XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Tue Oct 24, 2017 12:38 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour

Forum rules

Please click here to view the forum rules

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: Far Cry Primal models
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:14 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Have thanks: 219 times

After further review, I do see that on Urki, there's a vertex group problem:

I think this is what you meant. it's not a problem with the skeleton, Skeleton is fine. it's a problem with the vertex groups. My code assumes every bone has a vertex group. But it seems with human characters, they try to use a 'universal' skeleton, so some bones are unused. That's throwing off the naming. It may happen on some animals. but for examples of models that don't have spare bones, see "anml_chic.xbg" Chicken and "anml_sabertooth_body.xbg" Sabertooth. they load with no flaws, since no extra bones.

I'll have to do some work to handle this situation. Stay tuned. :)

You can make the ads go away by registering

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:37 pm 
advanced

Have thanks: 1 time
thank you for looking into it. i can confirm, faces invertion has now been fixed. yay!

as for the bones, please let me explain a bit better.

see how i selected "Rightshoulder"?:
https://pl.vc/bd120

where it should actually be at this position:
https://pl.vc/dekue

and here's the weighting itself shown (which is correct - only position and rotation is wrong):
https://pl.vc/1iknhq

moving through the joint hierarchy, down to the next joint, the "RightArm":
https://pl.vc/lulyg

the cross shows where the joint is ("Rightshoulder"), while the circle shows where it should be:
https://pl.vc/1hjqfe

moving on to the "RightForeArm". when rotate it, that will happen (because its on position of "RightArm"):
https://pl.vc/13w6hf

i hope that helps a bit more.
using Blender 2.78 to im-/ and export to fbx, to continue work on the model itself in C4D. no fbx export options have been altered.

edit:
okay, i just saw you last post after i posted mine. however, that issue is also affecting the sabertooth aswell.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 7:53 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Can you show me where on the Sabertooth? I checked it over and all looked fine. Granted, how they built the skeleton is odd but:

That is indeed Right Upper leg, and

That is indeed RightLeg.

I know it looks counter intuitive, because the bone isn't right where the weight is. but this is intentional on Ubisoft's part. If you rotate the bones, you'll see the movement makes sense. Recall this isn't the Studio version with the fancy handles to move groups of bones together to make things easy for animators. This is the raw made from nothing version with no help to anyone version :) it's not going to be easy to use at all.

Last edited by volfin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:03 pm 
advanced

you just showed it. the selected joint should be, where the weighting is. not one step up the joint-hierarchy.

volfin wrote:
but this is intentional on Ubisoft's part.

i hate to say this but no, really, it's not. :(

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:05 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

TheMask85 wrote:
you just showed it. the selected joint should be, where the weighting is. not one step up the joint-hierarchy.

volfin wrote:
but this is intentional on Ubisoft's part.

i hate to say this but no, really, it's not. :(

it is. I just played with the model and its fine. See my edit above also. This isn't a studio ready version. you have to grab groups of bones in some instances and move them together. there's no IK controllers etc, which seems to be what you expect.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:14 pm 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Alright. You convinced me. There must be a more fundamental problem I'm not seeing here. I'll have to review skeleton and vertex group creation from the ground up. Will take a bit probably.

Also just to say it clearly, I see you're not using Blender. I will never say the skeleton will work in any app but Blender. it's not made with any finesse at all.

Last edited by volfin on Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:16 pm 
advanced

volfin wrote:
it is. I just played with the model and its fine. See my edit above also. This isn't a studio ready version. you have to grab groups of bones in some instances and move them together. there's no IK controllers etc, which seems to be what you expect.

the bone reading/ranslating is not correct. i may be not a coder but i'm working with 3d models every day.
every single joint is simply shifted by one position and has a slightly wrong rotation. that's the whole thing here. :D

volfin wrote:
Alright. You convinced me. There must be a more fundamental problem I'm not seeing here. I'll have to review skeleton and vertex group creation from the ground up. Will take a bit probably.

thank you so much!!

volfin wrote:
Also just to say it clearly, I see you're not using Blender. I will never say the skeleton will work in any app but Blender. it's not made with any finesse at all.

nah that's cool! the issue can be seen on your last example pic aswell with the sabertooth.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:21 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 0 time
How do you extract the models from far cry primal?

gibbed dunia tools does not work, what do I do?

thanks in advance

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 12:38 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

well I found one of the problems...
https://developer.blender.org/T33172
I actually knew about this 'feature' but completely forgot. You have to fudge zero length bones to not be zero. most other programs don't care and allow that, and the models have a few. Missing bones = big problems. I'm not sure this is the only problem, but it's a step in the right direction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 2:04 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Ok I think I have it solved now.

Looks better:

One difference is, I had to go to a 'tailless' system, since the game doesn't store tail data. So each ball is a pivot bone. Valve uses this system for their Source Tools. But it works correctly. :)

How it would appear with regular tails:

I'll test on the other models and if all is good, will post an updated version shortly.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 4:52 am 
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran

Ok, after a lot more pulling my hair out, it is working right for Urki too.

And i'm going to show you something before you say it's wrong, because even I thought it was wrong at first. :lol:

When you select a shoulder, it looks like it's too far down the arm. but actually it's ok because it extends way, way down. and that bone also moves the child bone for shoulder tilt (and the other midway down), which as you see here:

takes care of the rest. So all good! :D

Now, also I did the huge, *huge* favor of putting small squares on all the invalid bones. Because otherwise it's crazy to figure out which bones actually do stuff. So many unused bones. (luckily they identified them). So that's why the small squares. Ignore them, they do nothing.

Now maybe I can tomorrow see about Normals and materials. :keke:

Enjoy.

Edit: newer version below.

Last edited by volfin on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 1:03 pm 
advanced

volfin wrote:
When you select a shoulder, it looks like it's too far down the arm. but actually it's ok because it extends way, way down. and that bone also moves the child bone for shoulder tilt (and the other midway down), which as you see here:

exactly!
i can confirm, joint positions are now properly allocated and even the rotation is now correct. that's awesome!
materials and normals would be the icing on the cake. thank you!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 6:19 pm 
double-veteran
double-veteran

Have thanks: 574 times
Making the packer. Your sound_patch trick worked, and now I'm hunting the rare blue goat (watch the video).

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:00 pm 
advanced

daemon1 wrote:
Making the packer. Your sound_patch trick worked, and now I'm hunting the rare blue goat
Haha, good to hear! I tried it myself with the mammoth & Dunia tools, but no luck; seems like the the game expect indeed isn't backward compatible/doesn't match the compression algorithm provided by the older Dunia2 tools.

So, this means you have only the modified texture in a BRAND NEW sound_patch file? Having a packer that can make archive from scratch will SURELY make mods viable, as it's easier to share that than a modified 6GB data file! ;)

Btw, in Far Cry 4 it looks like Dunia extracts (sub)dat/fat archives from a dat/fat archive in case of the fcc_main.dat. If you encounter a weird file format analyzing a Primal dat file, perhaps it's another dat/fat in there.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 10:17 pm 
ultra-n00b

Have thanks: 2 times
We only expecting translation tool or editor-repacker for text string. as I have seen there isn't anything for it. if only, someone would hand it, too...

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 123 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next