XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Fri Jun 22, 2018 12:23 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Tue Oct 17, 2017 7:19 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time

Hi, first i would like to say thanks for the awesome work you did here. This tool is really amazing!
I´m having an issue when trying to export some models with animations from 3DS Max using FBX plugin, for some strange reason they lost texture coordinates and uv´s are all messed up after loading the FBX files in any other 3D application outside 3DS MAX.
I noticed this only happens with models from games that use LOD system , like RE5, RE6, Revelations 2, and DMC4 SE. models from games without LOD system, like RE HD Remaster and Dragon´s Dogma are exported to FBX format perfectly, another thing that i noticed is that only meshes with duplicated names have issues, meshes that don´t have duplicated names are exported with correct UV´s :[

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2017 1:40 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 106 times
Martins wrote:
for some strange reason they lost texture coordinates and uv´s are all messed up after loading the FBX files in any other 3D application outside 3DS MAX.[

I have tried import model from RE6 with 2 uv channels into Unreal 4 and all works just fine.
Thing is that your "other 3D app" cannot handle multiple uv channels, instead it will combine them together. I depends on app.
Another thing is that "other app" uses older version of FBX importer/plugin, thus makes some undesirable results.
Since you don't want to share name of app, I cannot help you more.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:34 pm 
n00b

Hey!

Sorry to ask,
I'm trying to understand how the IK Chain section of this tool. I read the section about IK's for the toes, and I know how to solve that, but I'm trying to understand how to apply it to the upper body/hands.

I am testing this with the Revelations 2 PC version, with the .arc extracted by Noesis and the .lmt's in it. I think the Arc is pl2260

Right now, I'm getting this result: https://gfycat.com/DeficientFakeLamb which I assume is an IK Link issue,

Could someone explain how IK Links work or what I should use the Create IK Link button on?

I know for the feet, it's both toes -- but what would it be for the arms?

Thanks so much :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 6:13 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

For arms, its usually hand bone. It's the bone where fingers are connected to, if model have finger bones. In case of RE games, most hands doesn't have finger bones, since they are using predefined meshes, so in that case it should be last bone on each arm.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 7:08 pm 
n00b

PredatorCZ wrote:
For arms, its usually hand bone. It's the bone where fingers are connected to, if model have finger bones. In case of RE games, most hands doesn't have finger bones, since they are using predefined meshes, so in that case it should be last bone on each arm.

Hi Predator,

Thank you so much for the reply! :)

In the case of the last bones, do I select the last bone both on the right side and the left side of the arm together and Create the IK Link, or do I do it separately for each side?

Just incase, https://mega.nz/#!F2RygTyR!IVotGdCYuW_8eWjL7uMpwtiq5WOH7BAQBLVYKf7nkKU
Here's a Max scene and .mod's, etc.

I tried doing the end bones on the left and right side together, but it doesn't seem to be working.

I notice that instead of the arm being in a different position, it seems to stretch like this -- https://i.imgur.com/ha6Kfjc.png

I'm very sorry if I'm doing it wrong. Hopefully I can learn how :)

Thank you again, sincerely.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:17 pm 
n00b

Hi, :)

I'm not sure if this is a possible issue with the tool.
Highflex and I were trying to figure out what was going on.

Are you sure the IK is being aligned properly? We may be wrong, but do the arms in Resident Evil Revelations 2 have IK?

Right now, what we're doing to test is -

1. Select the ones which have hands skinned to them and add a "_" tag in front.
2. Unparent the child bones of the hand and rename them to the hand names.

The only thing you are missing is the hand rotation which you can copy from the unparented nodes.

https://i.imgur.com/knWuV2X.gifv This is the result, which is the fixed animation.. not 100% perfect but this works.. might help in finding the problem.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 7:23 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Hello there, Hands definitely have IK.
Thing is that IK's are not fully researched, unfortunetly, I might look at them in future and give them second shot.
This hand issue is familiar to me very well, they are using offset, so control bones doesn't have same possition as their child ones.
Creating IK's are complicated thing and they are using many things to actually get them to work at all.
However, using offsetted control bone will result in artifacts, since rotation will cause them.
3ds max have some strict IK limitations, for example no rotations and additional control over IK chain at all.

