I have analyzed the vkm structure and this is my findings. i am using 1 Sword006.vkm and ZKSword.vkm (Edited based from Sword006.vkm). Here is the links for the diff file :-https://www.diffnow.com/?report=f2mn9
what i have found is
1) Headerbyte from 0x00 to 0x17 is all the same for all vkm file. below is the example
2) On 0x18, when i tried to change the value, game load the mesh file but game would not load the dds file
- here is the original value on zksword.dds @ 0x18 value is 12688 , the dds load fine
- when i change the value to the original Sword006.vkm @0x18 which is 3496 - the sword did not load the dds but the game still load fine
3) from 0x5D to 0x73 is the same, but other type of weapon such as bow or saber is using different value
- Sword 0x5D to 0x73
- Mask 0x5d to 0x73
- Bow 0x5d to 0x73
4) from 0x74 is the mesh file i presume?
5) and on zksword.vkm called the dds at 000031C8, but the Sword006.vkm called the dds at 00000DE0.
6) On your post at posting.php?mode=quote&f=16&p=112364
, the extractor u have done is perfect, the mesh is indeed like that, when we put alpha dds, it will go invisible.
so far this is what i have manage to find out.