XeNTaX Forum Index
Forum MultiEx Commander Tools Tools Home
It is currently Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:10 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Forum rules


Please click here to view the forum rules



Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:51 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times

PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
Jesse face and mouth mesh are very messed up. Trying to fix this like 20 Times and always fail. I'm using 3DS Max 2017
http://i.imgur.com/yUw0d7J.png

My next step: installing 3DS Max 2009, and now i can't put the .dds textures into the models
http://i.imgur.com/MxcwhUT.png

Any help?
Everything's working fine on my end.
Image

And, uh, I can already see what's wrong with the second image, it's not because you're using too new of a 3DS Max version (it really shouldn't matter at this point as long as you're using something newer than 3DS Max 9), it's because you're trying to drag-and-drop the D3DTX files onto the model. You'll need to convert those to DDS first using the respective QuickBMS script before they can be used. And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.

...And on another note, if Telltale's indeed got three more projects they're working on at once, I've gonna need to update my script again sooner rather than later. Hopefully they won't be too difficult to support now that I have a better understanding of everything.

You can make the ads go away by registering



Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:24 am 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Quote:
it's because you're trying to drag-and-drop the D3DTX files onto the model

Welp, i didn't notice... :D . Thanks anyway

Quote:
And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.

How? Did i need another editing application (such as Photoshop) or resize it in 3DS Max? And where is "Disable Texture Filtering" Options are located?

Quote:
...And on another note, if Telltale's indeed got three more projects they're working on at once, I've gonna need to update my script again sooner rather than later.

Telltale are working for Tales of Borderlands Season 2, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and also James Bond - A Telltale Series. MCSM S2 just got rated by NZ and AU. I don't know much about Borderlands and James Bond Series, so... i have no idea (Edit: Borderlands Season 2 and James Bond Series are not yet confirmed)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 6:19 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:40 am
Posts: 8
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 2 times
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
Telltale are working for Tales of Borderlands Season 2, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and also James Bond - A Telltale Series. MCSM S2 just got rated by NZ and AU. I don't know much about Borderlands and James Bond Series, so... i have no idea (Edit: Borderlands Season 2 and James Bond Series are not yet confirmed)


Not to take this forum off-topic, but could you point me to whatever source mentioned Borderlands S2 and James Bond being in the works? I can only find mention of the Minecraft S2 being rated by AU/NZ. I know you said the other two aren't confirmed, but I'd be happy with even unconfirmed rumors/leaks of a Borderlands S2!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:24 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
mcemily wrote:
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
Telltale are working for Tales of Borderlands Season 2, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and also James Bond - A Telltale Series. MCSM S2 just got rated by NZ and AU. I don't know much about Borderlands and James Bond Series, so... i have no idea (Edit: Borderlands Season 2 and James Bond Series are not yet confirmed)


Not to take this forum off-topic, but could you point me to whatever source mentioned Borderlands S2 and James Bond being in the works? I can only find mention of the Minecraft S2 being rated by AU/NZ. I know you said the other two aren't confirmed, but I'd be happy with even unconfirmed rumors/leaks of a Borderlands S2!
Well, it seems that Tales from the Borderlands 2 might've been disproved according to another tweet from the same guy who posted the original leak, with the original assets used for that.
https://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/status/871101569290383360

So that might also mean that Solstice isn't a thing, either. But it's only like a week away from E3, so we'll see what happens then.


Last edited by RandomTBush on Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 8:47 pm 
Offline
ultra-n00b

Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 6:40 am
Posts: 8
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 2 times
RandomTBush wrote:
mcemily wrote:
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
Telltale are working for Tales of Borderlands Season 2, Minecraft Story Mode Season 2 and also James Bond - A Telltale Series. MCSM S2 just got rated by NZ and AU. I don't know much about Borderlands and James Bond Series, so... i have no idea (Edit: Borderlands Season 2 and James Bond Series are not yet confirmed)


Not to take this forum off-topic, but could you point me to whatever source mentioned Borderlands S2 and James Bond being in the works? I can only find mention of the Minecraft S2 being rated by AU/NZ. I know you said the other two aren't confirmed, but I'd be happy with even unconfirmed rumors/leaks of a Borderlands S2!
Well, it seems that Tales from the Borderlands 2 might've been disproved according to another tweet from the same guy who posted the original leak, with the original assets used for that.
https://twitter.com/AnEvilHag/status/871101569290383360

So that might also mean that Solstice isn't a thing, either. But it's only like a week away from E3, so we'll see what happens then.


Ah, yeah... that looks like a "wishful thinking" fan render to me. :) As you say... we'll see what Telltale has to say for themselves at E3.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 11:51 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
Actually i just want to ask about this, but its ok, at least we know that Borderlands S2 are fake, and Solstice isn't a thing, but who knows? :D
Quote:
And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.

