XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:42 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 4:20 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 pm
Posts: 20
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 3 times

So how's the progress on Batman: The Enemy Within importer goes? Really want to export some models from it, especially Harley from upcoming episode 2!

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:45 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Would it be possible to add an option to use PNG instead of DDS Textures for the 3DS Max Script?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 12:29 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
Escope12 wrote:
Would it be possible to add an option to use PNG instead of DDS Textures for the 3DS Max Script?
I've already implemented that in the work-in-progress script update. (Still doesn't work with newer games, though.)

Maximmum wrote:
So how's the progress on Batman: The Enemy Within importer goes? Really want to export some models from it, especially Harley from upcoming episode 2!
I should have some more time later this coming week to work on it, and once I've got the last problems fixed the update should be out soon after.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:12 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
RandomTBush wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
Would it be possible to add an option to use PNG instead of DDS Textures for the 3DS Max Script?
I've already implemented that in the work-in-progress script update. (Still doesn't work with newer games, though.)

Is it because of the material hash that we can't figure out yet? I might be wrong though.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:03 am 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Does anyone know how to fix the detail textures for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier?

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:13 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
Escope12 wrote:
Is it because of the material hash that we can't figure out yet? I might be wrong though.
Well, yeah. If anyone's good at debugging and can figure out the hashing algorithm used for the bone names and most likely the texture names (e.g. "root" = 0x765BA466632FD7A5, "spine1" = 0x617CC8ECC1D6CE76, "spine2" = 0x9B42935906C7EC4A, etc.), then I can do a batch-conversion of all of the texture names from the newer games and fix this issue.

Escope12 wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix the detail textures for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier?
Already answered that:
RandomTBush wrote:
Tydeus wrote:
...

Also I've noticed some of the details are messed up, Hector's head details are all black with like a bunch of staggered yellow lines down the side, like as if I printed it out and the ink is running low :P and theres others that are entirely light blue with no lines, all without alpha channels.
...

As for the latter, I think that's actually normal since the red and green store different information (basically like a mask texture), but I'm gonna check those out again later just to make sure I'm reading them correctly (and that they're not SNORM being read as UNORM and such).


Last edited by RandomTBush on Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:23 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
RandomTBush wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
Is it because of the material hash that we can't figure out yet? I might be wrong though.
Well, yeah. If anyone's good at debugging and can figure out the hashing algorithm used for the bone names and most likely the texture names (e.g. "root" = 0x765BA466632FD7A5, "spine1" = 0x617CC8ECC1D6CE76, "spine2" = 0x9B42935906C7EC4A, etc.), then I can do a batch-conversion of all of the game's texture names and fix this issue.

Escope12 wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix the detail textures for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier?
Already answered that:
RandomTBush wrote:
Tydeus wrote:
...

Also I've noticed some of the details are messed up, Hector's head details are all black with like a bunch of staggered yellow lines down the side, like as if I printed it out and the ink is running low :P and theres others that are entirely light blue with no lines, all without alpha channels.
...

As for the latter, I think that's actually normal since the red and green store different information (basically like a mask texture), but I'm gonna check those out again later just to make sure I'm reading them correctly (and that they're not SNORM being read as UNORM and such).
Looks like I’ll have to wait a little bit. I really hope someone can help debug the material hash.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:12 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
Alright, looks like the script's in working order for the Batman: The Enemy Within models now. Once I get the texture-conversion script done for Minecraft: Season 2 (and after I've adjusted a couple more things), I'll be releasing the update!


Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Oct 05, 2017 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm
Posts: 34
Has thanked: 9 times
Have thanks: 3 times
Escope12 wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix the detail textures for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier?
I told you about that on DeviantArt, open the broken textures in Noesis and export them back as DDS, they should be fine after that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:14 am 
Offline
ultra-veteran
ultra-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:47 am
Posts: 366
Location: Russia
Has thanked: 588 times
Have thanks: 173 times
Tydeus wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix the detail textures for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier?
I told you about that on DeviantArt, open the broken textures in Noesis and export them back as DDS, they should be fine after that.

It's a bad idea to export to DDS, because of recompression and quality loss, it's better to export to something lossless, like PNG, then reassign.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 1:44 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
Script's been updated now!
Code:
Updated the Guardians of the Galaxy importer to also support Batman: The Enemy Within and Minecraft: Story Mode Season Two.
Added some more options to change texture format (from DDS to PNG), path (either in the same folder or in a separate "Textures" folder), and outputting debug crap if you want.
Fixed rigging for single-bind models for The Walking Dead Season 1 models (e.g. the cop car).
Re-fixed maps and such not loading properly for TWDS3, Batman S1 and GotG due to accidentally breaking it in the previous update. Whoops!

https://mega.nz/#!X9oSlTLC!2-K7JYcGobjr ... -5stmRUyoA
(EDIT: If you downloaded it earlier, please re-download, as I accidentally broke the TWD3 importer!)
(EDIT 2: And if you downloaded it before 10/10/2017, please re-redownload it as I'm a twit and made a stupid mistake.)

And here's the updated QuickBMS script pack for the textures for Batman: TEW and MCSM:S2. Turns out I didn't need to write a new script, I just needed to adjust a few things with the current one.
https://mega.nz/#!35xByISR!R9ExvMyMqtUf ... HGNBv65HDw


Last edited by RandomTBush on Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:59 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:06 am 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Sun Aug 30, 2015 12:34 pm
Posts: 34
Has thanked: 9 times
Have thanks: 3 times
Andrakann wrote:
Tydeus wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
Does anyone know how to fix the detail textures for The Walking Dead: A New Frontier?
I told you about that on DeviantArt, open the broken textures in Noesis and export them back as DDS, they should be fine after that.

It's a bad idea to export to DDS, because of recompression and quality loss, it's better to export to something lossless, like PNG, then reassign.
I was just saying in general rather than listing the other formats, but it's only the detail maps. I can't say it really matters about those.

RandomTBush wrote:
Re-fixed maps and such not loading properly for GotG due to accidentally breaking it in the previous update. Whoops![/code]
Does that include the map stuff from TWD3 too? I havent got to that game yet but I remember there was an issue with that.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 4:19 am 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
Which quickbms script do I use to convert The Walking Dead Season 1 textures from D3DTX to DDS?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:21 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
Escope12 wrote:
Which quickbms script do I use to convert The Walking Dead Season 1 textures from D3DTX to DDS?
Doesn't TTArchExt have the ability to automatically convert those?


Last edited by RandomTBush on Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:53 am, edited 4 times in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:35 am 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
RandomTBush wrote:
Tydeus wrote:
Does that include the map stuff from TWD3 too? I havent got to that game yet but I remember there was an issue with that.
...Ah, crap, I completely forgot to check that (and it turns out I accidentally broke it further!), so I'll go fix that up ASAP.

Escope12 wrote:
Which quickbms script do I use to convert The Walking Dead Season 1 textures from D3DTX to DDS?
Doesn't TTArchExt have the ability to automatically convert those?

I’m not sure. I’ve used Telltale Explorer to convert them to dds.



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 372 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 21, 22, 23, 24, 25  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: drexciya, fnyashver, lolwatt and 11 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group