XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Fri Nov 24, 2017 2:16 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 2:19 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 0 time














You can make the ads go away by registering

PredatorCZ wrote:
I think I just made Capcom angry.

Tool provides model, animation import and Simple IK creation.

Tested pc games:
Lost Planet
Devil May Cry 4
Resident Evil 5
Devil May Cry 4 SE*
Lost Planet 2
Resident Evil 6
Resident Evil Revelations*
Resident Evil Remaster*
Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen*
Ultimate Capcom vs Marvel 3*

Tested PS3 games:
Lost Planet
Resident Evil 6*

Tested Other games
Resident Evil Mercenaries (3ds)

*Hashes not fully researched

List may change during time.

Tool is written under 3ds max 2017 SP3

Detailed information and tool download.


This is such a good news, but can this tool import animation only? Can it export back animation to game? Or we can only import for fun and can not mod the game?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:38 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:29 am
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
It currently only imports, no export. And yes, you can import only anims if you want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Wed Aug 09, 2017 11:34 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Wed Aug 09, 2017 6:49 pm
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Greetings ladies and gentleman, how are you fine folks doing? I've been using this tool couple of days now, works perfectly so far but today i tried to import RE6 character animations and i can't get it to work somehow. When i try to import any animation to main characters the hands go apeshit, enemies work fine though. So, just asking am i missing something or doing something wrong? Pic related to the issue. Thank you


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 12:33 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 0 time
CringyUsername wrote:
It currently only imports, no export. And yes, you can import only anims if you want.


There is another thread about RE animation, but only import. not export back.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15765&start=120

Why is it hard to export the animation back to the game? Is there some coding of Capcom that prevent us from doing that?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 7:05 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Tue Jul 22, 2014 5:41 pm
Posts: 25
Has thanked: 13 times
Have thanks: 7 times
ryuhayabusa94 wrote:
CringyUsername wrote:
It currently only imports, no export. And yes, you can import only anims if you want.


There is another thread about RE animation, but only import. not export back.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15765&start=120

Why is it hard to export the animation back to the game? Is there some coding of Capcom that prevent us from doing that?


When exporting stuff out you can get away not knowing 100% of all structures in the format, in most cases this won't work out for writing back into the format. So if you attempt to do this without knowing everything about the format it might not work or require a lot of time to make sure the game reads the animation properly. Its all possible but very time consuming.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:38 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Fri Oct 24, 2014 10:26 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 0 time
I own Dead Rising 1 on Steam and have the assets extracted.
I can confirm that the models do not work with the script at all right now.
Trying to import models with 64 bit architecture checked or not results in the error "- Unknown Property: "children" in undefined.
Trying to import it without importing the mesh results in 3DS Max hanging.

So yeah, to those who asked about Dead Rising 1, here you go.


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2017 8:01 pm 
Offline
veteran
User avatar

Joined: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:32 pm
Posts: 130
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 65 times
Ed1 wrote:
Greetings ladies and gentleman, how are you fine folks doing? I've been using this tool couple of days now, works perfectly so far but today i tried to import RE6 character animations and i can't get it to work somehow. When i try to import any animation to main characters the hands go apeshit, enemies work fine though. So, just asking am i missing something or doing something wrong? Pic related to the issue. Thank you



You are missing a great deal, you did not read anything about setting up IK links, didn't you?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:45 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:07 pm
Posts: 3
Has thanked: 2 times
Have thanks: 0 time
Highflex wrote:
ryuhayabusa94 wrote:
CringyUsername wrote:
It currently only imports, no export. And yes, you can import only anims if you want.


There is another thread about RE animation, but only import. not export back.
viewtopic.php?f=16&t=15765&start=120

Why is it hard to export the animation back to the game? Is there some coding of Capcom that prevent us from doing that?


When exporting stuff out you can get away not knowing 100% of all structures in the format, in most cases this won't work out for writing back into the format. So if you attempt to do this without knowing everything about the format it might not work or require a lot of time to make sure the game reads the animation properly. Its all possible but very time consuming.


Why must we need to know everything about writing back? We can just know basic thing, the topic owner can write some script and other people will try it. Some animation may work, some may not work, but we will work gradually to improve it.
There is a topic in http://residentevilmodding.boards.net/t ... r-tutorial
They made some basic progress, modding animation (animation that does not rotate the camera such as weapon aimng, but anim such as walking is still impossible).


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 4:49 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 am
Posts: 7
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 0 time
Duuude your work rocks so much, thank you for it. BUT, haha, I am kinda stick with the ik. Your help page doesn't go in as much detail as I think I need. when I import animation for umvc3 characters, several bones go haywire. Obviously meaning that they have ik parameters. But I am unclear as to exactly which bones and how many I am supposed to apply the ik restraints.

I am also a bit unclear on how the sequencer related. When I create one, it creates a triangular shape that Im not sure where to put or what to do with. maybe it is not part of the reason that the bones end up in different area codes when applying the animation but Im sure Im not handling that aspect perfectly either. It seems that it is only specifically for the import not for how the animation appears so is irrelevant after import?

Still, super dope, all your work.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:46 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:44 am
Posts: 7
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 0 time
Here is an example of what I am seeing every time I load an animation. Every model drops below the ground plane and crushes into itself. Every model, every animation. Which is now making me think that it is not user error, as it doesn't matter what configuration I import the model and animation with, they all result the same.

I hope it is user error, perhaps you can tell me if that is the case? If you have time it would be dope if you could check out the max file I'm linking to below and tell me what the issue is. Thanks.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/skd8fxf4vtrl256/Hulk_IK_Issue.zip


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:39 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 6:27 am
Posts: 8
Has thanked: 8 times
Have thanks: 0 time
does this works with revelations 2?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 1:53 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sun Sep 07, 2014 11:07 pm
Posts: 20
Has thanked: 11 times
Have thanks: 3 times
Casedey wrote:
does this works with revelations 2?

Yes.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:13 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:29 am
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Can you link the model structure information from RE modding site that you mentioned?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:38 am 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:35 am
Posts: 1
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
If only works with capcom, it would work with Street Fighter X Tekken?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: MT Framework import tools
PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:01 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:29 am
Posts: 4
Has thanked: 3 times
Have thanks: 1 time
I don't think SFxTekken uses MT Framework, so probably no.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Godxon1 and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group