How?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 12:06 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
Quote:
And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.
How?
Use an image-editing program, of course. I'd suggest GIMP if you want something worthwhile that's free.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 3:19 pm 
Offline
n00b

Joined: Fri May 12, 2017 7:05 pm
Posts: 11
Has thanked: 0 time
Have thanks: 0 time
RandomTBush wrote:
PixelBoyZ69 wrote:
Quote:
And also try resizing the texture to about 16 times or so of its original size (using bilinear or pixel filtering, not smart-size) or disable texture filtering to make it look better.
How?
Use an image-editing program, of course. I'd suggest GIMP if you want something worthwhile that's free.


Uhh... I don't understand these stuff :( .Is there any tutorial about how to resizing texture using bilinear/ pixel filtering (Photoshop/ GIMP) on Youtube? That would be helpful


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 3:28 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 pm
Posts: 20
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 3 times
Hi there RandomTBrush, so i have a little problem here, i import Clem model with ur script(but this problem is actually with any model i import) but it looks like this:
Image

So as you can see some of the models have black color, and even if apply material and texture of this model, the black colour still be there, and the texture will be very dark because of it, i tried to make these black models white (in both 3DS Max and Blender) but with no luck, i tried everything, but the model still stands black. Also one thing - if export this model to .obj, and import back, these black colors will gone and become white, but this would not work out for me, because if i import it to any other format than .obj, i will loose the Armature and vertexes things! So i hope you can help me with that!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:26 pm 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
Maximmum wrote:
Hi there RandomTBrush, so i have a little problem here, i import Clem model with ur script(but this problem is actually with any model i import) but it looks like this:
*image*

So as you can see some of the models have black color, and even if apply material and texture of this model, the black colour still be there, and the texture will be very dark because of it, i tried to make these black models white (in both 3DS Max and Blender) but with no luck, i tried everything, but the model still stands black. Also one thing - if export this model to .obj, and import back, these black colors will gone and become white, but this would not work out for me, because if i import it to any other format than .obj, i will loose the Armature and vertexes things! So i hope you can help me with that!
Did you enable the "Enable vertex colours?" option? That's normal, if that's the case. I'm not sure what those are used for in most of the models I've looked at, hence why it's disabled by default.

Alternatively, you can add a "Vertex Paint" modifier to all of the polygon sections, and then click the third box at the top to disable previewing for those.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 13, 2017 1:41 pm 
Offline
beginner

Joined: Wed May 04, 2016 3:06 pm
Posts: 20
Has thanked: 4 times
Have thanks: 3 times
RandomTBush wrote:
Maximmum wrote:
Hi there RandomTBrush, so i have a little problem here, i import Clem model with ur script(but this problem is actually with any model i import) but it looks like this:
*image*

So as you can see some of the models have black color, and even if apply material and texture of this model, the black colour still be there, and the texture will be very dark because of it, i tried to make these black models white (in both 3DS Max and Blender) but with no luck, i tried everything, but the model still stands black. Also one thing - if export this model to .obj, and import back, these black colors will gone and become white, but this would not work out for me, because if i import it to any other format than .obj, i will loose the Armature and vertexes things! So i hope you can help me with that!
Did you enable the "Enable vertex colours?" option? That's normal, if that's the case. I'm not sure what those are used for in most of the models I've looked at, hence why it's disabled by default.

Alternatively, you can add a "Vertex Paint" modifier to all of the polygon sections, and then click the third box at the top to disable previewing for those.


Yep you're right, i went to the Vertex Paint mode and quickly paint all black models to white :] Thank You very much :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:56 pm 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
RTB, Clementine's tongue rotates wired when I rotate the jaw bone.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:25 am 
Offline
double-veteran
double-veteran
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:24 am
Posts: 834
Location: Russia, Siberia
Has thanked: 156 times
Have thanks: 89 times
Escope12 wrote:
RTB, Clementine's tongue rotates wired when I rotate the jaw bone.
this is how model been done for animation purpose. there's nothing RTB can do about it.

_________________
Thank you for all you do here
my blog | my forum


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 12:27 am 
Offline
mega-veteran
mega-veteran

Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 4:11 pm
Posts: 248
Has thanked: 41 times
Have thanks: 167 times
Tosyk wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
RTB, Clementine's tongue rotates wired when I rotate the jaw bone.
this is how model been done for animation purpose. there's nothing RTB can do about it.
^ This. If it's not the vertex points stretching oddly (which shouldn't happen anymore), then it's probably intentional.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Telltale Games "Almost-All-In-One" Model Importer
PostPosted: Wed Jun 21, 2017 1:16 am 
Offline
advanced

Joined: Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:42 am
Posts: 74
Has thanked: 22 times
Have thanks: 1 time
RandomTBush wrote:
Tosyk wrote:
Escope12 wrote:
RTB, Clementine's tongue rotates wired when I rotate the jaw bone.
this is how model been done for animation purpose. there's nothing RTB can do about it.
^ This. If it's not the vertex points stretching oddly (which shouldn't happen anymore), then it's probably intentional.

That's strange. Thanks for telling me.



Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 377 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26  Next

All times are UTC + 1 hour


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group