All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post subject: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2017 10:25 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Have thanks: 9 times
So there has been a lot of work in the past on Krome Studio's file format with games like Clone Wars Republic Heroes getting a Blender Plugin and a Noesis plugin for the textures, but one game seems to have been left out that still has a lot of good models in it that aren't in any other star wars game.

This format is older than Clone wars Republic Heroes with their format for the models being MDL5 and these for TFU Wii being MDL3 so it shouldn't be to hard to work on this version of the format when the newer version already work.

Now sometime ago i found a RKV program to unpack the Wii archive but i've seen lost it and can't find where i found it at and the BMS scripts RKV don't work on the Wii version, But as for the PS2 version i found a BMS script on another site that extracts that RKV but found out the .tex files are much smaller size and doesn't contain normal maps or spec maps for the models just a diffuse while the Wii version contains those textures.

Here is a Wii version model i happen to find on my PC http://www.mediafire.com/file/6vgtbzd07 ... mmando.rar

Also if someone wants i can provide you with the Wii RKV if needed to help edit the BMS script to unpack it.

Post subject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed Wii Models
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 3:27 am 
VIP member
VIP member

Have thanks: 475 times
this is the best i could do with it so far :]

i have Noesis auto creating the faces here but it isn't right as you can see.
i don't know a whole lot about PS2 or Wii model formats either and i usually
avoid them, i'm not sure how the face indices are stored in many of them. :(

JakeGreen wrote:
Also if someone wants i can provide you with the Wii RKV if needed to help edit the BMS script to unpack it.

you should open a thread on Zenhax and see if aluigi can fix the script.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

TextureFinder
Unity Assets Bundle Extractor

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 7:16 pm 
veteran

Have thanks: 5 times
As a last resort, I recall Ninja Ripper can be used with Dolphin, which keeps the skeletal structure/t-pose for quite a few games. Then you'd have to sift through all the world models, however.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:38 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

AceWell wrote:
this is the best i could do with it so far :]

i have Noesis auto creating the faces here but it isn't right as you can see.
i don't know a whole lot about PS2 or Wii model formats either and i usually
avoid them, i'm not sure how the face indices are stored in many of them. :(

JakeGreen wrote:

you should open a thread on Zenhax and see if aluigi can fix the script.

That's awesome you got this far with the models, can't wait to see them fully working. and will post on there later tonight.

Teancum wrote:
As a last resort, I recall Ninja Ripper can be used with Dolphin, which keeps the skeletal structure/t-pose for quite a few games. Then you'd have to sift through all the world models, however.

Yeah i've tried NinjaRipper with Dolphin 5.0 64bit and NR version 1.5.2 it rips out most of the models but no characters and sometime before i don't remember if it was a 32bit version of Dolphin but i was able to get out characters but they weren't in a t-pose just whatever pose you capture them in.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 8:33 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Have thanks: 574 times
Tool for skeletal models, PS2 & Wii

You need .mdl & .mdg files. Drop any of these onto the tool and it will make .obj file with exported model.

Static models are not supported.

Attachments:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post. Register to gain access.

Last edited by daemon1 on Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:55 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

daemon1 wrote:
Here's a quick test of this guy's geometry. Do you need him with bones, or static model is enough?

It doesn't matter. With how you got the model working would it be possible to do the same on others? and if so would you release your method?

Here is another one if you want to test it out as well with textures http://www.mediafire.com/file/olhmqoklw ... rooper.rar

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:18 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

JakeGreen wrote:
Here is another one if you want to test it out as well with textures http://www.mediafire.com/file/olhmqoklw ... rooper.rar

This one is completely different. This is MDG3, and commando was MDG5. Also do you have any tool to open these textures?

Commando attached. If you send me some more in MGD5 format, I can check them and make my tool extract them. Without that, I think tool will only extract this commando.

Attachments:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:27 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

daemon1 wrote:
JakeGreen wrote:

This one is completely different. This is MDG3, and commando was MDG5. Also do you have any tool to open these textures?

Reason probably for that is I think the file I posted in the op was from the ps2 version and the file I posted now is from the wii version,textures aren’t to important as I can get them from dolphin emulator but I would look into the threads for clone wars republic heroes as this has the same format but more updated and the texture format is the same.

I can supply you more of that version of the format when i’m able to get on my pc later today.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:24 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Sorry for the double post but didn't think you would see the models if i just edited my post.

Here is a mix of weapons,characters and vehicles so you can look at everything.
https://www.mediafire.com/file/gxpuapf1 ... Models.rar

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:46 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

wii models. almost there

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:31 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

here we go:

Attachments:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:33 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

daemon1 wrote:
here we go:

Very nice do you think your tool will be able to get the rest just fine and when you do think it'll be released?

Also did you get the textures working or get them from Dolphin?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:50 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

JakeGreen wrote:
Very nice do you think your tool will be able to get the rest just fine and when you do think it'll be released?

Yes I think it will. If you provide a few more PS2 models, I can check it better. As for release, maybe tomorrow, or later this week.

JakeGreen wrote:

The day before yesterday was the first time I worked with PS2/wii models. I have no idea whats dolphin, or how exactly PS2 textures are represented. They look like DXT, maybe just swizzled. If you really need that, I can look into this, but I think this must be usual for PS2, and some tools must exist for them. Or noesis plugin.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:33 pm 
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

daemon1 wrote:
JakeGreen wrote:

Yes I think it will. If you provide a few more PS2 models, I can check it better. As for release, maybe tomorrow, or later this week.

JakeGreen wrote:

The day before yesterday was the first time I worked with PS2/wii models. I have no idea whats dolphin, or how exactly PS2 textures are represented. They look like DXT, maybe just swizzled. If you really need that, I can look into this, but I think this must be usual for PS2, and some tools must exist for them. Or noesis plugin.

Well I no longer have any ps2 files only wii files and those are more higher poly and have higher res textures as the ones from the ps2 only have a diffuse at lower res and nothing else.

When I say dolphin i’m talking about the dolphin emulator for wii games I can dump the textures with that game but it’s sometimes hard to find what you need because it dumps every texture from the whole scene.

But all the files I provided that wasn’t from the op are wii models and textures, but as for the textures you should look at this noesis plugin as it was created using the same format from the same company that created this game just the format may have been updated a bit. viewtopic.php?f=18&t=14297

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:19 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

ok no problem. Tool posted up there in the thread - viewtopic.php?p=134158#p134158

Ship models which you provided will not work, because they naturally have different format, they have no weights, and so on. In case you need them, let me know.