Sorry, cannot help you more so far.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:21 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 95 times
Hi! I'm using this tool with RE6 PC, and here's the issues I've encountered:

The same anim works fine for the separate hand files(they have finger bones), but they're in the wrong positions
relatively to the upper body part, as shown on the left side of the picture.

Besides, since different body parts share same bone names while the same anim can still be applied to them correctly,
like, say the head and the upper body, is it possible to load all parts together at a time instead of loading anims
separately for different parts then merging them into one scene automatically renaming all overlapping names?

"No investigation means no right to speak."
Remember to thank people when you get helped. That's the minimum respect to their efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:34 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Bigchillghost wrote:
Hi! I'm using this tool with RE6 PC, and here's the issues I've encountered:

You can save multiple bodyparts as max files, and them merge them together.
All those problems described indicates its a skin glitch, might look at it in future.
It would be nice if you'll post arc name, is it figure or pl model with figure animation? Thx.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:15 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

PredatorCZ wrote:
You can save multiple bodyparts as max files, and them merge them together.

Yeah, that's what I'm doing for such case now. Limitation is that you can't see the big picture for the whole animation.
That will work though. :wink:

PredatorCZ wrote:
It would be nice if you'll post arc name, is it figure or pl model with figure animation? Thx.

Sure. That is, uPl06AdaA.arc for body, uPl06HeadAdaA for head, uWp1061.arc for the gun in her hand, and fig06.arc for posture animation
of that figure. Separate corresponding hand files are uPl06HandLeftAdaA.arc and uPl06HandRightAdaA if it's needed.
I think there're no static figures as shown in the collection in game but just figure animations. I've also tested some animations from the
same arc file of the body, the skin glitch issue also occurred.

Remember to thank people when you get helped. That's the minimum respect to their efforts.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 5:08 pm 
ultra-n00b

Tested the 3DS version of Resident Evil Revelations, and it appears some of the rigging is wrong. https://i.imgur.com/r2sFJV8.png

The Leg Bones (3,4,6,7) all pull at the opposites vertexes, while bone12 seems to pull at an awkward part of the green walkie talkie thing, and the hair bones (20,21,22) pull at part of the back.

It might just be an error with my version of 3ds max(2015), but just in case it isn't. Sample if needed: https://mega.nz/#!IxIjiT7J!b53jbidSbMb0 ... Y3Kg6X4UkY

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 6:15 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

ThatOtherSiteKappa wrote:
Tested the 3DS version of Resident Evil Revelations, and it appears some of the rigging is wrong.

I am using 3ds max 2017 sp3, all is fine.

Bigchillghost wrote:
Skin problems

I can confirm all skin problems. Working on fix.
EDIT:
All skinned problems are now gone, fix will be in BETA 3 whinch will hopefully be done this year.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 12:34 am 
n00b

Have thanks: 1 time
Have you had any progress on exporting anims?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 2:14 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

PredatorCZ wrote:
All skinned problems are now gone, fix will be in BETA 3 whinch will hopefully be done this year.

Glad to see that you've solved it so quickly. :D
BTW, have you ever looked at those separate hand files? Can their positions be corrected? Or is that the way it was?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:58 am 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

CringyUsername wrote:
Have you had any progress on exporting anims?

It wouldn't be impossible, it would be just slow process since maxscript is extremly slow.
But LMT have some unknown data to me, it uses events as well.
LMT is NOT final process for animation, MT Framework uses so called "Animation Mixer" tool, whinch I am unable to locate assets for it (I was hoping they are in sdl or xfs format), but they seems to be nativized in-game.
This Animation Mixer works exactly like Animation Blueprint in UE4.

Bigchillghost wrote:
Glad to see that you've solved it so quickly. :D
BTW, have you ever looked at those separate hand files? Can their positions be corrected? Or is that the way it was?

It will be solved in IK overhaul, in BETA 3. Since IK on hands are not working in current version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next