AC_FACE_NULL and HEAD, and others for the eyes and jaw. (No group) appears not to have a position though, and if you compare the positions to the ones found at offset 140, you'll see only the head to jaw positions are listed, so its possible that *only* the previously mentioned vertex groups have bones.

In any case, we now have the bone names, parenting and positions. Unfortunately, the faces mesh has bones quite close together (the eyes in rest position are inside the head), however with the body the rig is a lot more clear.
(I can't seem to add another image, refer to my next post)

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:54 am 
ultra-n00b

Here is the bodies rig (partial)

(Only a section has been remade as I don't know how to code)
In relation to the possible bone co-ords (floats followed by 00 00 80 3F) 00 00 80 3F may be a scale, as within the animation files there are (if treated as a float) there are slightly different values at times.
If we consider the bone position to be the floats before 00 00 80 3F then we get some pretty interesting rigs, and they might have a connection to the distortion. (Image in next post)

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 4:58 am 
ultra-n00b

This is all that I have been able to determine. Sorry for the spam, and I hope that this will provide useful to someone more capable then me!

Attachments: