XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Mon Oct 23, 2017 3:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:25 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times
So there has been a lot of work in the past on Krome Studio's file format with games like Clone Wars Republic Heroes getting a Blender Plugin and a Noesis plugin for the textures, but one game seems to have been left out that still has a lot of good models in it that aren't in any other star wars game.

This format is older than Clone wars Republic Heroes with their format for the models being MDL5 and these for TFU Wii being MDL3 so it shouldn't be to hard to work on this version of the format when the newer version already work.

Now sometime ago i found a RKV program to unpack the Wii archive but i've seen lost it and can't find where i found it at and the BMS scripts RKV don't work on the Wii version, But as for the PS2 version i found a BMS script on another site that extracts that RKV but found out the .tex files are much smaller size and doesn't contain normal maps or spec maps for the models just a diffuse while the Wii version contains those textures.

Here is a Wii version model i happen to find on my PC http://www.mediafire.com/file/6vgtbzd07 ... mmando.rar

Also if someone wants i can provide you with the Wii RKV if needed to help edit the BMS script to unpack it.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:27 am 
Offline
VIP member
VIP member

Joined: Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:16 pm
Posts: 897
Has thanked: 1884 times
Have thanks: 475 times
this is the best i could do with it so far :]

i have Noesis auto creating the faces here but it isn't right as you can see.
i don't know a whole lot about PS2 or Wii model formats either and i usually
avoid them, i'm not sure how the face indices are stored in many of them. :(

JakeGreen wrote:
Also if someone wants i can provide you with the Wii RKV if needed to help edit the BMS script to unpack it.

you should open a thread on Zenhax and see if aluigi can fix the script.


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.


_________________
Noesis
Hex2obj
QuickBMS
TextureFinder
Unity Assets Bundle Extractor


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:16 pm 
Offline
veteran

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:30 pm
Posts: 93
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 5 times
As a last resort, I recall Ninja Ripper can be used with Dolphin, which keeps the skeletal structure/t-pose for quite a few games. Then you'd have to sift through all the world models, however.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times
AceWell wrote:
this is the best i could do with it so far :]

i have Noesis auto creating the faces here but it isn't right as you can see.
i don't know a whole lot about PS2 or Wii model formats either and i usually
avoid them, i'm not sure how the face indices are stored in many of them. :(

JakeGreen wrote:
Also if someone wants i can provide you with the Wii RKV if needed to help edit the BMS script to unpack it.

you should open a thread on Zenhax and see if aluigi can fix the script.


That's awesome you got this far with the models, can't wait to see them fully working. and will post on there later tonight.

Teancum wrote:
As a last resort, I recall Ninja Ripper can be used with Dolphin, which keeps the skeletal structure/t-pose for quite a few games. Then you'd have to sift through all the world models, however.


Yeah i've tried NinjaRipper with Dolphin 5.0 64bit and NR version 1.5.2 it rips out most of the models but no characters and sometime before i don't remember if it was a 32bit version of Dolphin but i was able to get out characters but they weren't in a t-pose just whatever pose you capture them in.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:33 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
Tool for skeletal models, PS2 & Wii

You need .mdl & .mdg files. Drop any of these onto the tool and it will make .obj file with exported model.

Static models are not supported.

Image


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Last edited by daemon1 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:55 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times
daemon1 wrote:
Here's a quick test of this guy's geometry. Do you need him with bones, or static model is enough?

Image


It doesn't matter. With how you got the model working would it be possible to do the same on others? and if so would you release your method?

Here is another one if you want to test it out as well with textures http://www.mediafire.com/file/olhmqoklw ... rooper.rar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:18 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
JakeGreen wrote:
Here is another one if you want to test it out as well with textures http://www.mediafire.com/file/olhmqoklw ... rooper.rar


This one is completely different. This is MDG3, and commando was MDG5. Also do you have any tool to open these textures?

Commando attached. If you send me some more in MGD5 format, I can check them and make my tool extract them. Without that, I think tool will only extract this commando.


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:27 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times
daemon1 wrote:
JakeGreen wrote:
Here is another one if you want to test it out as well with textures http://www.mediafire.com/file/olhmqoklw ... rooper.rar


This one is completely different. This is MDG3, and commando was MDG5. Also do you have any tool to open these textures?


Reason probably for that is I think the file I posted in the op was from the ps2 version and the file I posted now is from the wii version,textures aren’t to important as I can get them from dolphin emulator but I would look into the threads for clone wars republic heroes as this has the same format but more updated and the texture format is the same.

I can supply you more of that version of the format when i’m able to get on my pc later today.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:24 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times
Sorry for the double post but didn't think you would see the models if i just edited my post.

Here is a mix of weapons,characters and vehicles so you can look at everything.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gxpuapf1 ... Models.rar


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:46 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
wii models. almost there

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
here we go:

Image


Attachments:


You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:33 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times
daemon1 wrote:
here we go:

Image


Very nice do you think your tool will be able to get the rest just fine and when you do think it'll be released?

Also did you get the textures working or get them from Dolphin?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:50 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
JakeGreen wrote:
Very nice do you think your tool will be able to get the rest just fine and when you do think it'll be released?


Yes I think it will. If you provide a few more PS2 models, I can check it better. As for release, maybe tomorrow, or later this week.

JakeGreen wrote:
Also did you get the textures working or get them from Dolphin?


The day before yesterday was the first time I worked with PS2/wii models. I have no idea whats dolphin, or how exactly PS2 textures are represented. They look like DXT, maybe just swizzled. If you really need that, I can look into this, but I think this must be usual for PS2, and some tools must exist for them. Or noesis plugin.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Sun Aug 22, 2010 10:14 pm
Posts: 160
Has thanked: 34 times
Have thanks: 9 times
daemon1 wrote:
JakeGreen wrote:
Very nice do you think your tool will be able to get the rest just fine and when you do think it'll be released?


Yes I think it will. If you provide a few more PS2 models, I can check it better. As for release, maybe tomorrow, or later this week.

JakeGreen wrote:
Also did you get the textures working or get them from Dolphin?


The day before yesterday was the first time I worked with PS2/wii models. I have no idea whats dolphin, or how exactly PS2 textures are represented. They look like DXT, maybe just swizzled. If you really need that, I can look into this, but I think this must be usual for PS2, and some tools must exist for them. Or noesis plugin.


Well I no longer have any ps2 files only wii files and those are more higher poly and have higher res textures as the ones from the ps2 only have a diffuse at lower res and nothing else.

When I say dolphin i’m talking about the dolphin emulator for wii games I can dump the textures with that game but it’s sometimes hard to find what you need because it dumps every texture from the whole scene.

But all the files I provided that wasn’t from the op are wii models and textures, but as for the textures you should look at this noesis plugin as it was created using the same format from the same company that created this game just the format may have been updated a bit. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14297


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:19 pm 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran

Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2015 8:12 pm
Posts: 1208
Has thanked: 20 times
Have thanks: 574 times
ok no problem. Tool posted up there in the thread - viewtopic.php?p=134158#p134158

Ship models which you provided will not work, because they naturally have different format, they have no weights, and so on. In case you need them, let me know.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], halflifedave and 8 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group